Chit Chat
Options

Wedding Party

So I have a dilemma that I just want some opinions on. I have 5 bridesmaids and my 2 cousins will be ring bearers. I'm really close to my cousins on my mom's side and would like to include them all in some way. My idea is for my 13 year old mini me cousin to be a Jr. Bridesmaid, my 2 cousins closer to my age be personal attendants, and my 16 year old cousin to be an usher. I just need opinions from other brides because everyone I know says "it's your day" which is fine but I'd like a little more lol. Thanks in advance.

Re: Wedding Party

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    So I have a dilemma that I just want some opinions on. I have 5 bridesmaids and my 2 cousins will be ring bearers. I'm really close to my cousins on my mom's side and would like to include them all in some way. My idea is for my 13 year old mini me cousin to be a Jr. Bridesmaid, my 2 cousins closer to my age be personal attendants, and my 16 year old cousin to be an usher. I just need opinions from other brides because everyone I know says "it's your day" which is fine but I'd like a little more lol. Thanks in advance.
    If you're really close to them make them BMs.  Or see if they'd like to do a reading at your ceremony.  A junior BM is the same as a BM, since the official duties for either is to wear the agreed upon attire, walk down the aisle and smile for photos.  And ditto Addie personal attendant is a paid position.  If someone wanted me to be be an errand girl I'd be more put out than honored.
  • Options
    Why would anyone want to be a servant for the day? 
  • Options
    Okay so everything except my usher is a bad idea.
  • Options
    Okay so everything except my usher is a bad idea.
    You could also ask them to do a reading. 
  • Options
    I don't think I have enough readings. I just want everyone to feel included. But maybe I should just have the 2 boys be ring bearers and ask the other 4? To be ushers of sorts.
  • Options
    I don't think I have enough readings. I just want everyone to feel included. But maybe I should just have the 2 boys be ring bearers and ask the other 4? To be ushers of sorts.
    Or just invite them as guests and include them by making a point of spending time with them? They don't need jobs to know you love them. You could take them out for a cousins lunch the day before maybe?

but asking them be ushers works too!
  • Options
    Inviting guests to your wedding IS honoring them.  This makes them "included".  You don't need to do anything more.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Oh I love the idea of a cousins lunch! Thank you:)
  • Options
    Don't have anyone be "ushers of sorts."  What is "of sorts"? That makes it clear you don't actually need them and are just making up random roles or jobs for them.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I just added that out of habit of saying it alot.
  • Options
    Just invite them as guests. 
  • Options
    Why don't you want them to be bridesmaids?