Chit Chat

Favourite Restaurant Closing

I'm so sad! Our favourite restaurant is closing. We have celebrated everything important there ... including our wedding. This place was amazing. H and I were tearing up as we left tonight. Full crying as we walked to the car. I don't know if we will ever find a place like it.

Re: Favourite Restaurant Closing

• I'm sorry.  One of my favorite restaurants closed a few years ago and it sucked. And another one of ours is moving or closing down, they haven't decided yet.  =( 

• Boo.  I hate it when we lose a good restaurant

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Aw that stinks! Sorry to hear.  I hate losing a good restaurant.
  • Bummer! Is this the last time, or will you get to go one more time?
  • :(  Ours closed a few years ago.  We had our first date there.  I still miss their pineapple salsa. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2017
    We had a favorite Mexican restaurant in Maryland that sold out fifteen years ago. (I think Abuela died.) Even though we are 2000 miles away in a town where there are many good Mexican restaurants, we still miss the special nachos from Gringada in Beltsville.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

• Bummer! Is this the last time, or will you get to go one more time?

Last time at the restaurant. I have a whole bunch of meals from the restaurant in my fridge and freezer ... :)
  • I'm sorry to hear that, @ernursej!

My H and I sometimes lament that the restaurant we had our first date in closed down.  It was a great restaurant that we enjoyed anyway, but also had that special memory.  I was really hoping he would propose there, but it was gone before that happened.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Every time we find a good Chinese restaurant, they close on us.  I found a new one we like, but it's hard to stay loyal to it.  It's just going to shut down on us too. :(
    I feel like it's me.

• ernursej said:

Bummer! Is this the last time, or will you get to go one more time?

Last time at the restaurant. I have a whole bunch of meals from the restaurant in my fridge and freezer ... :)

That'll help! and good idea too. What kind of place was it?

• That really sucks OP. 

Funny how places can have such a hold on us. My family road-tripped every single year when I was growing up to northern Wisconsin and there were two places we always stopped at... a Burger King north of Milwaukee on the way and a little burger joint on the lake close to Sturgeon Bay coming home. When each of those closed it felt like a door closing on my childhood. Yup, even a BK. 

• ernursej said:

Bummer! Is this the last time, or will you get to go one more time?

That'll help! and good idea too. What kind of place was it?

It was Italian. Handmade pastas and cheeses. Most of the ingredients local. It was as good as the food we had in Italy (if not better).