Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

We're only a day away!  :D 

I slept through the kiddo's alarm going off, finally.  He's got a super obnoxious alarm because he sucks at getting up.   If it goes off more than twice and wakes me up, I go and flip his light on and tell him to knock it off. 

DH should be home in an hour or so.  He has to cover the nights tonight and Sunday.  Blergh.  I hope he can get some sleep.  

I found out the big news yesterday is that my company is splitting into 2.  I'm pretty sure this won't affect my day to day job, since I'm quite low on the totem pole.  I am curious to see how this affects how and if we get bonuses.  

SSDD...Gotta go check out Prudie.  :D 

Re: Thursday

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Last night was fun.  DH took 6let to soccer camp.  I was set to take M2 to gymnastics.  I get a text "soccer cancelled about to leave.  hurt wrist, may need to get it checked"  I asked if it was bad enough to go straight to Urgent Care.  "I'll let you see it."  How the heck am I supposed to know?!?!

Dh came home took M2 to gymnastics.  I went to Urgent Care.  We were out in under an hour with a diagnosis of "buckle fracture to left radius," a soft splint, and a follow up appointment for an orthopedist.  He soft splinted until MOnday and can't do anything.  He didn't cry in pain, but no soccer made him teary.  I feel AWFUL for him.

2 out of 3 kids have now suffered broken bones.
  • Options
    Poor 6let!  Hope he's feeling better soon.  Kids that age heal so fast, it's amazing.

Yay for Prudie Day!  Other than that, SOSO.
  • Options
    Almost got hit by a friggen 18 wheeler this morning.

So I opted to get off at a bus stop after my usual one to pick up an iced coffee at McD's. I ran to the lights to cross {I had time, it's just not that close} and I'm about 1/4th way through and see this truck coming. Okay cool, they have red. It's slow but not really stopping ..... uhm .... so I back track and go back to the sidewalk because my gut says "don't risk it"
    Good thing I did! He didn't officially stop until he was halfway into the intersection AND he hadn't even once glanced my way! He was watching traffic on other side or light.

He finally glances, and I'm throwing hands showing he's in intersection. It's not illegal to do this, but it is a ticketable offence.
    Also he was wearing headphones, which also isn't illegal but it is considered distracted driving soooo I think that a cop COULD ticket them.

So pissed. He didn't give a fuckkkkk that he could have hit someone. You drive a big truck, you have air breaks. You know when you're suppose to start slowing down!
    Stupid drivers ....

SSDD at work, then M's dad and his gf are coming over tonight. She hasn't seen house and M wants to brag about the stuff he's gotten done for the work bench.
    We've decided that his dad was trying to pull a "parental learning moment" with it and we think he forgets that M is 27 now ....
    Also, M said if my dad was around he wouldn't have even called his dad with a question, he would have called my dad about it. Not because his dad isn't knowledgeable, but my dad did construction and had the experience.

Some days it makes me sad my dad isn't around to do things with M :(
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger good for you for following your gut. If you can get a ticket, though, it's illegal.

@6fsn if it makes you feel any better, the average American will suffer 2 broken bones in their lifetime.

@mrsconn23 my old roommate had an annoying, obnoxious, loud alarm on her iphone. It was turned all the way up, vibrated, and she still slept through it. 

I cleaned my purse out this morning and I think I could win a strangest item game. I have 1 shoe, a spoon, a diaper, and a ball of yarn.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @DrillSergeantCat  well the intersection ticket is pretty much a "depends on the area" and the headphones depends on the cop. Some may think it's distracted driving and give a ticket, others may let the person go with a warning.
    It's stupid. Both to me should be illegal and get tickets.

edit
    I love when my coworker goes through her purse. She has 2 girls - 8 and 5 almost 6 - so it's weird things like "sock, hair clip, bandaids" lmao
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    @Misskittydanger, still that's crazy! and I wonder if headphones are illegal here...I mean you couldn't hear ambulances or police cars from afar like you could without them.  But then again, my music is usually so loud it would be the same thing.

So this week H and I only went out once to eat.  And that was movie/dinner night.  This is big for me, guys.  I love eating out.  It's not much of a 'cost saving' thing for us, as groceries can also be costly, but a health thing.  I always do better, weight wise, with homemade food. Let's hope we continue doing it because I'm sure it is saving us money too.

I have one more school payment to make in September and then my car payments start. Yay.  Good timing on that one :)

edit: words

• Options
    @CharmedPam  that was the biggest thing when I was looking it up about the headphones was the sirens on why it SHOULD be illegal
  • Options
    Oh, and I usually fall asleep with the TV on, and this morning I woke up to an infomercial to The Total Gym. I already own the 2nd to last version of it. I got a good deal on it at walmart years ago.  I used it twice.

This is a sign!  I think I need to work out RIGHT after work. I can't do it in the a.m. I just can't get up early to do it, and I tried doing it after dinner, but that doesn't always play out to well either.  I have to go home, jump into my gear, and just do it. Then eat.  Then relax. 

• Options

Speedy recovery to 6let!

Can't wait to hear Babypants news! 

Yoga last night and that was about it!  Finally!

Today we need to buy more formula for DD, so we will head over to BJs and pick it up and maybe some other bulk goods!

I need to start working on the wreath for my sister, so I may start that tonight too.  But it depends on how long we are out shopping. 

I have a ton of work to do by the end of this month.  I've already been working on it for a few weeks and I don't even feel halfway done.  Thankfully we have our summer workers reviewing the emails, I would literally never get that part done by myself!

• Options
    I'm in a funk and it's just b/c of my period.  And I hate that.  Stupid hormones.  Also, my atheist/humanist/agnostic group is having online growing pains, and I'm just so sick of it.  We're having to create a moderating/social media policy b/c someone decided to be a dick and post a video that was making fun of genderfluid people.  I lost my shit, deleted it, banned him, then made a post that basically said if you wanted to make fun of queer identities, GTFO.  It started a big tizzy with people, but it's being smoothed over now.  I'm glad leadership is at least recognizing we need to be proactive and get a policy in place before more crap like this happens.  

I"m so ready for this weekend.  
  • Options
    @sparklepants41  Yes! I want to see baby Sparkles! She's already a Leo ;)
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Oh yeah, while I was getting ready to go to Urgent Care I got my period.  I just had it 2.5 wks ago.  ugh.
  • Options
    Booo @6fsn.  :( 
  • Options
    @6fsn  as if the visit wasn't bad enough :(
  • Options
    This describes me to a T right now:

I'm really looking forward to the 3 Day, but I'm freaked out about packing (I'm a notoriously bad packer), two of the shirts are too big and at a tailor who can have them done by 2, and the other is too small.  Not so small that it doesn't fit, but small enough to be really unattractive.  I'm packing a tank to wear underneath and cutting it on the sides.  I also had to run to the mall to find a white sports bra without an underwire - that was unsuccessful; why does every sports bra have an underwire now?!  Ever since my surgery, underwires hurt my scars and I am not messing around with that.

I also have a ton of quotes to finish, and to clean my house before H comes home.  He asked me to unload the dishwasher for him, that was Monday.  I'm sure he won't care, but I'd be pissed if I came home to the house looking the way it is, so fair is fair.

I want Babypants details!  @sparklepants41 - do you hear us, we want babies!

@misskittydanger in both the States and Canada Deaf people can drive, so the ability to hear isn't a determining factor in driver safety so I don't see why headphones would be banned.  That's one of the reasons why emergency vehicles have visual alerts.  I'm glad you're okay though!

• Options
    @kimmiinthemitten They're legal in most states, but there are several that ban headphones and earbuds.
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten  it might be one of those that if you need the headphones - if you're deaf or have hearing impairment - then it's fine.
    Also, I'm pretty sure those who have these issues are also more apt to look around to ensure they aren't missing anything, as oppose to those listening to music might ignore things {like this guy did}
  • Options
    Headphones are banned here. From my experience, people with headphones tend to be more distracted drivers. It's just as bad as holding a cellphone. Maybe that is why? Deaf people aren't adding another layer of distraction and they have to rely more on visual cues, so in theory they would be more alert and aware of their surroundings? 

My ex's alarm was a chainsaw. He would sleep through almost everything and he did construction, so he would set this alarm that simultaneously scared me and pissed me off. To top it off, he was one of those people who has like 18 different alarms all 4-5 minutes apart. So he would start the alarms at 3:30, but wouldn't actually get up for an hour. So fucking annoying and inconsiderate. 

I passed my classes! With an A-! It's a huge deal because I was pretty sure I was going to fail this semester. We went out to dinner to celebrate last night. Today is gym and house stuff. 

Anyone have tips on getting an asshole cat to like a new addition to the family? Aurora is a sweetheart, but she hates jack. She goes from being ambivalent to outright hitting him. She's not really using claws, but she hisses a lot. We tried "scenting" the house with his blankets for weeks before we introduced them. We've tried letting her into his space and vice versa. Honestly, I never thought we could get another cat because even when she was a baby she was hostile to other kittens. I won't make her or jack miserable, but if we can't figure this out soon, we'll have to find a home for jack. 

• Options
    @levioosa, congrats!
    @kimmiinthemitten I know you need the bra NOW so it may not help for this weekend, but i keep seeing adverts on my fb feed for the True Body collection at trueandco.com.  no underwire and supposedly really comfy....

• Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017

@6fsn, sorry yesterday was such a bad day in multiple ways.  Meh.  <<Crossing fingers I'm not jinxing myself>>, I've actually never broken a bone.  Not even for a finger or toe.

@MissKittyDanger, I'm glad you're okay!  It's terrifying to think what could have been.  I had a scary incident like that about 6 months ago.  Just starting to cross the street and a movement out of the corner of my eye made me step back.  A few seconds later a car went screaming by and ran the red light.  I was so close, my skirt was ruffled from the car's wind.  He also did a quick swerve around inside the intersection to avoid slamming into another car...you know, another car that actually had the green light.

I don't know if this is still true but, when I lived in CA, it was illegal to be driving while wearing headphones.  Though it was legal for the hearing impaired to have a driver's license.  The thought being that those folks are already used to navigating the world without sound.  Whereas people with good hearing consciously/subconsciously take a lot of their cues from the noise around them.

Edited to add:  Oh!  I see this was talked about while I was writing my post.

@DrillSergeantCat, you need to go on that show Let's Make a Deal with all your random purse items, lol.

@CharmedPam, Harumph.  I saw a True Body commercial and went to their website.  Spent a few minutes filling out their obnoxious form to make sure I got the right "suggestions" for what I need.  Only to have them tell me at the end, "Sorry, your boobs are too big for us to handle and we don't have your size in ANY of our products."  Because I guess a 42DD is super unusual//sarcasm.  Obviously I'm paraphrasing, but the very first question should have been "What bra size do you currently wear?" and then would have immediately cut to "we have nothing for you", instead of wasting my time. 

I was out sick yesterday.  It was very weird.  I was tired and lying in bed resting the whole time, but just couldn't get to sleep until 4AM.  I got up with my alarm at 6:30AM and was like, "oh, hell no."  I briefly got up to go send my "taking a sick day" e-mail.  Went back to bed.  Slept through until 11:45AM!  But felt loads better and was able to sleep last night.

Feeling pretty good today, but am overloaded with work.  Yesterday was a bad day to take off.  The first week of the month is my busiest.  But, oh well, it couldn't be helped.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey there!

Today is my first day back at work after taking off last Thurs thru yesterday.  We went to DC for a few days and then hit Sesame Place Monday.   Tuesday was a travel day and we got home before dinner.

Yesterday was supposed to be a morning / early afternoon w/ DH and then we were going to hit the beach with the kids mid afternoon.

INSTEAD DH and his dad bought a boat.   So he used yesterday to do the DMV paperwork required to register the boat and trailer and get it set up.  That took him until nearly 4 PM and then storms rolled in.

I thought that meant that we were going to do something quiet with the kids like a movie on the couch however DH informed me that he was still planning to go out to his standard Wednesday night trivia game at the bar.

I am nearly on the verge of tears I'm so hurt.   I haven't said much to him but he knows I'm pretty grumpy.  I'm more upset that we made plans for the afternoon/evening of our last night of vacation and instead he changed his mind and didn't tell me until yesterday.  DH got home and chilled out until it was time to head to his trivia night.   That meant that I was in charge of making dinner for the kids, today's lunches, bathing two REALLY DIRTY kids who looked like they'd rolled in sand 500 times and putting two kids to bed.   Chiquita is pretty good but Chiquito is entering the threenager stage and bedtime is never smooth.

And then to make things better, Chiquita put her hand on the stove after I drained pasta so she's sporting a lovely blister on her finger.   After dinner, Chiquito found a small pencil sharpener and PUT HIS FINGER IN IT.   He's now missing about 1/4 of his fingernail on his first finger.  That made his evening shower even MORE fun.   

By the time DH got home, I was still in the kitchen finishing up the dishes and lunch prep for today.   So on his last night of vacation he want out to the bar and left me with the kids.    I want to ask him, "So if you were planning on going to trivia and the storms didn't roll in, does that mean that the plan all along was to leave me to unpack from the beach and bathe the sandy children?" 

To add to it all, our 10 year anniversary is tomorrow.    We tossed the idea around of going away for it months ago but we can't leave our kids that long due to our parents' health situations and it's just not fair to our parents or our kids to do that.   So instead I said, "I want you to take me out to dinner."    He told me last night that he can't find a sitter.  I texted someone as soon as he told me that and she hasn't responded yet. 

I want to get myself a private high end hotel room to have a massage and a pint of ice cream. 
  • Options
    @banana468 I'm so sorry, I'd be pissed too!  And I definitely thinks you're entitled to a pampered night alone as your gift.  It's the least he could do.
  • Options
    @banana468 I'm so sorry, I'd be pissed too!  And I definitely thinks you're entitled to a pampered night alone as your gift.  It's the least he could do.
    I don't think he gets that he pulled a bait and switch with me.     

I need to talk to him but I need to make him aware that this is my point of view.   He's a non apologizer.   I love him (duh) but getting him to admit that his actions of yesterday amounted to a colossal fuck up on his part will be no easy feat.    
  • Options
    I'm sorry Banana, that sounds so frustrating!  I hope H will be able to understand where you come from. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Cue my sil offering medical advice. I know her well enough that this is not a "she means well" moment. She's try to show off her smarts and insert herself. If I want advice I'll talk to my doctor brother. Which is what I did.  I sent him a picture of the X-ray and he said yep it's broken. Go see the ortho. 
  • Options
    @banana468, I'm glad you had a good vacation.  Except for the last day.  Your H was a real jerk and I hope he makes up for it and plans a fab 10th anniversary for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    THe hotel and alone time would be just the start @banana468; that sucks and I would absolutely feel hurt by that. 

Y'all non-profit work is crazycakes. Seriously there is so little accountability, no uniformity of record keeping, zero policies and procedures, and people just make shit up as they go along. I'm, again, sitting outside at lunch by myself in the quiet just to get some order in my life. 

I also got another job offer last night (from the place I interviewed for a few weeks ago). I can do both, it's two full times jobs, and I'll probably do it. But right now that sounds daunting. Is it Friday yet?
  • Options
    I hate those moments in marriage @banana468.  They just plain suck and even though the intention may not be there, it doesn't lessen the hurt.  I'm sorry.  :(  I hope you can talk it out soon. 
  • Options
    @levioosa  I would set your ex on fire if I were you lmao damn you alarms ....

@short+sassy  Scary!!
    I cross at a lights with a right-hand turn where vehicles are suppose to  yield to pedestrians. That's rare. Also the parking lot right beside the building I work in is bad. Older people who are trying drive careful and end up not paying attention enough. I regularly tell people if I get hit by a car, it's one of those places.