Wedding Woes

Friday

I'm watching a Princess Diana documentary and having all the feels.  Her staff loved her so much.  

What's on tap for the weekend?

We're going to Cincy for BIL/SIL's housewarming party.  DH has to work Sunday night.  So that's about all for us.  ;)  

DH is starting to ramp up job searching.  I'm going to dress head to toe in purple from here on out to give him the best shot.  :D 

Re: Friday

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    good luck with H's job hunt, @mrsconn23!

SSDD for me. After boasting about eating out just once last week - I was driving home and thought "pizza".  Not homemade pizza.  That's crazy talk!  So we got some pizza.  But I'm back to cooking all of this week again.

ugh. I keep on forgetting to send my RSVP to DH's friends wedding we were invited to.  It's Sept 30th.  they want rsvp's in by Aug 7th.  Even if i get it out tomorrow (which I'll have to put a reminder in my phone for!) it still wont reach them by the 7th.  Hope they have a good window.  Like a month long window!  And I don't think it's a matter of B listing with them, I think they just don't know that the deadline should be like 2 weeks before the wedding.  I think half of the "send rsvp's 2 moths before" are honest to goodness excitement and wanting to get things lined up way before the wedding with people. 

• @mrsconn23  I have a love/hate with Princess Di's documentary - I always cry because she was so loved and it's so sad what happened :(
    Also, why purple?

Tonight is groceries and cleaning. We leave pretty early tomorrow to drive the 5hrs to see my bff {I am so friggen stoked lmao!} Unfortunately she's on antibiotics and pain meds {that aren't working} but we're still able to go :)
    We call it our yearly visit, because that's pretty much most we get to see of each other lmao! When I got married, it was a miracle because I saw her so much despite living further then {her and her husband are both from where I am and their family is still here, he's military}

Since Monday is a holiday, we're going to a bbq with Matt's former coworkers to have a bitch fest about the former job {they went under as per request of new investor lol}

We've also been looking at M's debt. It's bigger than I'd like but 100% more manageable than I thought. Luckily his line of credit {which has lower interest rate} has a higher limit than I thought, so a few more payments and we're doing a balance transfer so he can pay just one place instead of splitting payments between line of credit and credit card.
  • Happy Friday!! 

Not too much planned for the weekend, hanging out with some of H's friends tonight, quick stop at a family reunion on Sunday, but other than that plans are wide open. H starts the new job Monday so probably just a relaxing weekend. 

Some of you might remember me posting about my MOH/former BFF. We're more like acquaintances at this point, we rarely talk, but when we do it's polite and civil. I have no desire to rekindle the friendship after all the shit that went down with her. But we have similar groups of friends (sisters H and MOH's H are best friends) so we'll see each other. Anyway MOH invited me and sister to a bonfire tonight (husbands included) and sister tells me I really should go because she's making an effort, reaching out, blah blah blah. So I'm annoyed at sister for trying to tell me what to do. But bigger than that like I'll go to something for a bit but now that we're officially back I have to figure out how to navigate all this. Far easier when we lived multiple states away. FTR H dislikes her husband, dislikes her based on how everything happened and is perfectly fine to not see them at all. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

Also, why purple?

Wayyyy back in the day, one WWer (Kuus?) wore a purple shirt to an interview and got the job.  Then another wore a purple shirt and she got the job too.  And then there was a domino effect with purple shirts and getting jobs.  It, of course, morphed into 'purple shirt' vibes among the group whenever anyone had a job interview.  ;)  

Also, purple is just the best color.  
    I'm currently wearing a purple dress. 
  • @CharmedPam Was the pizza worth the stop?
  • It's my last day here and I have work to do and zero motivation to do it. Go figure.

Aunt flo came to visit 4 days early. On one hand..wahhh, on the other that means I can start BC earlier. I forgot how bad my periods are. PG is 6 months old and my milk production is way down already so it makes sense to just switch to formula full time although I hate it.

Tomorrow is Baconpalooza and H's best friend's birthday party. Sunday is nothing.

H got me a Groupon for a massage and facial for my birthday. It's a scam. The voucher says to call her, but she doesn't answer and her voicemail box is full. So I search on Facebook and commented on a post of hers, the salon tags her, and she PMs me. She was really friendly until I told her I had the Groupon and then she gets short with me. She says she books everything through a website and sends me the link. On the link, you can choose from her services. One is the massage, another is massage via Groupon. If you choose Massage, no problem. If you choose massage via Groupon suddenly there's a $25 non-refundable booking fee. Shady. It's past the date with Groupon to return.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    @charlotte989875, oooooh yeah it was.  Pizza is a difficult thing in our household.  I love Chicago style (both deep dish and their thin crust) pizza.  DH, from NY hates it.  So when I was ordering I said "I'm getting myself a pizza.  You're a PITA about pizza so you can have leftovers if you want.  I don't want to order a pizza to have you complain".  Because every time we do it's "it's not NY pizza...it sucks.  it's in squares.  I want pie slices"  big baby! 

But to be fair, when I go to NY, I'll eat the pizza but complain about it too.  It's nothing special to me IMO.

anyway, we both ate the pizza and he didn't say much about it.  Just that it was "OK".  I thought it was great!

@DrillsergeantCat, happy last day!  yeah...what's the point of working?

• mrsconn23 said:

Also, why purple?

Wayyyy back in the day, one WWer (Kuus?) wore a purple shirt to an interview and got the job.  Then another wore a purple shirt and she got the job too.  And then there was a domino effect with purple shirts and getting jobs.  It, of course, morphed into 'purple shirt' vibes among the group whenever anyone had a job interview.  ;)  

Also, purple is just the best color.  
    Well tips of my hair is purple. Now it'll be for good job vibes ;)
  • @DrillSergeantCat I would still try to get a refund from Groupon, in my past experience they were really good about stuff like that. I have had a couple problems with groupon massages too - usually impossible to book, I think because someone oversold their groupon and then couldn't schedule everyone. 
  • Yes, Groupon should refund you.  
  • I third the groupon refund.  Can you do the 'live chat' (hey, no need to work today!) and explain all that - you'll get it back.  They may try "groupon bucks" first.  Say no.  then they just say "ok, it'll be returned via original payment".

• Still fighting this dang cold. I'm painting samples today to decide what color to paint bathroom cabinets and bathroom/master bedroom walls. So hard to decide!! Just laying low this weekend - a little yard work.

Yay for last day at old work DSC! Good luck to H @mrsconn23! Purple is awesome.
  • @DrillSergeantCat, I'd still contact Groupon and see if you all can exchange that one for a credit with them.  I've found them to be pretty accommodating anyway, but especially you all are having problems with that provider.  I'd also check to see if her Groupon ad mentions the $25 non-refundable fee.  If not, that's a real "bait and switch" that Groupon won't know about and probably won't be happy about.  But why advertise on Groupon, if she doesn't like Groupon customers and the discounts SHE offers?  Stupid.

@CharmedPam, puh-leez.  You and your H can both just count your blessings!  I am in a pizza wasteland compared to either one of those cities, lol.  Though I also prefer NY style.  I love the pizza in NYC.  And am looking forward to introducing myself to real Chicago pizza, later this month.  Ummm...Little Caesar's make square pizzas I like.  Does that count?  I'm teasing.  I know.  Blasphemy. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @DrillSergeantCat ... Baconpallooza?  That sounds glorious!!

@mrsconn23 , I can't believe it's been 20 years!  I'll never forget the day Diana passed away :(

I'm good.  The baseball game was fun, but we lost.  The Astros are having an awesome season and I've been to 4 games ... all of them losses :(  .  But I enjoyed seeing everyone.  The funniest part of the night was at the game.  There was a kid a few rows behind us chanting, "let's go, Astros!".  Normally it's fun, but this kid had an annoying, high pitch, piercing voice.  So we all were looking at each other with annoyed looks (it was really bad).  I was sitting behind our school president,  an older nun.  She turned around and had a hilariously annoyed look on her face.  It's what you'd expect an older, Catholic school nun to look like when someone was misbehaving.

This weekend we're heading to Austin for a pre-back-to-school getaway.  I'm looking forward to it!
  • Do you have Trader Joes around, @short+sassy?

We have decent pizza around here, but I usually do home made pizza about twice a month.  Their fresh dough is cheap, and I love their sauce (in the canned goods aisle), shredded mozz, and pepperoni. 
  • @DrillSergeantCat, I'd still contact Groupon and see if you all can exchange that one for a credit with them.  I've found them to be pretty accommodating anyway, but especially you all are having problems with that provider.  I'd also check to see if her Groupon ad mentions the $25 non-refundable fee.  If not, that's a real "bait and switch" that Groupon won't know about and probably won't be happy about.  But why advertise on Groupon, if she doesn't like Groupon customers and the discounts SHE offers?  Stupid.

@CharmedPam, puh-leez.  You and your H can both just count your blessings!  I am in a pizza wasteland compared to either one of those cities, lol.  Though I also prefer NY style.  I love the pizza in NYC.  And am looking forward to introducing myself to real Chicago pizza, later this month.  Ummm...Little Caesar's make square pizzas I like.  Does that count?  I'm teasing.  I know.  Blasphemy. 

yeah but you have Beignet's!  and the best drinks in the world!

Funny story, I went to order one last time I was in NOLA and said it all wrong.  The waiter was like "oh? you mean b
    eignet?  Where are you from?"
    "Chicago" (like I get a free pass even though my grandfather is French)
    "so am I!"  and then was probably like.....and yet, I can still pronounce it right....

• @holyguacamole79 It's not as glorious as it sounds. A friend of mine puts it on every year and it's just a few of us get together at her house and bring a bacon-centric dish and whatever we want to drink to just eat and hang out. It's fun, but not as huge as the name implies.
  • @mrsconn23, just got our first Trader Joe's about 6 months ago!  Of course, it is in a suburb.  But happy, happy days.  I remembered and missed them from CA.  Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to try those.

@CharmedPam, it's shameful to admit, but I don't really care for beignets.  I can eat them, they're okay.  Pretty much the only time I do is if I'm taking OOT friends/family to Café DuMonde.  And then I'll have one to be social.  It is one of those "must do's" in NOLA and most people love'em.

Come to think of it, I don't like bread pudding at all either.  Another NOLA dessert staple.

We are very serious about our drinking, lol.  We even have a cocktail museum here (Museum of the American Cocktail).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @holyguacamole79 It's not as glorious as it sounds. A friend of mine puts it on every year and it's just a few of us get together at her house and bring a bacon-centric dish and whatever we want to drink to just eat and hang out. It's fun, but not as huge as the name implies.
    I think Iowa has an actual baconfest.  Today, on the news, they had a recipe for grilled pineapple wrapped in bacon.  Not so much a recipe I guess, as showing what a pineapple looked like wrapped in bacon and then put on the grill. Sounds great.  Sweet and savory! 

That does sound fun, but I was expecting a big festival from the name, lol.  So many great dishes that can feature bacon!  Mmmmmmm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

That does sound fun, but I was expecting a big festival from the name, lol.  So many great dishes that can feature bacon!  Mmmmmmm.
    I'm making bacon pasta.
  • Another vote for calling Groupon. 

Today is SSDD. I'm going to try to get to the chiropractor today because my back is not having any part of life, and I have to work three straight days starting tomorrow. It's just a lot of lifting, and good ergonomics only go so far when you're moving that much weight around. 

SO and I have started watching Friends From College on Netflix. It's pretty funny. I'm trying to think of healthy food I can make for dinner and lunch. All I want is pizza though. 

• Hi WW!

Finally Friday!  Work is still crazy.  It will get done though.  At some point. . .

DSC - Happy last day at a terrible job!  And I too would contact groupon about that.  I had a similar situation with Livingsocial, but for a driveway sealing company.  I talked to the guy and he said he needed to wait until he was in our area and would do a few driveways a day.  I never heard from him again.  So I contacted LS after the expiration and they gave me LS bucks, which was fine with me. 

Lynda - I love seeing your pics!  How beautiful!

Charlotte - What did MOH do again?  Do you want to rekindle the friendship or are you just done?

Guac - I know that look well after 12 years of Catholic school!

Not sure what is up for today.  H friend had an ingrown hair that turned into a staph infection :o  He has been in the hospital for 3 nights now.  He is seeing a surgeon again today to determine if there are any more pockets of infection.  So H will probably go visit with him either at home or the hospital, once I get home from work.

Saturday is yoga and church.  Sunday is a good friend's baby shower out near Hershey PA.  I may see if my BFF (who is driving) will take a detour over to Chocolate world!

• I just finished Live Chatting with Groupon. They say this is the first complaint they've had so they have to investigate it before they'll do anything. 
  • I officially have to admit that we have bedbugs.  I feel gross, K is upset b/c we're pretty sure they're from her last client, and just ew.  In other good news, (I guess) this means 2 new couches, a new bed and mattress, and all new pillows are incoming next Sunday from IKEA.  I've called the complex to figure out how to get the old furniture out and our apartment sprayed and taken care of so we don't spread the bugs.

We're actually home this weekend, so we are cleaning up this apartment, from head to toe.  We have a kid's birthday party to go to.  She's turning one and I actually like this baby, and mom is a dear friend, so we're looking forward to it.  
  • edited August 2017

Hi WW!

Charlotte - What did MOH do again?  Do you want to rekindle the friendship or are you just done?

I'm just over it; we're not warring or anything but we were growing apart long before the drama. We just don't share similar interests or goals anymore, but the overlapping family/friends makes it harder. 

The short version she said some pretty terrible things to me and threw a number of fits before/during the wedding. She tried to kick my sisters in law out of hosting the shower (they all had offered to throw it together) because they set a budget and wouldn't go over it, she tried to get them to pay but have no say or input on anything, and said some pretty trrrible things to and about them. Tried to get me to be in the middle of it and chose sides (clearly I didn't which she took as siding with them). 

And right before (like 4 days before I think) my wedding she threw a tantrum about how I didn't care about her wedding (she got married 4 months after my wedding and had just set the date) after I could only go dress shopping with her 3 times in the week and a half before my wedding. Told me I was selfish and thoughtless and a terrible friend, that I was ruining her special time and her wedding and I was a horrible person. Said I should drop everything to make things work for her like she did for me, after I told her there were only a few weekend I could travel back (we still lived in NC at the time, the weddings in NY) before her wedding for a shower so I could only offer to host on those weekends. When she declined those weekends she was pissed at me for not coming back (even though I offered to contribute). And said I didn't care about anyone or anything other than myself. 

ETA: She eventually apologized for some of the things. 

• @VarunaTT, sorry to hear about the bed bugs!  I've heard they can be so awful and difficult to get rid of.

@charlotte989875, so unfortunate!  And that's how friendships end when wedding expectations > relationships with friends. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker