Wedding Woes

Thursday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited June 2017 in Wedding Woes
Prudie isn't nearly as dramatic as it has been in the last few weeks, but still some good stuff.  ;)

DH had to fire a guy last night and disclosed to me that he was worried because the guy seemed kind of volatile.  The second shift supe was in the meeting with DH.  Thankfully, it turned out to be a lot of jaw-jacking on the fired guy's part ('fuck this', 'fuck that', 'fuck you!'...uh you were sleeping in your car on the clock, dude.) 

I finally got DH around to *not* going to the wedding this weekend.  Whew.  

Other than that, SSDD.  :D 

Re: Thursday

• Good luck Varuna!!! !!!

SSDD 
    lazed about this morning, planned dinner, thawed some chicken, then DH texts that he wants chili. It is 107 degrees out but the man want chili, lol.

So I made that instead. Now we are waiting for a friend to come over with beers. Going riding again tonight. It is my trainer's day off so I will be riding with a different instructor which is always nerve wrecking/ exciting.
    No weekend plans because we are boring. :)
  • I'm on day 6 of this blasted headache. PG woke me up to eat at 4:30 and my sinuses hurt so bad that I couldn't go back to sleep. 

I got all my shoes and yarn packed up last night. It took 3 totes for each. I need to sell off some of my shoes because I can't wear them, but then I worry that I'll need them. I also need to stop buying yarn, but I bought 15 skeins from a yarn BST yesterday because it was sooooo pretty. Also got the babies dressers packed up. I went through 8 totes last night.

H packed up his dresser and nightstand and my baking stuff. I still have to pack my clothes, kids toys, all the pictures and decorations in the house, and the majority of the kitchen. H doesn't understand why I'm packing because, "they can just load it like it is." I guess he doesn't understand that the movers charge by the hour and I'm trying to save money. 
  • Today is turning out to be a lot busier than I expected. A few meetings this morning, plus a client is looking to promote one of our high-profile projects and is looking for my advice on how to do so (very flattering, but also quite nerve-wracking at the same time).

My boss is out today and tomorrow - and two of the junior people in my department are also out tomorrow, which will just leave me and a colleague who is slightly junior to me in the office tomorrow. He has been slacking off A LOT lately, and is trying to take tomorrow off. I have a sneaking suspicion he will be "out sick" tomorrow, which, if that's the case, will piss me off to no avail because I have been picking up his slack, while juggling my own packed workload, and making a human for months. Arrrghhh. 
  • Add the signature @VarunaTT. 10pm text messages are not cool. 

H is bugging me. My hand hurts (I also think it's getting infected which is gross) and every time he asks that's what I tell him and he acts like it's a big inconvenience to do something for me. But then he's like "well it's a really deep cut you have to give it time to heal and take it easy". Dude, which one is it? Am I baby that should be doing these things myself or should I be taking it easy? We're spending too much time together both working at home. 

Im doing some work stuff, applying for more jobs and prepping for my interview. From downstairs while he works in the upstairs office. 
  • Varuna - I hope all goes well this weekend!

Last night H & I got home around the same time since he had a dentist appointment.  So I cooked dinner while he fed DD.  I grilled some chicken thighs and pineapple rings with teriyaki sauce.  I also boiled some noodles and added the teriyaki to that too.  Dinner was so delicious!  I literally didn't know what I was making when I opened the fridge, but it came together well!

I went out to yoga and came back to a nice quiet house since DD was asleep by then.  H & I folded ALL of her clothes (which had a huge amount of the next size up - so it was triple the usual for her stuff).  We then went to sleep when DD woke up a little before 1, she had completely soaked through her diaper, which is very unusual.  So I changed the sheets, while H fed her.  She then thankfully slept until our alarm this morning.

Tonight is H doing the lawn and then us going out for some dinner.  There is a fundraiser for our local Knights of Columbus group, so that's where we will head tonight.  I just hope it isn't crazy busy by the time we get there.

• I'm the same way with shoes @DrillSergeantCat, I have a pair of royal blue BCBG pumps that I've maybe worn once that I move every time because I think I'll wear them again. I just can't part with them yet. 
  • I think my phone is fucked up. I had it plugged in all night and apparently it died.
    Wtf.
    I knew there was something weird when I checked it after I plugged it in, but didn't think it'd be like that. I think I'm gonna look into when my contract is over before seeing if it can be fixed.

Did some cleaning last night. Got the downstairs bathroom cleaned, main level vacuumed and upstairs vacuumed a bit. Enough to pick up the dust bunnies that the fan created.

Tonight I'm hoping to clear up some weeds in the garden around my bleeding hearts and trim the tree beside the back door. We're probably going to get rid of it, but until we decide what to do, it needs trimming.

Also I may see what I can do to the office. I don't wanna hang clothes in the basement, too damp. Couple days hung there, and few things still felt damp :\
    Currently they're hung in what will one day be the kid's room - so need to figure out office or bedroom.

I posted an outfit last night on instagram and this morning I woke up to 41 likes! WTF lol! I think it's a mix of the hashtags and timing. It seems if I post something with good hashtags either early in the day or later in evening, it gets more notice.

• I think my phone is fucked up. I had it plugged in all night and apparently it died.
    Wtf.
    I knew there was something weird when I checked it after I plugged it in, but didn't think it'd be like that. I think I'm gonna look into when my contract is over before seeing if it can be fixed.

What kind of phone is it?  My iPad will sometimes do that (I plug it in and it says 'not charging').  Restarting it seems to fix the issue. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sitting at gymnastics this am. These girls are amazing. I hope m2 never gets that good though. I don't want to homeschool. 

Going to my folks tonight so I can see the venue for their 50th party. 

• mrsconn23 said:

I think my phone is fucked up. I had it plugged in all night and apparently it died.
    Wtf.

What kind of phone is it?  My iPad will sometimes do that (I plug it in and it says 'not charging').  Restarting it seems to fix the issue. 

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua - it isn't the newest version, and I briefly had issues in the winter where it couldn't keep a charge but after an update that cleared up. Idk it's weird :\

• mrsconn23 said:

I think my phone is fucked up. I had it plugged in all night and apparently it died.
    Wtf.

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua - it isn't the newest version, and I briefly had issues in the winter where it couldn't keep a charge but after an update that cleared up. Idk it's weird :\

Ugh, boo.  Maybe try a new charging cord or plug?   
  • SSDD.

I did get a restaurant coupon for our favorite Chinese place tonight.  I may or may not be ordering food in my head as we speak.

• That work stuff that I thought was coming back to me?  It's baaaaa-aaack. Sigh.

My mom texted to say that my dad and his wife invited her to have dinner with them and FSIL's parents the night before the wedding, and she wanted to know if she could blow it off.  Personally, I'd suck it up and go.  But that wasn't the question she asked, so I told her I didn't think she had to go.  "I think you already have plans with Aunt that night? ;)"  WDWWT, just out of curiosity?

• mrsconn23 said:

mrsconn23 said:

Wtf.

I thought it was the cord or plug, but no ... it's my phone :( M's phone needed charging and had no issues.

M thinks it's the battery, so we're gonna see how well it holds a charge today after I fully charged it at work {thank gawd for extra chargers!}

• mrsconn23 said:

mrsconn23 said:

Wtf.

I thought it was the cord or plug, but no ... it's my phone :( M's phone needed charging and had no issues.

M thinks it's the battery, so we're gonna see how well it holds a charge today after I fully charged it at work {thank gawd for extra chargers!}

Batteries can be pretty cheap. Check Amazon.  I bought replacements for DH and the kiddo's Note4's for about $15. 
  • I was so ready for today to come. Yesterday kind of sucked. 

Today I am going to the gym, lunch with a friend, and then maybe a concert with SO's siblings. I have to see if there are any tickets left for the concert first. I'm still lying in bed trying to get motivated to do something. This is the first day I've had nothing to really do in awhile. 

• Heffa - I would suck it up and go if I were your mom.  But I think a lot would depend on your parent's backstory.  Was it an amicable divorce or contentious, etc?
  • @charlotte989875 I hope your hand feels better!!!

@VarunaTT another vote for adding that signature! Expecting an immediate response outside of normal work hours is so ridiculous!
  • FW quit her work-study job. Out of nowhere, via e-mail. It shouldn't screw up her financial aid and we're fine financially with my job and her benefits, plus rent from Housemate, but I'm still mildly irritated with her for doing that. Compounded with the fact that she's taking a three-week vacation in August, I'm extremely envious of her. Oh well, we'll just have to take a day trip on the days that she's not in class next week.

@VarunaTT, hang in there! Best of luck with Pride!

• FW quit her work-study job. Out of nowhere, via e-mail. It shouldn't screw up her financial aid and we're fine financially with my job and her benefits, plus rent from Housemate, but I'm still mildly irritated with her for doing that. Compounded with the fact that she's taking a three-week vacation in August, I'm extremely envious of her. Oh well, we'll just have to take a day trip on the days that she's not in class next week.

Why did she quit?

Why did she quit?

I don't think she's entirely sure why she did it. Her erstwhile boss seemed really nice, and the job itself seemed low-stress (unlike mine). But she has depression, anxiety, and PTSD, and she's had trouble keeping jobs ever since she was discharged from the Army. She gets Social Security and disability through the VA, but she really needs to get better mental health help than she's getting.

• levioosa said:

I was so ready for today to come. Yesterday kind of sucked. 

Today I am going to the gym, lunch with a friend, and then maybe a concert with SO's siblings. I have to see if there are any tickets left for the concert first. I'm still lying in bed trying to get motivated to do something. This is the first day I've had nothing to really do in awhile. 

That's great!  Between your new job and school, I know your scheduled as been really hectic.

@VarunaTT, speaking of hectic, have a great Pride weekend!  Hopefully you can start taking it a little easier, once its over.

I'm with a lot of you.  So ready for this week to be over.  It has been so stressful with all my car drama.  I'm mentally and physically exhausted.  Today, I've had a headache since I woke up.  Just to add to the "feeling crappy" party.  I do still have to work tomorrow, but Fridays are my half day at least.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Why did she quit?

I don't think she's entirely sure why she did it. Her erstwhile boss seemed really nice, and the job itself seemed low-stress (unlike mine). But she has depression, anxiety, and PTSD, and she's had trouble keeping jobs ever since she was discharged from the Army. She gets Social Security and disability through the VA, but she really needs to get better mental health help than she's getting.

That's too bad, hopefully this might help her move in that direction of getting better help. Good luck!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

FW quit her work-study job. Out of nowhere, via e-mail. It shouldn't screw up her financial aid and we're fine financially with my job and her benefits, plus rent from Housemate, but I'm still mildly irritated with her for doing that. Compounded with the fact that she's taking a three-week vacation in August, I'm extremely envious of her. Oh well, we'll just have to take a day trip on the days that she's not in class next week.

Why did she quit?

is she planning to use her degree for a job? 
  • Today is my Friday which is a yay-boo!    Yay because, long weekend.  Boo because I have a ton of shit to finish for work, MIL is coming over at 5 for a Rosie-overview, then our local democratic club meeting is tonight and I really wan to go.  And I still have to pack.  Oh and I have a light cold and H's grandfather is 95.

@varunatt Kick ass this weekend.

@Heffalump I'm inclined to suggest your mom attend as well.  H and I both come from divorced parents, mine had angst for 20 years, his still do.  It's hard for H to have to worry about celebrating things with his whole family.

• kvruns said:

FW quit her work-study job. Out of nowhere, via e-mail. It shouldn't screw up her financial aid and we're fine financially with my job and her benefits, plus rent from Housemate, but I'm still mildly irritated with her for doing that. Compounded with the fact that she's taking a three-week vacation in August, I'm extremely envious of her. Oh well, we'll just have to take a day trip on the days that she's not in class next week.

Why did she quit?

is she planning to use her degree for a job? 

Yes, she plans to go to an Episcopal seminary after her bachelor's.
  • @lyndausvi I wouldn't have held back and when talking about the old ladies in their 60s, I'd respond with "Well, it's only a 4 mile hike!", in a very chipper tone!