Attire & Accessories Forum

Bella Bridesmaid Wedding Dress

I'm trying not to spend much on a wedding dress and I've decided that a nice bridesmaid dress will work for me based on my many past experiences as a bridesmaid. I know Bella Bridesmaid has their own bridal gown collection, so when I make my appointment, do I say that I'm a bride who wants to buy a bridesmaid dress for my own wedding or do I lie and say that I'm a bridesmaid? So the question is, will they care?

Re: Bella Bridesmaid Wedding Dress

• merrc85 said:
    I'm trying not to spend much on a wedding dress and I've decided that a nice bridesmaid dress will work for me based on my many past experiences as a bridesmaid. I know Bella Bridesmaid has their own bridal gown collection, so when I make my appointment, do I say that I'm a bride who wants to buy a bridesmaid dress for my own wedding or do I lie and say that I'm a bridesmaid? So the question is, will they care?
    It shouldn't change the price if that's what you're thinking. Most salons have the price tags on the dress when you try on. 

If you're not trying to spend a lot of money, David's Bridal has a $99 sale a couple times a year and often relatively inexpensive dresses on sale all the time. Might be worth a shot.
    *********************************************************************************

• Don't rule out wedding gowns.  There are bargains out there, and sample dress sales can be great.  This is how I found my own dress years ago.  Your idea of buying a "bridesmaids dress" is fine, but you may find that there are restrictions on ordering them in white or ivory.  What is your budget?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Tell them you're the bride.

If you have some ideas in mind,  show them the look you're going. Either way, say you want to purchase a dress in the bridesmaid collection.

In your case, I'd be more anxious about pushy salespeople, because they want to sell you a more expensive dress. If the salesperson gets pushy and tries to steer you toward trying on bridal gowns, tell her "No, thank you, I'm interested in the bridesmaid collection." If she continues, tell her you'll happily go elsewhere if she doesn't want to sell you the product you're interested in.

If you're not comfortable with that level of assertiveness, a white lie would help you out in this instance - but it's a good skill to have, and I suggest cultivating it.
  • Also, know that the same bridesmaid dress may cost more in white or ivory than in another color (not because you can use it as a wedding dress but because it may require more lining).
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse