Chit Chat
Options

Even the Royal Family can't aviod the BS - no ring, no bring

I'm sooooooo disappointed and shocked that Pippa would do this. Barf.

Pippa Middleton plots to keep Meghan Markle from stealing wedding spotlight

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/pippa-middleton-plots-to-keep-meghan-markle-from-stealing-wedding-spotlight-report/ar-AAocfXA?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

Re: Even the Royal Family can't aviod the BS - no ring, no bring

• Options
    Good grief.   How are you doing, PK?  Long time no talk!
  • Options
    Great. and now, every speshul snoflayk is going to think it's okay to have this "policy" 

• Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My goodness, what a bunch of drama. Hope it's all not true.
  • Options
    I seriously rolled my eyes.  I hope this doesn't start a trend.  What kind of standards are you setting, Pippa? 

• Options
    Pippa the Punkass.
  • Options
    I hope Prince Harry proposes.
    Talk about thunder-stealing.
  • Options
    Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.
  • Options
    Didn't Prince Harry and Pippa have a thing a few years ago!?  Good luck knotties, how much effort you have to squash the speshuals it's about to start again!! 
  • Options
    Seems like American made-up royal drama.
    This is exactly what I was thinking reading this..

I don't get why American media is so into MUD. All they have to do is report on actual people here in the good ol' USofA if they want real crazy, dramatic, and rude. 
    Just wanted to point out the story referenced the Daily Mail as the original story source (with all its trustworthiness and reliability), a British tabloid. 

We Americans do made-up royal news well, but looks like this one is home grown. 
  • Options
    Agree that it's Daily Mail MUD (I admittedly love reading it because it's entertainment), but unfortunately, all of the speshul snowflakes running around will take it to heart and think they can do it because ZOMG Pippa did it! 

• Options
    Seems like American made-up royal drama.
    This is exactly what I was thinking reading this..

I don't get why American media is so into MUD. All they have to do is report on actual people here in the good ol' USofA if they want real crazy, dramatic, and rude. 
    Just wanted to point out the story referenced the Daily Mail as the original story source (with all its trustworthiness and reliability), a British tabloid. 

We Americans do made-up royal news well, but looks like this one is home grown. 
    I did see that. I'm talking about the American appetite for MUD, which is insatiable. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    @LondonLisa I did not know about Pippa's reputation and googled  Pippas Tips, so funny! 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I didn't know about the Pippa Tips @LondonLisa I was about to say "doesn't she have a hostessing book?!" but I guess this would be another example of her being less than brilliant.

This reminds me of when Tom Brady and Gisele had like 3 weddings...I feel like the rude people will do what they want anyway, but it does empower them when celebrities lead the way.
  • Options
    mollybarker11mollybarker11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2017
    Yup to all this
    1. Daily Mail is a tabloid not a newspaper
    2. Why would Pippa invite her sister's brother-in-law to her wedding? I'm not that close with my brother's siblings-in-law.
    3. Even if it were true, it wouldn't make logical sense. Harry may very well propose before the invitations go out in, which case Pippa would look like an even bigger jerk for not inviting Megan OR would have to deal with the increased thunder-stealing capacity of Newly-Engaged Megan.

But yes, special snowflakes / the uninformed will certainly use this nonsense rumour as proof that No Ring No Bring is totes klassy.
  • Options
    Yup to all this
    1. Daily Mail is a tabloid not a newspaper
    2. Why would Pippa invite her sister's brother-in-law to her wedding? I'm not that close with my brother's siblings-in-law.
    3. Even if it were true, it wouldn't make logical sense. Harry may very well propose before the invitations go out in, which case Pippa would look like an even bigger jerk for not inviting Megan OR would have to deal with the increased thunder-stealing capacity of Newly-Engaged Megan.

But yes, special snowflakes / the uninformed will certainly use this nonsense rumour as proof that No Ring No Bring is totes klassy.
    I agree with a lot, but I'm sure that's super weird. I invited my sister's FIL's to my wedding. We are close, we all get together frequently, so I do think it's all that crazy. Depends on dynamics I think.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 True, every family is different! 

And I obviously don't know the dynamics of Pippa's family but I am suspicious of most things I read about them. (Eg The story that she & Harry hooked up at the royal wedding? Just seemed like a very obvious Hot BM Gets Hot MOH trope from a movie.) So I lean in the other direction like "they probably don't even talk" lol.