Wedding Woes

things that are currently annoying me:

1. i have a migraine and am in the office. one of the things that i needed to get done like 3 weeks ago requires a lot of analytical work and multiple spreadsheets, schedules, and a metric shitton of knowledge that I don't have. unfortunately i'm one of the only people who remotely knows how to do this activity so it's mine. with the migraine, i don't have the energy or patience to work on this. 
  2. one of my 100 ad-hoc jobs involves managing our contract staff/staffing agencies. (item #1 is part of this). one of the agencies completely bombed me with (unsolicted) data and in the process, the actual information that i needed from them was lost in all of this nonsense. i told them a week ago to package the necessary data and resend it to me at once. i asked again today because with a skim of the nonsense it looks like current info is missing. they are resisting doing what i so nicely have asked for (2x, now) - I don't want to have to get rude here, but IF YOU WANT TO GET PAID, YOU WILL DO AS I ASK. (3rd e-mail took that tone.)
  3.  as a part of 1 and 2, my managers were supposed to be transitioning this activity to someone else so I have time to do my other work - so after telling me that they would do that for the last 2 months, i met with them last week to show them what i do. they were shocked, because they had no idea how much work this actually is and everything involved. as a result,  i will probably now own this until the end of time - or at least another 6 months until they can figure out who to get to take it on. 
  4. i have a meeting in 10 minutes that is scheduled for an hour because someone wants something from me that i will not give them. so rather than calling and discussing this with me like a normal person, the person making the request decided to waste everyone's time and call a meeting DURING LUNCH for an HOUR for me to publicly tell them no. (cause that's what i'm going to do. my patience for bullshit is in the negative numbers right now. 

Re: things that are currently annoying me:

• feel free to add yours. 

• So frustrating, @*Barbie*!  I hope things ease up for you in the near future, but "easing up" doesn't seem to be the MO at your job.

1. Here's my work one.  Instructions from the Big Boss (BB), "Teach Coworker A to become fluent in the Steel Database."  6 months ago, when I was super busy, the client wanted me to teach someone else this DB so there was coverage if I was out sick or on vacation, etc.  The BB said, "No, we don't have the manpower and steel is ending soon anyway."

Steel is now 98-99% over.  So why the all fired hurry NOW to teach this DB to someone else?  I'm worried this all boils down to I'm about to be laid off, but they want me to train the person who will now be doing this part of my job before giving me the boot.  Nice, smh.  Perhaps I'm wrong.  But I'm side-eyeing hard right now.

2.  TK has it out for me today.  Keeps logging me in and out.  Even when I'm not even leaving the site.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1.  Women who act like their children are accessories.  

2.  People who receive a clear concise email asking for guidance on existing standards, but choose to ignore it completely because "that question was already answered."  Which is then information that is passed back to me, the sender of the email, through a chain of 4 people who were not included or involved in the email.  Honestly, if that question had been satisfactorily answered, it wouldn't have been asked in the first place.

3.  The company doesn't like to pay OT, so requests for OT essentially require a notarized affidavit of need, produced in triplicate.  Because of the tight purse strings, requests need to be submitted well in advance.  I submitted my request for exactly the number of hours I needed last week to complete my half of the project (which couldn't support overlap because of resource availability), told my boss the exact hours I would be working, and the time I would be starting and ending.  Boss acknowledged and stated that he would schedule his hours to avoid overlap.  When I arrived at work on Saturday, at the stated time, my boss was off doing his half of the project with ALL of the resources I needed.  It was 2 hours before he finished, and another hour before the resources were freed for me to start working.  He didn't apologize for tying me up unnecessarily, or for blatantly ignoring my schedule, which I adjusted based on HIS preference.  That's okay, I didn't want to spend any part of the weekend with my husband, anyway. :angry:

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @atomicblonde  I would have said something to your boss, that's so no okay!

1 - I have 2 paper cuts on my fingers. Not even normal sized, they're huge :( Stupid folder paper ....

2 - My desk doesn't clean itself. Rawr!! I am tired of cleaning it ...

3 - The fact that the company that seemed like they wanted M, decided that they want to be raging douches and not do any hiring .... I'm not bitter at all ....

4 - I'm likely going to be home late because I have to stop and get sinus spray from the drug store, so I'll miss my connecting bus and end up walking home in the rain.

*sigh*
  • ha. they didn't take "no" well. 
    too bad, so sad. 
  • 1.  I have lost a cherished, necessary committee member/position b/c people are assholes.

2.  IA committee member is being a \#/ for no damn good reason and is part of #1.

3.  I am not motivated at work at all.  

• Also have to add
    - getting my period later this week. Rarely do I have "symptoms" but right now my boobs are so sore :(
    Guhhhhh idk how some women deal with this all the time!
  • edited March 2017
    1. I have a coworker who cannot tell succinct stories. Every story has to have every minor detail. He also cannot pick up on cues that IDGAF and have work to do.

2. I have a dear friend who has been through a lot (divorce, job loss, son in mental institution, pregnant daughter moving back home, mom with cancer) and now her dog ate her daughter's panties Thursday and needed extensive surgery. She has a gofundme set up and is asking for $3,000 to pay for it. She is posting the damn link every 30 minutes asking for help. Grrr. Stahhhhp.

3. My H keeps bitching about how tired he is. I want to say to him, "Listen here bitch! I haven't had a full night's sleep since July 18th, 2015. You don't have to get up with Norah. In fact, I'm usually up and in her room with a boob in her mouth before she can even cry. So I really don't want to hear you complain that you had to get up with Mouse at 5:30. I've already been up 3 times. Mmmkay?"

4. My former BM is pregnant. She just turned the pee stick and is already bitching. I don't know if I can handle 9 months of this.

eta #4
  • @DrillSergeantCat, oh yikes!  I hate to say it, but your friend really needs to put the dog down.  With everything else she has going on, she can't be spending $3K on her pet.  I know it will be more heartbreak on top of heartbreak, but her, her family, and her mother's well being all come before the dog.  Right now, she needs that money to help her mother, help her son, and keep a roof over her family's head and food on the table.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @DrillSergeantCat, oh yikes!  I hate to say it, but your friend really needs to put the dog down.  With everything else she has going on, she can't be spending $3K on her pet.  I know it will be more heartbreak on top of heartbreak, but her, her family, and her mother's well being all come before the dog.  Right now, she needs that money to help her mother, help her son, and keep a roof over her family's head and food on the table.

Her cousin told her the same thing. The money has already been spent now, though. She'll continue to whinge about it on facebook for the forseeable future.
  • 1.  I have a huge, red eyesore pimple on my chest in a spot that is just above where most of my shirts start.  

2.  I'm sick of my house.  Not really, but I do wish I could just knock out my entire to-do list and have a beautiful landscaped home that's finished the way I want.

3.  My hubs is Captain No Fun and has doubled down on his 'no puppies until this summer because we work' rule.  I don't care about your logic and reasoning H, I care about puppy breath.

• 1. FW conked out early (not feeling well), so no BCBC tonight.
    2. I think I got voluntold to help with a fundraiser in July. It's a good cause, but ask me, don't tell me.
    3. Housemate has an audition Saturday, and I dug out some of my old textbooks to help her pick a monologue. I can't read my notes from 20 years ago, and now I'm angry with myself for drinking and bullshitting my way through college.
    4. My parents are getting harassing calls asking for money. If hell exists, people who prey on seniors deserve to be in the innermost circle. 
  • I'm with you on #3 lately @OurWildKingdom. And those people who prey on senior citizens suck. 
  • Cops who drive 5 miles an hour below the speed limit holding up traffic in both lanes because everyone is too afraid to pass them.
    Yup. Also cops who tailgate people on the highway when they clearly don't have any emergency to respond to (no lights, no siren, just want to ride people's bumpers at 70 mph and then speed off at 90 mph after the person almost causes an accident changing lanes to get out of their way).

Both MA and RI state troopers do this. Really grinds my gears. 
  • Cops who drive 5 miles an hour below the speed limit holding up traffic in both lanes because everyone is too afraid to pass them.
    Yup. Also cops who tailgate people on the highway when they clearly don't have any emergency to respond to (no lights, no siren, just want to ride people's bumpers at 70 mph and then speed off at 90 mph after the person almost causes an accident changing lanes to get out of their way).

I was driving next to a cop the other day.  He didn't have his lights/siren on.  As we started to approach an intersection with a red light, he turned them on.  Ran through the red light.  And then immediately turned them back off again.  WTSeriousF.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Well, in CT we call them Massholes...

• 2.  People who receive a clear concise email asking for guidance on existing standards, but choose to ignore it completely because "that question was already answered."  Which is then information that is passed back to me, the sender of the email, through a chain of 4 people who were not included or involved in the email.  Honestly, if that question had been satisfactorily answered, it wouldn't have been asked in the first place.

^^^THIS. OMG - i just ran 2 training sessions on a new work process, and shared the slides with everyone. i have now spent the last couple of weeks walking people through these situations step by step - THERE WAS TRAINING. YOU HAVE SLIDES WITH A DETAILED PROCESS. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO MICROMANGE YOU.
  • banana468 said:
    Cops who drive 5 miles an hour below the speed limit holding up traffic in both lanes because everyone is too afraid to pass them.

Well, in CT we call them Massholes...
    LOL RI drivers are worse though. For reals. 
  • Just the one.

I'm tracking a fed ex smart post shipment. It's a foundation which I just ran out of THIS MORNING.  As of Sunday night, fed ex had it shipped to a place 33 minutes from me but the 'delivery date' is set to 4/3.  It's been sitting there for 2 days.  smart post = starts off fed ex, but ends as usps.  It's just going to sit there for a week because they have the whole week to do it.  

So annoying.  Of course when I ordered this, I didn't know they used Fedex Smartpost - not that we have a choice in the matter.

• 1. The music on Dancing With The Stars. It is literally so horrible that I'm not sure if I can finish the season. 

2. Every person I work with. 

3. The wedding invitation that my mom and I received with a dress code specified. (It literally  says "attire: dressy. Jeans are not dressy ;)") omg I want to punch the girl. And I also might go in jeans o:)

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My MIL: If she asks one more time about my "little job" or what I'm going to do with all my "free time" next year I WILL punch her. 

She's coming tomorrow night. DH actually thought he was going to get to take 6let to lacrosse and leave me here with her. HAHAHAHAHAHA.  NO. 
  • @thefanciestbeckler: Leggings.  

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• 1. The music on Dancing With The Stars. It is literally so horrible that I'm not sure if I can finish the season. 

2. Every person I work with. 

3. The wedding invitation that my mom and I received with a dress code specified. (It literally  says "attire: dressy. Jeans are not dressy ;)") omg I want to punch the girl. And I also might go in jeans o:)
    Yes! Do it!  I love the denim skirt idea :)

• Maybe a denim mini skirt with leggings? What say ye, WW? 

• my side of our office has a small dorm size fridge we use. It has been smelling lately and the group by me went to lunch and I guess decided to clean it out since they all had leftover boxes and the fridge was full. I'm all for cleaning out old stuff but they took out my chili container I just brought this morning! Luckily it didn't sit out too long so I put it back in but it really annoyed me