Wedding Woes
Options

Welcome back Mr Winter

lyndausvilyndausvi mod
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited May 2017 in Wedding Woes

This is what I woke up to this morning.

Needless to say, they will not be golfing today so I'm off work.    Now I have to figure out what I should do all day.   Hiking is out.      My niece is coming to live with us for 2 months.  She is going to work at the club also.  I guess I should start getting ready for that.  Her room is my closet :neutral:

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Welcome back Mr Winter

• Options
    And it's 80 degrees in Ohio at 10am. Good luck with the snow. At least it's pretty?
  • Options
    It's really pretty.  And more to come.    Poor trees though.  The snow is so heavy a few have already fallen.  Branches are hanging pretty low.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875  it feels like 86F in Ottawa today. I think summer is starting ....

@lyndausvi  blegh snow but, it looks lovely.
  • Options
    I was debating on going to grab lunch today, but looks like we have a pretty heavy schedule, so tomorrow it is!

Yesterday I surprised my mum at work. It would have been her 31st anniversary, and even if she was okay I still wanted to show up and be there for her in case.
    I got there super early so I ended up having lunch. Super warm out, and she said it reminded her of her wedding day {hot day, ended up being no wind that day - we had a breeze yesterday at least}

We went to a couple stores, and then M came by after work and we took her for dinner at this buffet she's now in love with.

After dinner, we went to take the chairs we got from my mum's former neighbour but they were super rusted :( Dammit.

Andplusalso I didn't forget to post about our pantry, I just couldn't get it to load to my laptop properly. I'm trying again tonight.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    That is pretty but YUCK snow in late May #nothankyou
  • Options
    Very pretty @lyndausvi. Was it a surprise storm?

DH and I rented a car till Monday. He desperately needs some new clothes so I am taking him to the outlet mall in Dubai. I need some blousey long sleeve shirts for upcoming Ramadan. The "dress code" people talked about before I got here is mostly hype but I hear it is taken more seriously during the holiday so I want to be respectful. All my long sleeve shirts are thermals, sweaters, etc. Regardless, I am a little nervous, I haven't driven in almost 6 months.

• Options
    I'm still recovering from the stem cell treatment. Still sore and stiff, but a lot better than Tuesday.
    I'm in training this morning due to our upcoming ISO audit - I find this a bit sad because for any of the longer time employees that will be participating should know this stuff. 
    I started watching "Anne With an E" on Netflix, yesterday. I'm interested to see how this plays out because they were sticking pretty closely with the book (nearly word-for-word with some of the dialogue) but then they made this drastic change at the end of episode 1. I appreciate that they are sticking to Canadian stereotypes and everyone is "s-or-ry" about everything. 
  • Options
    I'm getting better, but still feel like crap.  I also haven't gotten decent sleep since...Sunday?  I took today off and am one with the couch.  I'm catching up on HBO and Netflix randomness. 
  • Options
    @*Barbie* we're not sorry about everything {*cough*5-1*cough* lol} 
  • Options

yeah, that was pretty abysmal - but there's 4 games left. :-)
  • Options

Very pretty @lyndausvi. Was it a surprise storm?

Not really. They said we might get some snow, the amounts are quite surprising though.   Above 9000 feet they are getting some 30 inches.  Which I can see from my deck.

• Options

*Barbie* said:

yeah, that was pretty abysmal - but there's 4 games left. :-)

My guess is Fleury was tired. It happens. Although the memes were funny ;)

This is true, could still be anyone's game! Last two were pretty close
  • Options
    @lyndausvi yikes! It's currently 88 degrees here in Boston - hopefully that snow, although it is pretty, melts fast!

My Thursday is looking pretty boring here - working on edits to a final draft I will be sending out this afternoon. I'm supposed to go to an event this evening for the professional organization for my field, but I kind of would just rather get the hell out of dodge and go sit on my deck and enjoy the fresh air this evening. 
  • Options
    I have almost no work related items today.

My house finally got listed.

The AC at H's house isn't working and it looks like we'll have to replace the unit. I told H from the beginning when we found out the roof was totaled that he needed to include the carport, patio cover, and window screens because I figured they wouldn't agree to fix the whole roof and that was a way for us not to be out of pocket. My plan was to just have the rear patio cover torn down and leave the carport since it's just cosmetic and only noticeable if you're standing under it. Now he's pissed about the AC unit and that it's going to cost us money. I told him to see if he can have them adjust the claim to include them, so fingers crossed they do and then we can replace the AC without costing us much.
  • Options
    Glad you're feeling somewhat better @*Barbie* & @mrsconn23 Best wishes on your recoveries! 

@lyndausvi It's 75F here in Chicago. I love the winter. I'm jealous of your snow. 

My TK account is giving me so much grief. :tongue: Random forum categories will fail to work and I'll receive errors. I'm glad this one is working. 
    Our holy month of fasting starts sometime at the end of next week and I'm not ready. I need to go get so many groceries. Plus, it's my brother's first one alone and he's asked me to help him shop but he volunteers in the E.R. at night so he's asleep all day. 
  • Options

@MissJeanLouise, thanks for the notice about Ramadan!  I just looked up the dates.  I work with a lot of suppliers in Indonesia and it starts becoming a ghost town of vacations during the last week of it.

85F here in NOLA.  I'm excited that, for once, it isn't the depths of hell here while the rest of the country is enjoying nicer, cooler weather, lol.

Had a small scare at work.  The Big Boss caught me in the hall and said he wanted to talk to me in his office.  Except he was elsewhere on the floor for the next 30 minutes, while I fretted and worried I was going to be reprimanded about something.  Just got that vibe.  But nope, luckily I was wrong.  He just wanted to talk to me about a new mini-project to work on.  Phew!

H and I went out for $10 Fajita Wednesday at a Mexican restaurant we hadn't tried before.  The food was good, we'll go back.  For me, the highlight was my Guava Margarita.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a guava one before.  But I like guavas, so I was game and curious.  It was delicious!!!  Good guava flavor with a nice amount of tart. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Fuck it! I decided to treat myself and close the office.

All hail the burrito bowl!

/random post
  • Options
    @short+sassy  Similar thing happened to me once. My boss called my into her office and I had the worst panic attack I was getting fired {joys of anxiety} Good thing is my boss recognized it, asked what was wrong and I said point blank "Am I getting fired?"
    She laughed and I actually was getting a pay bump lmfao
  • Options
    I made a mistake at work.  It's my fault, I'm going to have to suck it up and apologize.  I'd like to throw someone under the bus, but it doesn't really matter that previous paralegal didn't do their job; I shouldn't have made assumptions.  I like where I'm working; there are some ABYSMAL things here that they do that causes a high turnover that if they'd just fix (and they're easy fixes), crap like what just happened to me, wouldn't happen and their turnover would cease.

I'm glad tomorrow's Friday.  K is working, so I have a 2 page list of "stuff to do" for Pride.  I'm going to have to step down after this, this is stressing me out entirely too much.  IDK, I'm sitting on it for awhile and not making any decisions until after the event itself is passed.

Wine is calling my name.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Getting ready for the garage sale tomorrow. I was worried about rain so I ended up cleaning the garage yesterday. I've made $57 online already. 

Me to dh: did you know we had a croquet set?
    him: nope
    me: good because I sold it for $5. 

No no clue where that thing came from. 

There's a chance of pop up storms today but I'm really hoping not. I want to take 6let to soccer so I can also get in a good walk. 

Tomorrow is garage sale. I've already made more than I expected so anything more is gravy. If someone pisses me off I'll just shut down. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    In laws come into town tomorrow and are staying for the weekend. We've had awesome weather the last 2 weeks and now it looks like rain all weekend while they are here. No idea of anything fun we can do indoors - since it also includes an almost 6 month old. Had some ideas if the weather would have cooperated but it isn't looking that way
  • Options
    @kvruns  yikes! Hopefully the weather gives you guys a break! Any indoor things that are options? {like mini putt?}
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    are those Lularoe leggings really as comfortable as people say? I'm mostly turned off my the crazy patterns, and moreso the parties for selling them, but I saw some on FB Marketplace that are new and a pattern I don't mind for $15.  Is it worth it? 
  • Options

kvruns said:

are those Lularoe leggings really as comfortable as people say? I'm mostly turned off my the crazy patterns, and moreso the parties for selling them, but I saw some on FB Marketplace that are new and a pattern I don't mind for $15.  Is it worth it? 

I've heard mixed reviews.
    Friend of mine sells Anita Claire {similar to Honey&Lace} and apparently they're good.
  • Options

kvruns said:

I have several pair, but I bought them for the patterns. The fit can be weird, they have issues with tearing, and you have to be very careful about how you wash them.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member

kvruns said:

I have several pair, but I bought them for the patterns. The fit can be weird, they have issues with tearing, and you have to be very careful about how you wash them.

That is a No then bc I definitely won't wash them special 
  • Options

kvruns said:

IMO, no. Mainly because, for me, a prerequisite for casual clothes is that they can go in the washer and dryer. LLR leggings can't go in the dryer. womp womp

They are soft though. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
     I just saw the trailer for The Big Bang Theory prequel  Young Sheldon.     I've been pretty disappoint lately with TBBT, but I will definitely give Young Sheldon a try.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I don't do leggings, but have heard Costco has decent ones. 

A tiny bit of good news on the Dh job front- he's getting paid out his accrued vacation days. Still no real word on benefits though. I don't like that I have no clue what our insurance will look like in 2 weeks