Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

Good morning WW!!!

It's dreary, rainy, and cold out there.  Blergh.  

I hope the rain stops by tonight.  I don't mind it being cold, but rain always ruins the party.  I've upset DH because my friend and I agreed to meet at a burger place he's been wanting to try.  I'm very 'sorry, not sorry' about it. 

Yesterday was a great day off.  I got a lot done, along with a good workout and a nap.  :D  I also watched Louis CK's new Netflix special and about busted a gut laughing.  I had to stop folding laundry because I couldn't take it. 

Prudie will be up as soon as I can get out of accounting hell.  I have EIGHT accounts at once that need to be resolved.  At least I have a decent accounting person on the phone. 

Re: Thursday

• Options
    Morning!

So normally, I don't like Louis CK (I don't find him funny) but your review has me MAYBE looking into his new special....I dunno though, it'll take a lot for me to change my ways about him.

I have to leave work at 4 for a Dr. appt so I'm at work early.  I am SO TIRED.  I was in the office at the usual time I'd still be sleeping.  *yawn*.

• Options

Woo hoo!  Yesterday, I was able to pick up "used" 4 out of the 5 window a/c units I needed.  Including the "big" one, which are $300-$350 new.  It was a lot of running around, but I saved a few hundred dollars.  Now hopefully none of them will conk out in the near future but it's been my experience that window units are usually reliable and pretty long lasting (knock on wood).

Two of them I bought are less than one year old and two of them are three years old.  All of them were working when I bought them.  Still, it's going to end up being $540 I wasn't expecting to spend.  Maybe less if I can find another small used one within 2-3 days.  My H is going out today to install those four.

Now I'm just looking forward to a more relaxing day today, lol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2017
    @mrsconn23 what burger place?

@charmedpam I don't like him either

i'm working from home because B has a Dr appointment later. I want to watch Netflix but my H is using the login (he watches at work...eye roll). I never get a chance to watch stuff so I'm annoyed I can't do it right now

Have someone coming to my house in a bit because I'm donating some breastmilk to her. I have too much in the freezer and we need space for food. As it turns out I went to school with her husband (like elementary through HS). I'm not sure how I would feel about using someone else's BM, maybe because you don't know anything about them, but I'm ok donating and might again if I need the space. 
  • Options
    Good morning from Chicago! Drove in last night, stopped at two breweries along the way. Weather here is delaying a bunch of flights so I'm thankful for driving even though the roads in Indiana were terrible. 

Two presentations this morning and Hamilton tonight!! I'm just a little excited. 
  • Options
    Good morning from Chicago! Drove in last night, stopped at two breweries along the way. Weather here is delaying a bunch of flights so I'm thankful for driving even though the roads in Indiana were terrible. 

Two presentations this morning and Hamilton tonight!! I'm just a little excited. 
    enjoy!

also - fyi, if you find a portillo's you should go there (although I think it's a suburb franchise......?).  Aside from .54 cent chocolate cake (today only), they have great food!

• Options

So normally, I don't like Louis CK (I don't find him funny) but your review has me MAYBE looking into his new special....I dunno though, it'll take a lot for me to change my ways about him.

He's got such a dark sense of humor, so I can see how he turns people off.  This new special follows the same vein.  So if you aren't a fan of his earlier stuff, you may not like this either. 

Jo Koy also has a new special on Netflix and it was also very funny.  We watched it Saturday night and I was so tired (and a little drunk), but I couldn't stop watching because I wanted to keep laughing. 
  • Options
    edited April 2017

enjoy!

also - fyi, if you find a portillo's you should go there (although I think it's a suburb franchise......?).  Aside from .54 cent chocolate cake (today only), they have great food!
    There are quite a few Portillos in the city. One right downtown in river north. Their chocolate cake is to diiiiiiie for! And of course their Italian beef. #nomnomnom
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    kvruns said:

BRU Burger.  

One either just opened and/or is coming to the westside soon.  I'm going to the one downtown since it's on Mass Ave and close to the Murat. 

• Options
    Aren't productive days off fabulous?  

The dust buster arrived shortly before I had to go to work, but I had enough time to test its power out on one stair. It's both horrifying and satisfying how much dust and hair it picked up. Tomorrow I'm going to spend the day vacuuming my demons.  It's going to be amazing for me, and incredibly unsettling for the dog, who will need to decide whether his desire to be with his humans AT ALL TIMES (especially accompanying us on our extremely steep stairs) outweighs his fear of dirt sucking noise machines.
  • Options

enjoy!

there's one downtown, I think a few blocks west of Michigan Ave toward the south part of Mag Mile. Or at least I think that's where we stayed one time and I remember it was close to the hotel
  • Options
    see how much I go into the city?  I must not pay attention to portillo's (since i can get it in the 'burbs).  I usually try to find unique places I can't eat at here. Like Monk's Pub! OMG MONKS!

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:

BRU Burger.  

One either just opened and/or is coming to the westside soon.  I'm going to the one downtown since it's on Mass Ave and close to the Murat. 

YUMMMMMM
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    @joney I need to hear more about this DustBuster. 

I've been feeling salty for the last few days. I probably owe the steering committee I'm on an apology. 

Bible study and conference calls today. Someone is also coming to HOPEFULLY fix the ice maker. Trays were fine in the winter, but won't cut it for spring sports and summer pool days. 

My parents are taking the kids tomorrow night Dh and I have zero plans. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, looks likes ones on a few miles from where I'm staying!
  • Options
    Good Morning!
    It's our third day of rain here. My commute took 90 minutes this morning. I have one meeting today and I am absolutely dreading it because it's with a Project Manager who is a complete chauvinistic asshole. So I'm channeling my inner Eeyore today. I just want to go home and nap. 
  • Options
    more testing for me today. hopefully they can figure out whats going on, and it will be easy to correct. 
  • Options
    Morning! I'd rather be sleeping because I didn't last night .... also it's raining. Like flood warning amount of rain.

Ended up going for dinner with my mum and her friend and didn't get home until late, so all my plans of cleaning etc didn't happen lol!

M was out and when he got home, I ended up waking up. Good thing I did, I was soaked in sweat. Like fever breaking kind of soaked. I had to change. M thinks it might just be from when I was sick earlier this week but idk.
    Of course, after I woke up I couldn't fall asleep for the life of me so I'm kinda running on fumes today.

M got his e.i cheque plus some back pay, so we've got banking to do tonight.

My only plan is to throw laundry in and take a shower. I planned on finishing "13 Reasons Why" but I think I'll likely crash early.
  • Options
    Joney said:
    Aren't productive days off fabulous?  

The dust buster arrived shortly before I had to go to work, but I had enough time to test its power out on one stair. It's both horrifying and satisfying how much dust and hair it picked up. Tomorrow I'm going to spend the day vacuuming my demons.  It's going to be amazing for me, and incredibly unsettling for the dog, who will need to decide whether his desire to be with his humans AT ALL TIMES (especially accompanying us on our extremely steep stairs) outweighs his fear of dirt sucking noise machines.
    There is nothing you've said about this dust buster I don't love. Bolded are just my faves :')
  • Options
    Mouse was on a tear last night. He's usually not so pissy, but he was tired and wouldn't lay down so every little thing set him off. Slip on a toy - cry, fall down - cry, crawl under the table, try to stand up, can't stand up - cry, refuse to read The Foot Book for the 20th time - cry, refuse to read The Nose Book for the 20th time - cry. Dad walks in - everything is great with the world. WTF kid???

Norah was not fussy, but just not content last night. When 10 rolled around and I thought she was finally asleep I grabbed a shower and cried a bit. Then, I sat on the edge of the tub for a few minutes. It's pretty sad that the only time I have for myself is in the shower, BUT I'm going to a baseball game with some friends tonight and leaving the kids home with dad. I can only assume they'll be on their best behavior for him which makes me not at all bitter.

@kvruns I donated 72 oz of milk to an airman last year. His wife died when their son was just 11 days old. We donated enough milk to last over a year, I think. There are websites you can actually sell your milk on. Apparently, body builders use it.
  • Options
    Mouse was on a tear last night. He's usually not so pissy, but he was tired and wouldn't lay down so every little thing set him off. Slip on a toy - cry, fall down - cry, crawl under the table, try to stand up, can't stand up - cry, refuse to read The Foot Book for the 20th time - cry, refuse to read The Nose Book for the 20th time - cry. Dad walks in - everything is great with the world. WTF kid???
    This is when you side-eye your kid and question if him and your husband are working against you.
  • Options
    Oh! Side note, M comes to bed last night {about 1:30-ish?} and Penny starts singing the song of her people. Down stairs.
    She won't stfu, so I opt to get up and go get her. She doesn't want to come to bed. She wants me to chase her around the table.
    Two rounds of this and I stop and look at her "No, it's bed time. Not play time. I'm not chasing you around the table, I'm going to bed. Come upstairs and come to bed." and walked away.

Needless to say, she stopped and came up .... but dear gawd cat.
  • Options
    This is the most tired I've ever been in my entire life!  We took the night train so I didn't get home until 1am, my phone has been blowing up since 8am, and I'm not entirely sure what time I went to bed ever on Monday or Tuesday night.  Must sleep.  Tomorrow is Opening Day, so no sleep or sobreity then either.  Here's to Saturday/Sunday!

My Chicago faves are all in Streeterville/River North and are Gino's East for 'za, Bavettes for steak, Purple Pig for fun food, and Nacional 27 for empanadas.  There's an amazing falafel place in Bucktown but I don't know what it's called.   Clearly, I'd be broke and round if I lived there for sure!  Although I walked 9 miles on Tuesday alone so maybe that would offset it.  Chicago was a blast, and hanging out in the Field Museum was so cool.  I sent H like 100 snaps of all of the animals.  I wasn't impressed with the caterer though.  I know a few people who worked there and know what their work is like now, so it was shockingly average.
  • Options
    Oh no DSC I hope today is better with the kids. And enjoy your friend time tonight!
     I don't even find showers relaxing usually because I'm afraid he's going to start crying when I'm in there. 
  • Options

@*Barbie*, I hope they figure out what's going on and it is indeed something easy to fix.

@MissKittyDanger, hope you're feeling better!  I hate "running on fumes" days.

@Joney, With the vacuum, our dog will stay in the same room with us, but on the opposite of wherever the vacuum. is.  Her bigger nemesis is the lawn mower.  She never barks, but she'll bark at that.  Yet, she won't come back inside or avoid it.  It's like she is both afraid, but fascinated, by it, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @*barbie* fingers crossed!  I saw MKD asked about blood pressure earlier this week.  I'm low BP so I have passed out before during times of high stress.  I couldn't help but wonder if it could be tied to your migraines too?  Either way, I hope they figure it out soon and you're doing better!
  • Options
    @kvruns I usually don't either, but I knew H was up. He kind of upset me last night. I'm sitting there nursing Norah and he decides he's tired and going to bed. The living room had been hit by Hurricane Harrison, the dog hadn't been outside or been fed, dishes weren't done, but yeah...go to bed. He must have sensed my irritation, though, because he went to the bedroom, got undressed, and then came back to the living room. After I put Norah to bed, I got in the shower. She was moving around so he went to peek at her, used the flashlight on his phone and dropped it on her, waking her up, so I get out of the shower and she's in my bed. GRRRR.
  • Options
    all I can say is "oh honey" @DrillSergeantCat I feel your pain. My H had food poisoning Monday night and then wasn't feeling great the last two days, although he's mad at me for something from therapy on Tuesday so he's been milking it extra hard. So on top of my normal 24/7 baby care (care when he's not in day care) I have been taking care of the dog, cooking, doing dishes, and baby bottles this week - all stuff H normally does. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:

BRU Burger.  

I think there is one in Broad Ripple too.
  • Options
    @*Barbie* Sending good vibes your way in the hopes that you get some answers! Hugs for you!
  • Options
    Today is my Friday.  It has been decided.  Tomorrow, I will do nothing but sleep, read, and I might clean the floors, since weekly moppings are far less effort than full on scrub once every 3 months.

That is all.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman