Wedding Woes
Options

Saturday?

Anyone here? Little update: yesterday was crazy - did not go home as planned. Babypants was pretty severely jaundiced so started light therapy at noon to bring her bilirubin levels down. She started at high-intermediate risk. After a third round of blood work this morning, her levels were down to 11 (which at 60 hours old is low-intermediate risk) She's continuing the light therapy, and hopefully we'll get to go home tomorrow!! Waiting to talk to the attending pediatrician and will keep you posted as we hear more!! 

Hope you all are doing well today. ❤️

Re: Saturday?

• Options
    Sorry you didn't get to go home, but don't worry about the jaundice. That is very common in babies - especially early ones! My godson had to do that (bililights) when he was born (2 weeks early). A couple of sessions and everything was fine. Hope you get go home today - rest while you can!
  • Options
    Sorry you didn't get to go home, but don't worry about the jaundice. That is very common in babies - especially early ones! My godson had to do that (bililights) when he was born (2 weeks early). A couple of sessions and everything was fine. Hope you get go home today - rest while you can!
    Thank you! They're keeping us tonight as well - more labs again tomorrow morning and hopefully we can all go home tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    Hopefully you get home soon! 

Best saturday day ever because H asked to try yoga with me. It was hilarious and he'll never do it again, but it was an interesting step in our marriage. 
  • Options
    Congratulations on your new one!  Glad to hear the light therapy is helping.  

We flew home yesterday, so today is being jet lagged and doing loads of laundry.  We picked up Yoda (our dog) last night instead of today and he was super excited to see us.  We were worried about going, as we only got him from the rescue 2 months before we left, and we were then gone for 1 month.  He's doing well though, so it was awesome to see him again

• Options
    Congratulations on baby girl! 

I have to echo the sentiments of @ILoveBeachMusic.  Without trying to minimize or dismiss your concerns, jaundice in and of itself is a common newborn issue typically readily resolved.

It's nice that the hospital is allowing you to remain with her.  Many are so rigid in their maternity formula/protocol that many mama's have no choice but to go home regardless.

• Options
    Congrats on your new arrival.

Hope you get home soon.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone! We definitely know that of all things that could have happened, we are lucky that she only has jaundice. Between the hormones, sleep deprivation, and just overall feeling of being overwhelmed, the news hot is harder initially then it would have if we were looking at things more rationally. Thankfully she's in great hands and is on the mend - she's pretty stinking cute :-)

@charlotte989875 that is awesome that your husband did yoga with you! I'm trying to imagine my husband doing yoga and I'm cracking up at the mental picture. I can imagine him just wanting to skip to savasana lol.

@WinstonsGirl welcome home! Enjoy all the snuggles and licks from Yoda! 
    There were a few times I really had to hold in the giggles. 
  • Options
  • Options
    So happy for you & your family, @sparklepants41!
  • Options
    Yay BabyPants! Also LOVE that blanket. 
  • Options
    Yay!!! She's beautiful! Sending you good vibes! Those first few weeks are a hormonal rollercoaster. I'm glad everything is okay! 

• Options
    How special that your Mom wove the blanket for Babypants! So glad you are home. She is beautiful - so much cuteness!
  • Options
    So cute, glad you guys got to go home!  The postpartum hormones are real, it is crazy. I remember crying at the pharmacy picking up my prescriptions and crying at his first pedi appointment (there was nothing wrong with him, it was the normal post-hospital checkup) - no idea why but I couldn't stop it
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    So cute, glad you guys got to go home!  The postpartum hormones are real, it is crazy. I remember crying at the pharmacy picking up my prescriptions and crying at his first pedi appointment (there was nothing wrong with him, it was the normal post-hospital checkup) - no idea why but I couldn't stop it
    This!  Also, I had anxiety vs. baby blues.  You're not going crazy if everything makes you nervous and/or the smallest thing feels like a mountain you must scale.  Sitting in bed for most of the day, feeding, and changing while you FB/knot/binge on Netflix is a-OK.  I think it took me a month before DefConn and I would move to the living room to hang out.  ;) 
  • Options
    Yay!!  Glad everything is better

• Options
    Congrats!  Hope everything at home is going well as you settle into a new (un)routine!
  • Options
    What a beautiful baby!