Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Do I have to invite their kids too???

My fi and I are (trying to) plan a scaled back smaller type wedding.  This is my second wedding and his third.  We are having the ceremony and reception at a local brewery and want to keep the guest list as close to 100 people as possible (we both have large families).  
  My question is do we have to invite the children of our co-workers?  Most of these kids we have either never seen or have only met once before.  We will have children at the wedding that are family, but if we don't invite our co-workers children that would be about 15-20 less people there.

Re: Do I have to invite their kids too???

• Options
    Nope. Totally fine to just invite family kids. 
  • Options
    You absolutely do not have to invite your co-workers' kids. It's perfectly fine to invite kids from your own family and nobody else's. That's what my husband and I did and it wasn't a problem.
  • Options
    Totally fine.

I highly recommend inviting kids in circles.  

Ex: We invited the children of our cousins but not the children of our friends.   It was an easy line to draw.  
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You're fine.  The only people that have to be invited are SO's of guests.  My H and I drew the line at children of family- they were invited, children of friends and coworkers were not.
  • Options
    Absolutely not. You are fine to invite family children and not children of other guests. Make sure to address the invitations so that it is "Bob and Sally Smith" and not "The Smiths".