Attire & Accessories Forum

Bouquet help for gown with color

My dress has pink flower appliques (see pic). It's the Heidi gown from BHLDN. 

I am a little stuck on what to do for wedding flowers/ my bouquet. I can't decide whether I should try to match my bouquet and other flowers exactly to the pink flowers on the dress or whether I should just go for contrast by doing a bouquet of greenery or white flowers or something else. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks! 

Re: Bouquet help for gown with color

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    Your dress is beautiful!  Matching the flowers "exactly" shouldn't be a concern.  Any flowers in the pink/rose family would compliment the dress beautifully.  I'm a big fan of pink roses, personally.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I think trying to match will drive you insane, it would me. CMG has a lovely idea of using pinks to compliment the dress or go with your white flowers and greenery. It is really up to you. My bouquet didn't even match the rest of my flowers. All my centerpieces and accent flowers were white with greenery and my bouquet was purple irises, a nod to my late grandmother.
  • Your dress is gorgeous!! I personally love bouquets of white flowers and greenery. You could even see if your florist could add little accents of gold or rose gold if you want to really jazz things up (and if it's in your budget of course!).
  • My dress has pink flower appliques (see pic). It's the Heidi gown from BHLDN. 

I am a little stuck on what to do for wedding flowers/ my bouquet. I can't decide whether I should try to match my bouquet and other flowers exactly to the pink flowers on the dress or whether I should just go for contrast by doing a bouquet of greenery or white flowers or something else. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks! 

beautiful! BHLDN? love it. I'd think that because of the style of the dress, lots of greenery and some blush would look beautiful! matching exactly will drive you crazy, but light pinks and greens would be really nice! 
  • I think a greener bouquet would be just beautiful with that style of dress, but it would really depend also on the venue for me. 
  • Talk to your florist and consider what coordinates with your budget the best first!  Your budget may dictate the answer more than anything else.  I think dusty roses would look beautiful with it, but you need to work with your florist to come up with what's going to work best because I can envision both clashing if not done right.  
  • Anything in pinks and whites/off whites I think would look great with this dress. 

Image result for pink barn wedding bouquet

• I would stick with pale pinks and white/off white flowers; they don't have to match perfectly. I think something that is a lot of greenery (or even all greenery!) would look beautiful too. This is an absolutely gorgeous dress!
  • angelajosefangelajosef member
    First Comment
    edited September 2017
    Wowwww. Your (edited for TOS violation) is beautiful. You should stick with the light pink color bouquet. It will look superb with your dress.
    Here are some examples