Chit Chat

Mary Kay Pampering Session

i just received an email from a Mary Kay Consultant saying I won a "Indulge Pampering Session" for myself and friends through David's Bridal. I never went shopping or bought anything from David's Bridal, but I guess I could have entered a drawing online. The whole package thing sounds too good to be true. Has anyone went to one of these recently?

Re: Mary Kay Pampering Session

• It's a sales-y thing ... I would pass. 
  • I was magically chosen at each bridal show I attended.  I passed each time.
  • It'll be a sales pitch. Like  sitting through an hour sales pitch for a time share and getting a free towel. Personally, I wouldn't do it. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Don't do it. I just did one on accident. The girl who called me misrepresented herself (said she was from a salon, I had won a free session, it was comped through the place I had done the raffle). It was a scam, and she did the whole spiel and tried to get us to sign up as representatives for Mary Kay. It was a waste of time and I was irritated she pretty much lied to get herself in. Brilliant strategy on her part though. 

• You haven't won anything. The MK Rep is trying to book a sales party with you. She will instruct you and your friends on makeup application and pressure all of you to buy products. 

Shortly after looking at the David's Bridal website and entering contact information, my daughter got a call that her fi won a free tux rental at MW. I told the rep that the wedding was more than a year away. She said, okay, he will win again closer to the date. I think groom's are offered a free tux if their WP rents through MW.

• edited June 2017
    Thanks for the input girls.  I never responded back to her email.
  • Have to agree with some others--personally I would pass, but it's completely your call! It could be fun, but they might pressure you to buy products. Your call :)