Wedding Woes

Hockey related

@MissKittyDanger - Sens are going DOWN!!! If the Pens play anything like they did last night, it will be a short series. 

I wish MacLean was still your coach, so I could still use this: 
Jess Kluczniks portrait

I don't think the players will be all revenge-y about Methot (cause they seemed reasonable about it was a "hockey play" that just really ended up going badly), but i would expect the media to make a BFD about it. 

Re: Hockey related

• Booo Crosby!!!

We can take you down! ;)
  • Tbh I'm glad Methot wasn't revengey about it. It could have been a career ender.

Although Crosby is gonna be watched like a hawk because of the concussions.
  • yeah, i just wish player safety would get their act together and consistently manage these situations. 
  • They have a lot to crack down on. M was looking up about drugs in the NHL and it's crazy how little they do unless someone is obviously on drugs.
    He watched a game against Rangers and they were skating at crazy speeds and they're passing was so precise.

Found out in hockey it's coke or blood doping
  • @MissKittyDanger
    *insert smack talking* ...oooooh, all tied up and going back to Pittsburgh!!! 
    Do you and M ever go to the games? If you do, I'll let you know when we make our way up for a game, and maybe we can meet up. (We're trying to make it to all of the arenas, eventually. Other than my trip to Montreal last year, we haven't made it to any games in Canada, yet.)
  • Have to say it was exciting watching the game in Pittsburgh last night!
  • Why the hell is it still hockey season?
  • @MissKittyDanger
    Our blowout is bigger than your blowout!
  • edited May 2017
    @*Barbie* it ain't over! ;)

Also M typically goes to games with his mum or stepdad :) If you come up we could meet you near by even if we don't go to that game! We live pretty close :)
  • @MissKittyDanger

you can thank the refs for that one. 
    Why can't Ottawa sell out a conference finals game? That's pretty embarrassing. Pens sell out streak is almost 500 games, now. (regular season + playoffs)
  • @*Barbie* actually they were talking about that on the radio, and going by every other team in the NHL it's not uncommon. It's just more noticeable when it's finals. M's mum and stepdad always have tickets {regular and playoffs} and they said it's normal attendance.

People seem to want to be on Sens Mile/Red Mile {downtown} at the bars. They're packed.
  • @MissKittyDanger - yeah, apparently Roenick got his wrist slapped for saying something about it on air last night. I'm surprised that it's happening in Canada *especially* during the conference finals, but then again the Nordiques and Jets lost their teams for a reason. (Although, apparently Winnipeg is much better now.)

Not putting the Sens down, because they didn't play poorly yesterday or throughout the playoffs, but I do think that they got some help from the refs last night. (Obviously the Pens failed to put the puck in more than once on 46? shots, but they also had the goal disallowed, and the first call in the 5/3 that led to the Sens first goal was nonsense, and inconsistent with how they called the rest of the game.) Call it a conspiracy, but I really do think that the league is meddling - because from a financial perspective, it benefits the league significantly to play another game in Pittsburgh - which will be a sellout and generate more TV money. The Pens will likely win (and I'm thinking will get more calls their way in game 7 than game 6 if they need "help") because once again, it's going to benefit the league in terms of revenue to have a Pens/Preds final rather than a Sens/Preds final - preferably one that goes 6 or 7 games.  

Nashville was our hockey trip this year (other than the stadium series game) - and the atmosphere at their arena was great. The fans were passionate without being assholes, and the game was sold out despite playing the Flyers - a team where there's no rivalry, and not within easy travel distance for away fans. 

Pittsburgh is a small city, but the fan base is massive due to the displaced yinzers. They've sold out every home game for the last ~10+ years, and even away games generate massive crowds. They're the defending champs, so you have a good story line. They have some player history with Nashville as well ( Malkin's BFF Neal, Horny) which plays into the story line as well. You have star power with Carrie Underwood and all of the big name country stars singing in Nashville, and of course Gary Bettman wants nothing more than to shake Crosby's hand again. 
  • @*Barbie* Honestly I'm not surprised, Sens seem to have a lot of issues with refs not doing calls - even when we do bad things!
    {Note: Financial stand point is only reason why the Leafs are still in - fyi}

One thing that pissed a lot of people off, is that they're already advertising Pens vs Nashville in finals when game 6 hadn't even finished! I'll be surprised if Sens make it {I've been pretty shocked they made it this far, they barely made the playoffs} but it's still pretty sucky that there's advertising of their failure.

Yehhhh .... Sens fans weren't thrilled when Fisher left lmao, so it'd be interesting if it was Sens vs Nashville lmao!