Wedding Woes

Crab Quiche a la Sparklepants

Hello! Rather than hijack the Monday thread, I figured I would start a new thread and post my crab quiche recipe! Feel free to post your own recipes too!

Crab Quiche

2 tablespoons minced shallots or scallions or red onions

1 cup shredded crab meat (or two cans) well drained

1+ tablespoon flour

1 ½ cups grated Swiss or similar cheese (not Monterey jack or cheddar) (I generally use about 1 3/4 C)

3 eggs (or 4 eggs worth of eggbeaters for a lower fat recipe!)

1 cup light cream, half & half, or milk (I mix these)

½ teaspoon salt

Dash of white pepper

Dash of nutmeg

Parsley

9” pie crust

Mix crab and flour. You may need more flour; crab should be thoroughly coated but not caked. Sprinkle ½ the cheese in the pie crust. Spread crab/flour mix on top, then the rest of the cheese. Beat eggs, cream, spices until mixed but not frothy and pour into shell. Sprinkle scallions/shallots/onions and parsley on top.

Bake at 350°F and bake for about 35 minutes. You may want to cover the crust with foil to prevent burning. Quiche is done when knife comes out clean.

charlotte989875short+sassythefanciestbecklerOurWildKingdomlevioosadrid

Re: Crab Quiche a la Sparklepants

• crib quiche you mean ;)

also this sounds yummy
    sparklepants41
  • Mmmmmm this sounds delicious! I might have to try it! Is canned crab any good? We don't have much available in the way of seafood in this landlocked state. Shocker, I know ;)

• Mmmmmm this sounds delicious! I might have to try it! Is canned crab any good? We don't have much available in the way of seafood in this landlocked state. Shocker, I know ;)
    I live in MA and we can regularly get fresh crab, but it's typically about $20-$30 per pound (yikes). So for a non special occasion, I will use canned pink crab (Bumble Bee makes good canned crab). It's quite tasty. 
    thefanciestbeckler
    I live in MA and we can regularly get fresh crab, but it's typically about $20-$30 per pound (yikes). So for a non special occasion, I will use canned pink crab (Bumble Bee makes good canned crab). It's quite tasty. 

Thanks!  I was curious about that myself.  At first I was thinking, "Of course @sparklepants41 makes crab quiche, she's in Boston where the seafood is kickass, (grumble, grumble, grumble)."  But then I saw you used canned and had hope, lol.

Some people would argue NOLA has great seafood also...but it's different seafood.  And it's not crab or lobster.  Like New England.  So I get pouty.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    sparklepants41thefanciestbeckler