Options

Here we go again!

2»

Re: Here we go again!

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

6fsn said:

I'm supposed to do a garage sale this weekend. I started posting shit to a b/s/t site today and have already made $20. I'm kinda want to bail now, but still have SO MUCH STUFF

I definitely think you can change more on a BsT site than a garage sale. But it can be a pain in the butt to sell that way too IMO
  • Options

kvruns said:

6fsn said:

I'm supposed to do a garage sale this weekend. I started posting shit to a b/s/t site today and have already made $20. I'm kinda want to bail now, but still have SO MUCH STUFF

I definitely think you can change more on a BsT site than a garage sale. But it can be a pain in the butt to sell that way too IMO

Absolutely! Dealing with all the messages and trying to meet up with people!
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I've only actually met up with someone once. Most stuff is porch pick up

Sold another $7. Bummer is you can only post 10 things at a time.so I need to wait till tomorrow.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member

6fsn said:

Sold another $7. Bummer is you can only post 10 things at a time.so I need to wait till tomorrow.

I'm all about porch pickup! A few times I've bought something and then the person pulls the "where to meet" thing and I'm all I want to be anti-social and just pick it up from your house, I don't want to actually have to coordinate meeting, let alone interact.

I've just been selling some maternity and baby stuff but I get so annoyed by people who flake on pick up or say they want something then go MIA and then decide they don't actually want it.
  • Options

kvruns said:

6fsn said:

I'm all about porch pickup! A few times I've bought something and then the person pulls the "where to meet" thing and I'm all I want to be anti-social and just pick it up from your house, I don't want to actually have to coordinate meeting, let alone interact.

I've just been selling some maternity and baby stuff but I get so annoyed by people who flake on pick up or say they want something then go MIA and then decide they don't actually want it.

I don't trust people enough for that. How do you get your money?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @DrillSergeantCat in never selling anything for more than $10 or so. If they steal it so be it. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member

6fsn said:

@DrillSergeantCat in never selling anything for more than $10 or so. If they steal it so be it. 

Ditto. I see some people list porch pick up for items that are like $50-100 or more and I think that is crazy. I never sell anything where if I didn't get the $$ it would be a big deal. I mean at some point half this stuff will probably go to Goodwill. 

The most I've ever sold was $17 worth of maternity clothes. Usually my stuff has been more in the $5 range. The most expensive I've bought is $15 a few times I think. 
  • Options

kvruns said:

6fsn said:

I don't trust people enough for that. How do you get your money?

I was thinking the same thing!

6fsn said:

Hahahahaha...not in my city.  You can guar-on-tee it will get stolen, though not necessarily from the person picking it up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy belated Mother's Day, everyone!

@kvruns, that picture of your Dad and Baby B is adorable! 

@NiceKindaSpice, your dress is stunning! You're going to look gorgeous!

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    @lyndausvi DH friend sounds like a peach 
  • Options

kvruns said:

@lyndausvi DH friend sounds like a peach 

I honestly think he is really that desperate to get out of his current job and off the island.  He has been looking for over a year now.    Since we are not actually unhappy here, he feels like his feelings should trump ours.    

Funny thing it's out of all of our control at this time.  DH's tasting is today.  2 others were last week.   It's up to the club to decide who they want.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated.