Attire & Accessories Forum

I fixed our ties!

There was a screwup with Men's warehouse. When we picked our color ties, they didn't actually have the swatch in the store, we were going by the co-ordinating vest color which was the perfect shade of blue. No one told us the "matching" tie for the set was actually black. Big deal? no. Annoying? yes. Everyone said to let it go, and I thought - I have some time before the wedding, I'm not going to cry or get mad, but I'm not going to sit here and let it go and do nothing either. I'm going to fix this.

Found the exact color tie we wanted at Macy's at half off on July 4th and gave to all the groomsmen as a gift. Wedding was this weekend.  Now I am getting the pictures back from our guests and the ties look awesome and match the things they were supposed to match. Everything tied together (get it? TIED) Groomsmen loved them because the color looked good on everyone, and I feel super accomplished at how well I handled it and the very positive outcome. Yay!

Re: I fixed our ties!

• MobKaz said:

Congrats on the successful tie fix and your wedding.

I am hoping you gifted your GM something more than those ties since that really wasn't a gift at all.

Yes, the groomsmen all got personalized gifts we had already purchased for them, this was just an extra gift on top of the others. 
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Always nice when you find the thing you are looking for on sale!