Wedding Woes
Options

Wonderful Wednesday

Re: Wonderful Wednesday

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    @Heffalump, I just got an ad when scrolling on FB for $10 3-wick Leaves candles at Bath and Body Works.  I'm tempted and creeped out at the same time. 

::I always feel like somebody's watching meeeeeeeeeeee:: 
    I do not need anything from B&BW. I do not need anything from B&BW .....
    Counterpoint, Leaves is the best scent and will get you in the mood for fall, boots, bonfires, and spiked apple cider.  ;) 
    Enabler ;)

Also .... there's soap on sale. I could get a side gifts for xmas :| Plus there's 2 candles {sweater weather and flannel} I could get my mum as part of xmas ....

DAMMIT
  • Options

So I just wrote a novel and TK ate it :(

Hugs to those who need it, vibes to those who need it, and BCBC for all!

Today is yoga.  We are also having another food truck today.  Its the Walhburgers food truck.  Maybe they will be filming today?  Do they still make that show?  I never watched it!

• Options

Today is yoga.  We are also having another food truck today.  Its the Walhburgers food truck.  Maybe they will be filming today?  Do they still make that show?  I never watched it!

I've never had their food truck, but thoroughly enjoyed their turkey burger (it's thanksgiving dinner themed).  I also thoroughly enjoy Markie Mark ;).
  • Options

I've never had their food truck, but thoroughly enjoyed their turkey burger (it's thanksgiving dinner themed).  I also thoroughly enjoy Markie Mark ;).

That's the ONLY burger they are not serving today. . .
  • Options
    @OliveOilsMom, you are SO lucky.  I want to try that place! Let us know how it is.

• Options
    @lyndausvi go do Kili!!  We just finished climbing it last week. It was a very easy hike, but it's the altitude that gets you. If I remember correctly, you regularly hike 14 000 foot mountains??  Maybe it was someone else. Anyway, DH used Diamox and felt fine. I have it up on day 3 with severe stomach cramping and made it just fine after. I just needed to stop to breath every 3 mins. It was the 2 of us, 13 porters/cook/guides and we did 8 days on the Lemosho route. I almost cried at the top and I'm not an emotional person. PM me if you want more details

On the other hand, we're currently in Amsterdam for 3 days stopover on the way home and I haven't been feeling well. Went to a doctor today and I have an upper respiratory infection with pink eye, all of which is viral so no drugs for me.  It's the third time I've been sick on this trip (though once was the bad reaction to Diamox), and travelling which sick is the absolute worst

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I hate licorice.  I hate candles.  I hate B&BW. I hate coke freestyle machines. 

• Options
    6fsn said:

Only full on soda haters would hate the coca cola freestyle machine.

• Options
    @lyndausvi and @WinstonsGirl - i'm not a hiker and that sounds like an amazing trip. 

we have a teambuilding event at work tomorrow (well, offsite) so i'm getting crafty with one of the other ladies making a poster about our team. this thing is going to be spectacular, and i got confetti poppers for our presentation. (along with mylar balloons, a helium tank, mini lights, and we're using a metric shitton of glitter.) All of the teams are making posters, so the competition is fierce. 

I have a slide deck to finish for my business trip next week, so working on that when i get the chance. 
  • Options
    I absolutely HATE the Freestyle coke machines. It doesn't taste the same to me and I get mad when a machine I used to love (that would have diet coke and cherry coke so I could mix them) changes to the Freestyle machines because the cherry isn't the same. 
  • Options
    6fsn said:

I hate pop. Which is the right word here, not soda. 
  • Options
    Dammit .... looks like M is really going in September :( 
    He's telling me where he's staying and I looked it up. DAMN YOU! It's a nice hotel with a spa ... I should just hide in his suitcase :D
  • Options
    6fsn said:

Image result for amen gif
  • Options
    He's telling me where he's staying and I looked it up. DAMN YOU! It's a nice hotel with a spa ... I should just hide in his suitcase :D
    I know it's in the states, so airfare isn't always cheap, but could you go with him while he's not at the conference?  Call it a bday celebration!   Every year I go to San Diego for work, and every year I keep saying "next year you can come with me, Hubby". 

It never happens.

• Options
    Soda and licorice hater here. I like candles, but I'm very picky about which ones are okay. 

Today I have finals. My back is killing me for some reason. Usually it's just my lower back, but it's literally my entire back and I just don't have time for it right now. I might make SO sleep in another room tonight. After he left this morning it seemed to get better because I had more room to position myself in a way that supported my back. 

It was 103 with 95% humidity yesterday. It's probably going to be the same today. I only plan on going outside when I absolutely have to. 

Otherwise: SSDD. 

• Options
    you know what? ever since the wax tarts have been "a thing" - I hate candles too.  
    I love licorice, but black licorice ice cream isn't really as bad as black licorice candy IMO.  It's a bit different.  Give it a try. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    6fsn said:

It's really not the machine itself it's the assholes letting kids run amok or adults standing around not being able to figure it out. I just want my water or coke and I don't want up wait in yet so ther line for it. 
  • Options
    I know it's in the states, so airfare isn't always cheap, but could you go with him while he's not at the conference?  Call it a bday celebration!   Every year I go to San Diego for work, and every year I keep saying "next year you can come with me, Hubby". 

It never happens.
    I considered it but the week before I'm taking time off and later that month I have time off, so I can't justify it lol! If I wasn't taking time off at the end of the month I would be hopping my ass on a plane lmfao
  • Options
    I hate licorice and booze free soda. Candles I am warming up too. I had not stopped into a B&BW since jr.high until the other day and candles were on sale. Since our place smells like garlic and recycled air, I thought I would give them a try.

i just got back from my lesson. I rode a new horse, with the head trainer, and jumped 1 meter! That's a new record for me. The horse was fantastic, before I got on my regular trainer and the head trainer were both cautioning me about things he does but he was an angel. I am high on happiness right now. :D 
    Are you still taking lessons in the middle of the night, or was that just a Ramadan thing?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    I hate licorice and booze free soda. Candles I am warming up too. I had not stopped into a B&BW since jr.high until the other day and candles were on sale. Since our place smells like garlic and recycled air, I thought I would give them a try.

i just got back from my lesson. I rode a new horse, with the head trainer, and jumped 1 meter! That's a new record for me. The horse was fantastic, before I got on my regular trainer and the head trainer were both cautioning me about things he does but he was an angel. I am high on happiness right now. :D 
    Nooo now you'll have candle smelling garlic and air. Bowls of baking soda. I hate all scents though. 
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten no, my lessons are at normal times now. 7 or 8pm which is nice, and I switched to riding indoors in the AC just for this month. I mentioned a while back about running this nursery school camp thing for them a few days a month and I haven't heard anything about it since June but tonight it sounds like they are going to make me a regular (beginner) trainer come September so I am all over excited.
  • Options
    I have a love / hate relationship with B&BW.  I love their stuff, and I hate that I buy too much shit.  I'm also annoyed that they already have fall stuff out.  I know it's how retail works, but still.  Especially here in Houston where it's a "cool front" when the heat index is only 99.  I also have so many darn travel size lotions from the free coupons they send in the mail each month.  I love their candles, but I have a Scentsy in my classroom (I don't think my principal would let me have a candle).  

I also have a love / hate relationship with black licorice.  I hate it, but my grandpa loved it, so when I see it, I think of him.

I'm working on my teaching certification today.  I'm hiding out at a coffeehouse so I'm not distracted (which is working so well since I'm on TK).  I was at a different place yesterday, but they had guitar music of popular songs.  So I spent half the time trying to figure out what song was playing.

I came across this true / false question in my training that literally made me LOL:

We went to the Astros game last night, which was really fun bc we had awesome seats.  My BIL actually caught a home run!  I'm just annoyed bc we're having a great season & I've been to 3 games, but they've lost all the games I've attended.  I'm going again on Thursday, so fingers crossed!

• Options

I ate the BBQ Bacon Walhburger with no jalapenos.  It was delicious! 

My work H came in and said "Did you know there is guac on this burger?"  And I'm like yup as I take another huge bite.  He goes "I thought you didn't eat green things?" I tell him I make exceptions for avocado/guac!

• Options
    Spent the last four days in the hospital.  Ugh.  Miserable experience that I want to forget.  DH was a nuisance, and I actually had the nurses post a sign on the door that said all visitors to my room needed to check in at the nurse's desk.  I asked him to stay home, but he refused and walked in like he owned the place, telling the staff how to do their own jobs.  Grrr.
    Glad to be home!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMG - Glad you are home.  Just remember that DH loves you and is just worried about you!
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Damn cmg. I'm sorry. Hope you're feeling better now. 
  • Options
    @CMGragain  Hospitals suck and I'm sure he means well but maybe something scared him? Glad you're home!