Wedding Etiquette Forum

RSVP Stamps

2»

Re: RSVP Stamps

• I don't think it's "rude" to not put stamps on your RSVPs.  But, like a lot of other PPs have pointed out, nowadays it can be rare someone has stamps.  You'll save yourself a lot of time if you just stamp the RSVP envelopes.

I had to actually mail a check to an online pharmacy the other day.  I was pissed about it.  Because I don't have envelopes.  I don't have stamps.  I put off ordering MEDICATION I needed by two weeks because it is such a hassle to get to the post office.  Especially for someone, like myself, who works a typical weekday job. 

With the exception of that recent pharmacy order and not including packages, the last time I sent mail was almost 4 years ago...for my wedding invites, RSVP envelopes, and ty notes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2017
    It is standard practice to include a stamp with a printed RSVP.  Maybe not rude to omit the stamp, but definitely tacky and cheap ass!  Is that how you want your guests to think about you at your wedding?  If it is, then do them a favor and don't invite them at all.

You came on this board by stating that you were aware of etiquette practices, but that you disagreed with them, and do not intend to follow them.  I belong to several ladies' clubs.  How do you think I would have been received if I had walked into the first meeting and announced, "I know about your rules and practices, but I think they are wrong!"?  Not very nice, is it?  This is what you did, OP.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • In addition to what PPs have said, I think you will receive a lot less RSVPs and be forced to make a lot more follow-up phone calls if you don't put stamps on your envelopes. Personally, I don't have stamps at my house. The only time I need them are for mailing things at work, where we have stamps. If there was no stamp on an RSVP envelope, I would probably just call/text, but considering not even everyone RSVPs when IT is convenient for them, I think most of your guests are going to let that RSVP card sit around at their house until they remember to go buy a stamp (which could likely be never).
    A million times this.