New York-Long Island

Mother Daughter Dance Ideas NEEDED!!

I have been looking all over the place for songs that my mom and I can dance to.  I started off looking for songs from a daughter thanking her mother for all she has done.  Everytime I find one I like it is to slow.  I need a song that is somewhate upbeat that my mom and I can dance to. 
See my problem is that my step sister and her mother danced to Kind and Generous and since then my mom has been pushing for that but I don't want to use their song.

HELP ME!!!!

Re: Mother Daughter Dance Ideas NEEDED!!

• edited December 2011
    It's not "their" song, it's a song they also used.  If that's the song that's really special to your mom, I'd use it.  Honestly, you are better off picking songs with your mom then asking strangers on a message board for advice - only she and you can decide what song will be special for the two of you.  The other thing I would say is, don't just consider specifically mother-daughter songs, also think about songs in general that are special to you and your mom.  (Example:  my mom loves a particular pop song, that has nothing to do with mothers and daughters, but she says the song reminds her of me, so we're dancing to that, because it's meaningful to us.)
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Starfish335Starfish335 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In My Daughter's Eyes- Martina McBride
  • edited December 2011
    I Hope You Dance - Carrie Underwood (I forget the original artist)
  • Monkegrl204Monkegrl204 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carrie Underwood - Mama
    Like my Mother Does- Lauren Alaina
    image August 1, 2011 RSVP Date

296 image Invited to party!!
    150 image Will be dancing the night away
    53 image are party poopers!
  • edited December 2011
    Carrie Underwood- mamas song
  • Because you loved me - Celine Dion