New York-Long Island

Applying for marriage license

When applying for your marriage license, does it matter which town hall you go to? Do you have to apply in the town that you're living in or the town that you're getting married in? A friend of mine who is planning a last minute wedding in early November asked me this question. I told her I was unsure, but would get back to her. It's something I never thought about until she asked me.

Re: Applying for marriage license

• You can apply in any county and get married in any county. The only exception is New York City the boroughs have their own rules and requirements.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • How far before the wedding do you need to get it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_applying-for-marriage-license?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:90301747-b5cc-41af-838f-9024484cea63Post:99227ff1-ac30-4ebf-8b4c-4f3f6abb4c63">Re: Applying for marriage license</a>:
    [QUOTE]How far before the wedding do you need to get it?
    Posted by OwningAHome1981[/QUOTE]

<div>You have to get it at least 24 hours before.  </div>
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards