Wedding Woes

Finally Friday

Good morning, WW!  What's on tap for the weekend?

I thought this week would never end. It still isn't over for me, since I found out I'm working again tomorrow, but hopefully it's just a couple of hours in the morning. If I can swing the morning shift, I have grand plans to spend the rest of the weekend mulching and weeding the flower beds, turning the soil over in the veggie garden, and digging post holes for the little fence to go around it.  If not, I guess that will have to wait another week.

Yesterday was so bad, I had grits, wine, and chocolate cake for dinner.  I have a raging migraine this morning, so it wasn't my brightest series of choices.  But I needed the comfort food, and my outlook has nevertheless improved greatly.

Today is better, partly because I kinda sorta fixed my SANFU from yesterday, partly because it's the last day in the quarter, and mostly because I've been here an hour, have received zero lectures, and am 25% through the workday.  Also, I really enjoy driving in the rain.  It's very relaxing, especially on my low-traffic commute.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
--Philip Pullman

charlotte989875sparklepants41kimmiinthemittenshort+sassyNiceKindaSpice

Re: Finally Friday

• Sounds like a great dinner @atomicblonde, sorry you're experiencing a migraine as a result. I would make similar choices. 

Nothing too exciting this weekend. Giving a community lecture on the court system tomorrow morning, then prepping for my conference next week. It's cool and raining here, too. 

I'm definitely coming down with a cold so I'm taking it easy. 
  • Hello!
    @atomicblonde red wine and chocolate cake is one of my all-time favorite combinations. Sorry about your headache. 

We are supposed to get a Nor'easter tonight/tomorrow - but I have a feeling it's going to end up being like the last "storm" we had - all hype and no real accumulation. 

I have a hair appointment tomorrow and then I have to go over to Benjamin Moore to get the two samples of paint (VOC-free, don't worry) for the nursery that I am trying to decide between. Other than that, I think we are going to track down Rogue One on DVD so we can finally watch it.
    MissKittyDangerNiceKindaSpice
  • I have to work Saturday.  

DH wants to work on some projects, I guess.  I'm not sure what that entails though. 

I think FIL is picking up the kiddo tonight, but it's not clear if he'll take DefConn.

• My pros are in!  I'm so excited, I'll create another thread to AW them in:).  There's at least 3000 in the DropBox account that I haven't even touched yet.

Today we have what my office calls a 5:01 meeting at a local bar for a guy who is leaving.  I'm getting my hair did at 3:30 so hopefully traffic back isn't too bad.

Tomorrow is another declutter day.  H and I spent 3 hours getting rid of stuff from the kitchen last weekend so I want to do a room a weekend.  We're borderline hoarders.  That night a big group of us is going out for dinner and drinks for a friends birthday and then Sunday is packing for Chicago.  And laundry if I want to wear clothes while I'm there.

MissKittyDangershort+sassyNiceKindaSpice
  • @atomicblonde  boo migraine :( but yay comfort food at least :)

@charlotte989875  Seems like a lot of people are getting a cold lately. Go rest

Not much last night. It was so nice out I left my coat in the car while M and I did groceries. Which sucks because between today and tomorrow we're suppose to get more snow :'(

We were going to BBQ tomorrow, but since weather suppose to still suck we're just going to do it Sunday when it's nicer out. At least this is last of sucky weather and spring can finally happen :)

Saturday I have to record a youtube video, but otherwise I'm likely just relaxing. I hurt my back this week and idk how.

Sunday the Juno Awards {basically Canadian music awards} is happening in my city :) My friend has tickets and she asked me to do her makeup, so she's coming over beforehand.

Otherwise not much. M is still sick so we'll see how much I wanna do ends up getting done.
    He has phone calls today and an in-person interview on Monday with staffing agencies.
  • After an anxious day yesterday (they all woke up to an email that the boss of their entire department had been fired. No warning.), we went to a big clearance sale thing in Dubai. It was INSANE! Our mate was a total grumpalump until he found the monitor he's been lusting after and couldn't find in this country. I bought 2 pairs of shoes for about 70$. So I would call it a success. :)
    mrsconn23short+sassysparklepants41
  • OH! Side note .... clipped Angel's nails again. Dear gawd I'm irked with that cat.
    Almost had to make a vet appt because one of the damn nails had started to curl and was in the pad.

Luckily M - who was doing to clipping while I held him - saw it wasn't too far in and could possibly get it out. We got it. Now we're keeping an eye on it so no infection.
    We had no idea! It's not the claw I usually have to watch {he has an extra claw on all paws fyi} and he wasn't favouring it or acting as if it hurt. Just was cranky because he wanted to be let go and hates his paws being touched.
  • I have a massage at 5:30 tomorrow. I desperately need it. Basically the only parts of my body that don't hurt are my calves, arms, and stomach. It's a new place not far from the house that has an intro offer of $40 for an hour. Carrying 50 pounds of baby and baby paraphernalia is really taking it's toll on my body.

Other than that, H is working in the morning. We'll probably hit up Home Depot for some mulch and ceiling fans and hopefully get started on getting his house ready for sale.

@kvruns night before last Norah didn't wake up until 3:15. I, however, woke up at 1:47 and stayed awake until she finally woke up. Momming ain't easy.
    MissKittyDangershort+sassyNiceKindaSpice
  • @DrillSergeantCat I used to do that a lot, because I'd wake up 30-60 min before his normal time and I'd not be able to fall asleep thinking he would wake up soon. Then finally I got to wear I could sleep until he woke me up. He had a bad sleep regression over the weekend so I think I can't sleep since I'm still stuck on that but hopefully if he goes back to sleeping through the night I can sleep too!

enjoy the massage, I'm jealous
  • @6fsn, have a fun birthday party.  Who doesn't love rainbows?
    @misskittydanger, it's so odd to me to hear about snow.  I have a friend in Canada who posted about throwing a snow ball yesterday on FB, and while Chicago SHOULD have had snow and still should have it - we oddly enough don't.  So to even imagine snow elsewhere is weird!

Tonight I'm getting my taxes done.  I want that out of the way, so it'll be a nice relief.  Tomorrow I'm sending my wedding dress to a online cleaning/preservation company (it's the same cost as going to a store) and getting my rings appraised so I can ensure them.  That's about it.

Today I started doing herbalife shakes for breakfast.  It is NOT going to last me till lunch.  Any ideas of what to put in a blended shake to curb hunger?

• @CharmedPam  tbh it's not odd for us to have snow at this point. it's weird to hear about sitting on patios though lol! M's aunt and uncle live in b.c and they have beautiful weather now! Patio weather lol
  • edited March 2017
    @CharmedPam I am not familiar with the Herbalife program but I loooove making smoothies. I would fill my blender with leafs and 2cups water, blend, then add fruits and veggies, and blend again. I would add whey sometimes and I have heard of people adding protein powder. Avocados, bananas, peanut butter, apples (not my favorite), really anything that helps make the smoothie creamy helps it feel more filling to me. 

Eta: @VarunaTT BCBC sounds more fun to me too. :)
    short+sassyMissKittyDanger
  • @CharmedPam I am not familiar with the Herbalife program but I loooove making smoothies. I would fill my blender with leafs and 2cups water, blend, then add fruits and veggies, and blend again. I would add whey sometimes and I have heard of people adding protein powder. Avocados, bananas, peanut butter, apples (not my favorite), really anything that helps make the smoothie creamy helps it feel more filling to me. 

yeah, herbalife is almost like a whey protein powder, but for weight loss.  I think I'll buy some bananas this weekend, and chop 'em up and freeze them.  What about wheat germ?  Does that satisfy hunger?  flax seed? chia....?

• @CharmedPam I am not familiar with the Herbalife program but I loooove making smoothies. I would fill my blender with leafs and 2cups water, blend, then add fruits and veggies, and blend again. I would add whey sometimes and I have heard of people adding protein powder. Avocados, bananas, peanut butter, apples (not my favorite), really anything that helps make the smoothie creamy helps it feel more filling to me. 
    I usually add plain greek yogurt to my smoothies. I'll add something sweet, like pineapple chunks, to kinda balance out the flavor, but that keeps me full for a while. Sometimes I will add a tablespoon of chia seeds, but I often can't get the texture smooth enough (it can get gummy) to not make me gag. TMI, I know, but it's high in fiber which is very filling (at least for me).

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• H and I went to MoTown last night and loved it. The kid that played Micheal Jackson was fantastic. There were two bad things though. The person in front of me was tall and had high hair so I practically had to sit in H's lap to see the stage. Also the person behind H sand every.single.song! I understand humming or seat dancing but seriously sing every song in a loud voice. When she wasn't singing she and her friend were talking.  But the show was great.

Today back to spin class for the first time in over a week. Tomorrow heading out to see DS2 for the day. We haven't visited since he moved in October due to his social calendar LOL.
  • edited March 2017
    @CharmedPam I am not familiar with the Herbalife program but I loooove making smoothies. I would fill my blender with leafs and 2cups water, blend, then add fruits and veggies, and blend again. I would add whey sometimes and I have heard of people adding protein powder. Avocados, bananas, peanut butter, apples (not my favorite), really anything that helps make the smoothie creamy helps it feel more filling to me. 

yeah, herbalife is almost like a whey protein powder, but for weight loss.  I think I'll buy some bananas this weekend, and chop 'em up and freeze them.  What about wheat germ?  Does that satisfy hunger?  flax seed? chia....?
    Do you include leafy greens, those were the base of my smoothies and they are quite filling.

edited: filling not feeling
  • @atomicblonde, add some shrimp to those grits and now we're talkin'!

@sparklepants41, I remember a paint store commercial a few years ago.  It had an obviously pregnant woman with her H and they were looking at paint samples.  Having a hard time deciding.  At one point, she touches her belly and she and her H share an intimate smile.  You think they're shopping for the baby's nursery.  The next scene, they are cheering at a football game with their faces painted the colors they were looking at, lol.  (There was fine print not to use house paint on your face)

@CharmedPam, I've never understood "replacement" shakes for a meal.  It might just be psychological but, for me, a beverage is not a meal and is not filling.  I don't care how much nutrition/fruit/protein is in it.  I need to CHEW on something, lol.

@MissKittyDanger, it's always fun to talk weather with you because we are in such drastically different climates.  We've been using our a/c, in the house and car, most days for the last month.  In another month or so, it won't be "patio" weather anymore...because it will be WAY too hot and humid to be outside, lol.

Fridays are my half day and I'm getting my hair colored after work.  I'm extra excited that it is a mystery shop.  I'd be getting this service from this exact same place anyway, except now I'll be reimbursed back the total cost (about $70).  I'm also required to shop in their store and will be reimbursed up to $20 of my purchase.  I'm normally a cheap-ass "Suave" girl, so it is my rare opportunity to buy high quality shampoo, lol.

I also need to go to the bank.  Paying down my Home Equity Line of Credit by another $800 from rent collected.  Woo hoo!

Grocery shopping also needs to happen at some point.  But I'm not sure if I want to do that today or tomorrow.

Other than that, a mellow weekend.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    kimmiinthemitten
  • @atomicblonde, add some shrimp to those grits and now we're talkin'!

@sparklepants41, I remember a paint store commercial a few years ago.  It had an obviously pregnant woman with her H and they were looking at paint samples.  Having a hard time deciding.  At one point, she touches her belly and she and her H share an intimate smile.  You think they're shopping for the baby's nursery.  The next scene, they are cheering at a football game with their faces painted the colors they were looking at, lol.  (There was fine print not to use house paint on your face)

@CharmedPam, I've never understood "replacement" shakes for a meal.  It might just be psychological but, for me, a beverage is not a meal and is not filling.  I don't care how much nutrition/fruit/protein is in it.  I need to CHEW on something, lol.

@MissKittyDanger, it's always fun to talk weather with you because we are in such drastically different climates.  We've been using our a/c, in the house and car, most days for the last month.  In another month or so, it won't be "patio" weather anymore...because it will be WAY too hot and humid to be outside, lol.

Fridays are my half day and I'm getting my hair colored after work.  I'm extra excited that it is a mystery shop.  I'd be getting this service from this exact same place anyway, except now I'll be reimbursed back the total cost (about $70).  I'm also required to shop in their store and will be reimbursed up to $20 of my purchase.  I'm normally a cheap-ass "Suave" girl, so it is my rare opportunity to buy high quality shampoo, lol.

I also need to go to the bank.  Paying down my Home Equity Line of Credit by another $800 from rent collected.  Woo hoo!

Grocery shopping also needs to happen at some point.  But I'm not sure if I want to do that today or tomorrow.

Other than that, a mellow weekend.

I know. I always said that too! Which is why I could not do shakes for breakfast AND lunch like most plans require.  Most plans are like "have a shake for breakfast and lunch and a sensible dinner".  umm....wait till 5 (at the earliest) to eat?  no thanks.

short+sassycharlotte989875
  • @ILoveBeachMusic I'm short so having someone tall in front of me is always a concern. I always try to get seats on an aisle where the person in front of me would not obstruct just in case although that doesn't always work. 
  • kvruns said:
    @ILoveBeachMusic I'm short so having someone tall in front of me is always a concern. I always try to get seats on an aisle where the person in front of me would not obstruct just in case although that doesn't always work. 
    Even being 6'0 I always find someone 6'0 or taller seated in front of me, blocking my view too.  I'm almost at the point of giving up on theatre.  So much money  spent to strain your neck to see!

• @short+sassy whats the name of the mystery shop company you use
  • @short+sassy  haha! :) glad I could help ;) For reference it does get stupidly hot and humid here too, so I get that feeling. But I'm still on a patio if it's in evening ;) I'm not much of a sun worshiper {*points to self in picture and I'm pale in August*}
    short+sassy
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2017
    kvruns said:
    @short+sassy whats the name of the mystery shop company you use

SEC.  I (think) that stands for Service Evaluation Concepts.  I'm actually shocked I was able to scoop this particular one up.  They're really popular assignments and are rarely available.  At least in my area.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh!  I meant to tell you all.  I think I've been corrupted by this WW group, lol.

I got an e-mail at work with the words "URGENT A/F (rest of subject line)".

Now, before I started hanging out on here,  I would have immediately jumped to A/F standing for Air Freight (because it does).  But no.  Now my first thought was "Urgent As F**k", lol.

Though, really.  Both of those abbreviations are true in this particular case, lmao.  Hence why these items are being air freighted.

I was reading and thought, "SHE GOT AN E-MAIL AT WORK THAT SAID AS F**K?!?!"  :D
    short+sassycharlotte989875sparklepants41ILoveBeachMusic