New York-Long Island

Tipping for Trials?

I just booked my trials for hair and makeup (two different vendors). My question is do we tip for the trials? The trial for my hair is costing the same as the day of, so I'm not sure whether I should tip or not (I am traveling to the salon for both the trial and for the day of). For the makeup trial however the artist is coming to me for both the trial and the day of. I've heard that if they travel to you it is not customary to tip. Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Tipping for Trials?

• edited December 2011
    You should tip for the trials and more for the day of. And both should be tipped, whether they come to you or you go to them. HTH.
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed with PP- the tip is for exceptional service, so as long as you're happy with it, regardless of it being the actual day of or not, a tip is customary.  However, I will say that paying full price for a trial is a bit much.... I've never been charged more than half, and I used about 6 different stylists before I found the ones I liked.
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    yes you tip. them traveling to you has nothing to do with tipping-those things are made up by people trying to get out of tipping properly :)

• edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards