New York-Long Island
Options

Venue Help!! Fox Hollow vs. Carlyle on the Green

I am having some trouble deciding on a wedding venue. Originally when we started our search I was looking for something more out of the box, with exposed brick, an industrial feel and a lot of green space. I found and fell in love with the foundry in LIC but it is too small for the amount of people we are inviting and way to expensive and impractical. We decided Long Island would be a much better location for us and our guests. We've narrowed it down to two venues:

Fox Hollow the Somerley Room- I love the reception room on site, I think it can be more easily decorated to look like what we had originally set out to find. I also like the fact that there is a hotel right across the parking lot. We are having a ceremony on-site so we wouldn't have to get limos which saves money. The menu seems fantastic, has everything we want in terms of food and is what we think to be an affordable price. I do not like that it is right off the road and there seems to be limited green space for pictures. The cocktail hour room seems a little dark and small and the overall hospitality of the workers seems to be lacking a smidge.

Carlyle on the Green- I love the ride in, so much green, places to take pictures, the ceremony space and the cocktail hour space. I love the bar room and do like the reception space but it is a bit more traditional then we were thinking. I am not a fan of the entry and the hallway for that same reason. The food has great reviews and we like the menu however we do feel we are getting a little more included at fox hollow, but the way they present everything is adorable. I feel like that give good attention to detail, I love everybody we've meet there so far and it seems that they will ease as much stress from the planning process as possible and it is only one event per day. However it is going to cost us almost 6k more. That's a tough pill to swallow.

If they were the same price I'd want to go with Carlyle, but I can't help but thinking unless I love every aspect of it, how can I justify spending that much more? Any advice would be a great help! 

Re: Venue Help!! Fox Hollow vs. Carlyle on the Green

• Options
    Super duper late but I was married at Fox Hollow and loved it.  It was five years ago this Feb and guests are still raving about the food, the service, how clean the bathrooms were lol and how nice the hotel was. (The breakfast buffet the next morning is an insane spread- and you don't have to book a separate morning after breakfast!)

I'm a lifelong Queens resident, and it's where H and I fell in love, so we loved the Foundry, but the space rental + the cost of renting everything else was way over our budget :/ 

im sure you're pretty far along in your planning by now- how's it going?