New York-Hudson Valley

Bear Mountain Inn (Merry-Go-Round Pavilion)

Has anyone had their ceremony, cocktail hour and reception (or was a guest) in the Merry-go-round pavilion? I'm trying to figure out what my guests will do after the ceremony while the staff is putting the chairs back around the tables. I'm thinking of having our sendoff at that point so everyone could go outside and we could take a few photos at the fireplace and then leave and head to the main Inn for a little while. Is that enough time for the chairs to be moved back while we're outside being sent off? The tables and table settings will already be setup before the ceremony. Only the chairs need to be moved. Also we're taking all of our photos (first look, bridal party, family etc) before the ceremony.

Re: Bear Mountain Inn (Merry-Go-Round Pavilion)

• I was a guest at a wedding at Bear Mountain a long time ago. I want to say it was maybe 2003? The couple had their ceremony at the carousel. What stuck out in my mind is that it was loud and not very private. I couldn't hear what was going on during the ceremony, and it wasn't closed off to other people vising the park.

I'm confused about where the chairs are being moved to. Where is the reception?  
  • The reception tables circle around the merry go round. The chairs will be set up on the other side of the room for the ceremony and then moved to the tables afterwards. Our entire wedding will be private. The park closes at 5 and the wedding starts at 6. Years ago they allowed wedding earlier in the day when the park was open.