Attire & Accessories Forum

Are there any reliable websites to find non-traditional flower girl dresses?

My wedding dress is champagne silk bodice with a pewter gray lace overlay. I've been having a hard time finding a flower girl dress to compliment mine with a slight halloween feel (wedding theme). I don't want flower girls looking like my mini me. I need help >.<
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Best Answers

Answers

• My wedding dress is champagne silk bodice with a pewter gray lace overlay. I've been having a hard time finding a flower girl dress to compliment mine with a slight halloween feel (wedding theme). I don't want flower girls looking like my mini me. I need help >.<
    I would just let the parent of the flower girl pick out a dress with a few specifications. 
  • My wedding dress is champagne silk bodice with a pewter gray lace overlay. I've been having a hard time finding a flower girl dress to compliment mine with a slight halloween feel (wedding theme). I don't want flower girls looking like my mini me. I need help >.<
    Purple. The dress doesn't have to be white or white-ish.

But I agree with PP that if you like that idea, just tell the parent to get a purple dress and don't micromanage it - that'll drive up the cost for them. Or find/buy it yourself.
  • That's a great suggestion. Unfortunately I have two flower girls. One is my niece and the other is my FH cousin's daughter.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's a great suggestion. Unfortunately I have two flower girls. One is my niece and the other is my FH cousin's daughter.
    Then if you truly need them to match, find and buy it yourself. Otherwise tell one parent purple and the other gray, or tell them both purple and the dresses don't turn out to be the same. It'll be fine. Matching is kind of unnatural anyway - that's why the mismatched look is in.
  • I totally understand that. I was asking if anyone had suggestions for reliable websites that I could find a flower girl dress. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I totally understand that. I was asking if anyone had suggestions for reliable websites that I could find a flower girl dress. 
    And one good suggestion was to take that off your plate and let the parents do it.

Etsy is always a good option.
  • I feel there might have been some confusion. I put the description of my dress to give an idea of my perception of non-traditional. Ultimately I'm looking for resources so I could look for dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel there might have been some confusion. I put the description of my dress to give an idea of my perception of non-traditional. Ultimately I'm looking for resources so I could look for dresses.
    Maybe, but it really doesn't matter. The clarification is good, but you can't really control how people respond to your post. Subsequent posters may have good ideas for websites (and I offered you one), but two posters who have already planned weddings are telling you it's a better idea not to micromanage - i.e. don't find and choose the flower girl attire yourself.

Sometimes the best advice for "Where can I do this thing?" is "You really shouldn't be doing that thing, because it will make people's lives more difficult or there's no reason for it."
  • I appreciate your input and I have looked at Etsy, unfortunately did not find anything that caught my eye. I was hoping another bride could offer a website that I did not know about. I know I cannot control how people post, which is why I offered the clarification, in case I was not clear before. I know that each bride chooses to handle her wedding in a way that best suits her. Fortunately, I am off for the summer so I have the time to browse the internet looking at dresses where the parents do not. I was taking a task off their hands, without putting myself in a hole. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DD found a dress for her flower girl on Amazon. It was under $20 absolutely adorable.
  • I appreciate your input and I have looked at Etsy, unfortunately did not find anything that caught my eye. I was hoping another bride could offer a website that I did not know about. I know I cannot control how people post, which is why I offered the clarification, in case I was not clear before. I know that each bride chooses to handle her wedding in a way that best suits her. Fortunately, I am off for the summer so I have the time to browse the internet looking at dresses where the parents do not. I was taking a task off their hands, without putting myself in a hole. 
    Great. I still think that you're making work for yourself by being so picky about the FG look, but that's fine. (No one is really going to notice if the little girls' dresses are totally on theme - they'll be cute regardless.) If you're going to find but not buy, the other thing you need to have done is ask for a max budget from the girl's parents before you choose a dress for them.

This place is in Nebraska: https://www.sophiasstyle.com/nsearch/?q=damask
    I've got the damask search term in there because I think it brings up some vaguely Halloweenesque dresses.
  • You're over-thinking this!  Girls change sizes rapidly - Depending on their age, they can literally sprout 6" and two sizes what seems like overnight.  If you want matchy-matchy, go with David's or the bridal salon you got your dress.  If you don't, give the Mom's the color/style parameter and let them go to town and purchase something because really (if they want to match, then they can decide together), it's best to do this at the last second for kids and this way it fits their budget unless you're the one doing the buying.  

JCP, Sears, Kohl's, David's, JJ's House (some don't like the site, I've had success there - realize zero return policy risk), Macy's, Bloomingdales..  It really also depends on the size they're needing for where you'll have the greatest success.  
  • Thank you for all the suggestions! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse