Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

2»

Re: Monday

• Options
    Urgg ..... so month one of TTC and off bc .... I think my body is going through stuff rougher than typical because I swear I feel like I've been punched in the boobs every so often and slight cramps.
    TMI - I tracked and ovulation times are coming, but later this week. So I think it's just early.
    I was telling M how I was feeling, and had to be like "yeh even if I am pregnant I wouldn't know right now but omfg .... I am not use to this minus birth control!"
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2017

@kwiksilver, ugh!  Moves are hard enough without an ER visit!  Hope you are feeling better soon.

@mrsconn23, the new 'do looks great!  I love that color.

@charlotte989875, look at those cute fur babies!  I'm sure they're just trying to "help", lol. 

@DrillSergeantCat, I had the top layer of one of my corneas dry up and slough off during a trip to Tahoe a few years ago.  It was extremely uncomfortable. Nothing like having to visit a doctor during a 4-day trip (sigh).  But the eye doctor gave me eye drops that immediately soothed and helped protect my eye during the two weeks or so it would take for that layer to grow back.  Good luck with it!

@CMGragain, congrats on your two nieces and their engagements!

@MissKittyDanger, baby raccoons are ridiculously cute!  But raccoons are pretty smart and, if God forbid, they got into your house...they are fuzzy wrecking balls.  If it were me, I'd call animal control or a pest service and have them removed from near your house.

@NiceKindaSpice, I'm glad your dholak went well!  Sounds like a fun event.

The weekend was nice.  On Saturday, I had a local real estate investor take me out to dinner.  In the course of the conversation, it turns out he needs some help with his biz.  He's not in a place yet where he can afford to hire someone full-time...or at least at the kind of money I deserve to make...but he and I are going to speak further sometime this week about my H and/or I doing some "ad hoc" work for him.  I'm hoping things work out.  Not only would the extra money be nice, but this guy is substantially more experienced in real estate than myself and I'd love to soak up all his knowledge.

Sunday was my H's birthday.  We're not big "celebration" people in our house.  I bought a chocolate cake at Costco.  We were going to go out to dinner at the restaurant of his choice, but he didn't feel like going last night so it is a rain check for another day.

Today, I had my eviction hearing.  Wow,  super efficient and lickety-split.  There were 3-4 cases before mine.  For all of those, including mine, the tenant was a no-show.  The judge asks each plaintiff two yes/no questions (have you accepted money since filing/is the defendant delinquent).  Assuming the answers are no and yes, respectively.  Judge declares "Judgment Absolute".  Done.  Each case wasn't any longer than a minute or two.

The (now) evicted tenant called us last night.  He said he'd be out of the unit today by noon and that it looks great.  I hope both of those statements are true but, we'll see.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy  Raccoons are pretty common in the area, and we're keeping an eye on the yard. By next year we're gonna make sure they go because we're redoing the stones.
  • Options

@short+sassy  Raccoons are pretty common in the area, and we're keeping an eye on the yard. By next year we're gonna make sure they go because we're redoing the stones.

@MissKittyDanger - I'd recommend getting rid of the raccoons, too. Between rabies and the chance of them getting into the house or wreaking havoc on your property, it would be safer to relocate them ASAP. 
  • Options
    Yay for new hair! And successful pre-wedding events! Boo to ER visits. 

Today my mom is coming over and I think we'll probably go to lunch. I hope the vet calls. Jack needs a check up and to start treatment for the giardia. He's doing so much better. He almost isn't messy anymore when he eats. And he's running and hopping which is miles beyond where he was. 

On Saturday I went to SO's brother's FI wife's bridal shower (I almost forget, they got married at the courthouse two weeks ago). Man. So boring. No music. 85 degrees in the host's house (to be fair it was 108 outside and our air was on all day and still was at 79 in our house). No one was talking when we arrived. I tried to break the ice by asking how everyone knew the bride. It kind of worked.  At least people were talking after that. I dressed like I would for any  other bridal shower and apparently that was overdressed. Then the MOH started telling me and SO's sister about all the people who died in her family and how everything added up to 8. It was an odd shower. But the "bride" seemed like she had a really good time. It was so long. We were almost there for four hours. My face hurt by the time we left from averting my RBF. 

Yesterday SO and I had a chill day. Besides picking up the house a little all we really did was watch netflix. I think we needed it. 

• Options
    Raccoons? No. Just no. They have diseases, they're dangerous, and while they do have cute masked faces, they're wild animals. No. 
  • Options

Raccoons? No. Just no. They have diseases, they're dangerous, and while they do have cute masked faces, they're wild animals. No. 

not to mention feces, and associated diseases. 
    Canada requires hazardous waste disposal for raccoon feces - and it's not easy to find or cheap. (Yes, there's a story.)
  • Options

*Barbie* said:

not to mention feces, and associated diseases. 
    Canada requires hazardous waste disposal for raccoon feces - and it's not easy to find or cheap. (Yes, there's a story.)

Do tell! lol
  • Options
    a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
    (~8-9 years ago, when i lived in PA) 
    I managed procurement for a chemical/manufacturing plant in Toronto (among many other things). My boss at the time worked at said plant, and was a complete terror. One day she calls me with an assignment to deal with some raccoons that had made their home on top on one of our holding tanks. 

Me: "so we need an exterminator or an animal control person?"
    Boss: "no, we already had them removed"
    Me: "ok.... so what's the issue?"
    Boss: "well, they had been living up there for a while, so there's a lot of... um... feces. We're estimating around 100lbs."
    Me: "Ok, so we need someone to get up on top of the tank and clean up? Why can't maintenance do it? Get a shovel and a power washer."
    Boss: "Because it's considered hazardous waste, so needs to be professionally dealt with."

...lovely...

so here I am, cold calling people in Toronto, from a Philadelphia number asking them to come clean up 100 lbs of raccoon poop from the top of a chemical holding tank - and by the way, they need to be certified to work onsite and to be working at heights exceeding 20 feet. 

you can imagine how well that went over. most people thought i was prank calling and just hung up on me. 

• Options
    @*barbie* I did not know that about the haz waste.  But inquiring minds want to know - how much was it to clean up 100 lbs of poop? lol

• Options
    @*barbie* 100 pounds!  :o Disgusting. 
  • Options
    i think the final bill was something like $25-30K
  • Options

*Barbie* said:

i think the final bill was something like $25-30K

Holy crap! That's a shit ton of money to clean up raccoon poop!