Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited August 2017 in Wedding Woes
What's up people?  Another day, another dollar.  

Everyone's back at school and work on their normal schedules.  w00t. Plus everyone pitched in last night and got shit done around the house...so I'm not looking a pile of laundry and dishes.  Teamwork makes the dream work.  LOL  Also, we've started giving DefConn a dollar here and there for stuff, so he's *all* about some chores. 

I slept hard last night too...so I'm feeling damn skippy.  ;)

Re: Tuesday!

• wow @mrsconn23, school is starting earlier and earlier every time I hear of it.  soon it wont be "summer break"!

I finally finished Wentworth S5 yesterday, so now tonight I start Salem S3 or AHS S6.  This is my life folks.  This is my life.  My H didn't get home from work till 2 a.m, which is typical with his stupid hours.  I was kinda up anyway, so I stayed up with him.  Had some BCBC, fed him some egg salad English muffins and stayed up watching  George Lopez till 4:30ish.  Back to bed for another 2.5 hours and now I can't see straight :neutral:

• Today's my Friday. I'm off starting tomorrow to get prepared for the huge relay race that H and I are running with his family in the Adirondacks this weekend. I've packed 0 things and bought nothing that we need. Tomorrow will be a rush of shopping, packing and trying to cram in as much sleep as I can. Thursday we'll head up to Lake Placid and Friday at 5 am our team starts running. I've got a combined 21 miles in legs to run and I'm so nervous that I'm not prepared. I've been training since January but have been sidelined the past 3 weeks for knee and hip pain that still hasn't gone away. It's going to be a lot of mind over matter to get through this race! Luckily it ends Saturday evening at a brewery with free beer and food :smile:
    @Cupcait927, everything but the running sounds awesome!  My friend keeps talking about the adirondacks and the area and I always wanted t go.  Lake placid too.  Sorry about the hip pain but I'm sure you'll do great!

• @cupcait927 are you doing a 200 mile relay? I did one about 10 years ago and loved it - we did a 6 person, all women team. It was tough but fun. It was before the RAGNAR brand took off

@charmedPam Is S5 the current one of Wentworth? We've watched them all until this one but my H wasn't in the mood for this current season because we had just finished OITNB and he was getting confused. Will probably start it back up this fall.
  • wow @mrsconn23, school is starting earlier and earlier every time I hear of it.  soon it wont be "summer break"!

Many schools in our area have moved to a 'balanced calendar' which a hybrid/compromise to year-round schooling.  We get extra long breaks during the school year (two weeks 3x: fall break, winter break, spring break) and then 8 weeks during the summer.  I actually really like the calendar.  

Last week some jackwagon in the state house introduced a bill (that failed in committee by one vote, I think) that will force schools to start the last week of August or later because kids are 'losing their summer'.  

They're not...they're really, really not.  The extra breaks are beneficial to my kids and us a family.  DH and I both have taken a week off for fall break since we moved here 3 years ago.  We did a staycation the first year, we went to Hawaii for our anniversary last year, and we're taking a family vacation this fall. 

Plus, we have 180 (I think) required days of school and they eliminated half days because they passed a law that serving lunch is required to count as a school day.  So we'd either lose all our extended breaks OR our kids would go late into June if they pass the bill.  

I am keeping an eye on it coming up again because I will take time off to go testify at the statehouse. FURTHERMORE, our teacher certification tests are fucked up and the fail rates are out of control.  So if they can't get that figured out, there's not going to be any teachers to teach our kids at any time of the year.  There's much bigger rows to hoe than the school schedule districts decide to follow. 
  • kvruns said:
    @cupcait927 are you doing a 200 mile relay? I did one about 10 years ago and loved it - we did a 6 person, all women team. It was tough but fun. It was before the RAGNAR brand took off

@charmedPam Is S5 the current one of Wentworth? We've watched them all until this one but my H wasn't in the mood for this current season because we had just finished OITNB and he was getting confused. Will probably start it back up this fall.
    @kvruns yes, S5 is the newest.  Honestly - it just keeps getting better and better.  I hate how shows decline after a few years.  This has not IMO.  I saw Orange too, we finished it last week.  It took us FOREVER and I really have no anticipation for the next season...speaking of shows that decline.....

• @CharmedPam I'm so excited to get back up to the Adirondacks. I only live 5 hours from the mountains but don't go there nearly enough. It'll be a lot of fun and fingers crossed I can get my legs done without too much pain!

@kvruns We are! We're running the Peak to Brew relay race. H's family has done relay races for over a decade and usually run the Ragnar New Hampshire race. Last year they went and felt that it had gotten way too big, almost to the point of being unsafe, so they chose a different race this year. I am in awe that you did a 6 person team! We've got a team of 12 and I'm nervous about the 21 miles I have to get in.
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    @cupcait927 I love the adirondacks! They're one of my favorite places. 

I think I might be getting sick. I'm irritated because I know exactly who I got it from. I'm off work today though after working three days straight. I was originally going to do a ton of stuff, but now that I think I'm getting sick it's just going to be full of rest and sleep. Jack does have to go to the vet for his next vaccine, but at least that will only take half an hour. 

Tomorrow I go with my parents to get the results of my dad's prostate biopsy. He's trying to brush it off, but I can tell he's really worried. So in depth research of prostate cancer will be something else I'm doing today. 

Edit: early posting

• @levioosa Good vibes for your dad and the results!

• My internet isn't working at the office so I'm just sitting here, frustrated because I need to get things done. 

Not much new here, H's first day went well, they sent us a whole 'Welcome to Buffalo' gift basket which was really nice. We splurged and went out to dinner last night when we should be cooking at home and eating healthy. Going to a town hall with with my Rep. on the Violence Against Women Act tonight, but other than that just a normal Tuesday. 
  • WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    Why oh why does TK keep deleting half of my comments???  Anyone else??

DH is back to work today, so I'm officially on summer vacation.  

edited August 2017
    Nope, still not working

edited August 2017
    Ok, forget it.  I'll try later 

• Morning all!

H surprised me by going out with his friends last night!  So it ended up being just me and DD.  I also watched Passengers On Demand, with Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt.  It was ok, I thought about turning it off at one point, but hung in there and it got better!  I did nothing else!

Not sure what is up with today.  MIL was late coming over this morning to watch DD.  Our department is very laid back and being on time for work was always fluid.  But since coming back to work, I'm trying to make a big effort to get to work on time.  So I'm all ready to leave and MIL isn't at the house yet.  I hope she is earlier tomorrow.

So I have mentioned before about my crazy co-worker.  The one I got into the argument with while I was pregnant and all of his sniffling and other terrible noises he would make.  Sleeping at the office, getting sent home in cabs, etc.  Well he finally got fired on Friday!  Its pretty surreal that it finally happened!  Me and work H were joking that he would show up on Monday like nothing happened, which was par for the course with him when he would screw up something terrible.

Cupcait - Enjoy the relay and I hope you aren't plagued with hip and leg issues.

leviosa - Healthy vibes for your dad!

MrsConn - I think I would like that schedule as well.  There are also studies that show that students with shorter breaks learn better and are less likely to forget things they were taught.  It would also be beneficial to us since H can't take vacations in the summer anyway.  Most likely DD will need to be pulled from school for vacations unless H changes jobs or the school year timelines are changed.

• DH and I are having a bad luck week, we've decided. Last night the dog bit the potential dog sitter in the face. She grabbed his face to try and kiss him, he snapped at her and got her right on the lip, splitting it open. Now we have to pay her.  Today the trip that DH was taking that required us to get a pet sitter was cancelled. He is going through drama at work (that I think he half way deserves but still don't want to suffer the consequences of). Idk, typing it out sounds like nothing but it feels like a lot.

i feel like I post and run a lot and I apologize, it is about dinner time and I forget to check afterwards. :(
  • @cupcait927 you'll do great! I felt like a 6 person team was good because while it was a lot of running you didn't have to wait forever for your next leg. I can't imagine having to wait for 11 people to run before I went again. Although I suppose if you know everyone it is more just hanging out than anything. 
  • MJL - That sounds like the pet sitter's fault!  You never grab a new dog's head and try to kiss them!  You must earn the pet's trust first!  While I would pay for her injury, I would be very salty about it.
  • MJL - That sounds like the pet sitter's fault!  You never grab a new dog's head and try to kiss them!  You must earn the pet's trust first!  While I would pay for her injury, I would be very salty about it.
    This! Why in the world would you do that to a dog you don't know?! 
  • I'm here .... half reading former posts, but mostly working today.

Pretty busy because I have files to set up for today AND tomorrow.

Weekend was busy, but I was grateful that Monday everything was closed because I was so exhausted.

Saturday we left at like 8am, and it's a 5hr drive to my friend's place. It was so much fun but long drive, late night, early morning then another long drive .... I had such a headache and I just couldn't rest at all ....

We were suppose to go to a friend's place Sunday night, but after that drive both of us were exhausted and just not in the mood to leave the house. So M ordered pizza, I ate a bit but I completely crashed. I woke up briefly to feed the cats but went back to bed and slept.

Monday M got a vape set up. He can't do patches, we're pretty sure it's an allergic reaction because he gets a rash and muscle pain immediately. My friend does vape - she's trying to quit also - and had him try. Smells so much better!
    The guy at the shop said he needs to NOT smoke cigs for a week, to have his body get rid of all the other toxins, then he can cut down on nicotine.
    Hopefully this works.

Went to a bbq with some of M's former coworkers that we've hung out with before {couple of them were at the wedding and others we've had sushi dates with}
    Finally got to meet one of our friend's kids. Oldest will be 2 in September, and youngest was born like 3 weeks ago. Baby was such a good sleeper! Basically slept entire time lmao
    Oldest was pretty good. They skipped her nap due to timing, so they gave everyone warning lol

Again, not home until late.

Tonight I'm picking up my mum from her trip. I think she had fun, which is good :) She doesn't go away often.
    This! Why in the world would you do that to a dog you don't know?! 
    So much of all of this. We are paying but we are not happy about it. there was some other shady shit about it but that doesn't change the fact that he bit her. 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017

@mrsconn23, There was an "Adam Ruins Everything" show about all the reasons why the typical school system with a long summer break is a terrible idea.  I'm honestly confused as to why this wasn't gotten rid of decades ago.  Even considering educational systems are stodgy and very slow to change.

The saddest part of the show, and one I hadn't thought about, is that school might be the only place where children living below the poverty level might get a full meal.

@cupcait927, have fun on your relay race!  I've never been to the Adirondacks but, you and some of the other posters have me adding it to my list of "places to go".

@levioosa, I hope you start feeling better and that your dad's biopsy results turn out great.

@charlotte989875, I'm glad your H's new job is going great.  Sorry you're going a little stir crazy today.  Probably why you are dreaming about lunch so early in the day.  Boredom will do that.

@missJeanLouise, that's frustrating and really unfortunate.  Definitely her fault she got bit, but I understand why you all feel obligated to pay for her medical bill (if there is one).

Not much going on with me.  I'm going to be refreshing our rental ad across all the platforms today at lunch.  We've had such dismal results for showings (sigh).  I'm lowering the price by $50/month but, the biggest problem is the time of year.  It's too hot to move and schools are starting this week and next.  So there just aren't many potential renters out there right now.

A lot of boring at work today.  I know I'll be stuck again with busy work like copying and filing.  Hateful, lol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy, are you lowering the price by $50/month or lowering it to $50/month.  If it's the latter....um hi.  I'm your new tenant. 

@Misskittydanger, one of my friends was successful in quitting cigs via vape.  Her and her husband did it together, actually!  And then another friend of mine tried it and didn't do as well.  Good luck to your H!  I agree - I love some scents. 

• @missJeanLouise  unfortunate it happened - agreed with others about the lady being stupid about putting her face in dog's face - but you mentioned you weren't happy anyways. At least the good part is you have a reason to find someone else!

@charlotte989875  always the case. things to do, and internet drops :(

@OliveOilsMom  I've heard such mixed reviews on that movie. I'm glad it got better for you :)
  • @CharmedPam  I'm hopeful! Only thing I'm hoping is that he doesn't go from cigs to vaping all the time lmao! I know you can get with no nicotine - which is great - but I hope he doesn't just switch the addiction lol
  • I can't tell you how nice it was to have an entire day off.  First one in a few weeks, but in addition to that, I didn't do a big hike either.  In June/July I averaged 3 days off during the month and did  a big hike instead.  My body was beat.

Today I did a 4 mile walk and finally got the motivation to clean.    I have to work a private party later.  Sadly it might rain (venue is outside, but can be moved to a small tented area).  Oh well.   Between now and then I plan on being lazy.   :)

DH vent.  So DH is a marketer's dream.   $50 water bottle that links to your iPhone and lights up when it's time to drink.   He has to have it.   Not kidding, he bought a fucking $50 WATER BOTTLE.  Which after a month lost it's appeal.

So we have bought pretty much every floor cleaning equipment you can think of.  Swifter  - dry, wet, vacuum.  We have them all.  Bissell (various models) .  Shark (various models), Dyson, Bona.  You name we either have had or currently one.

Last night he wanted yet another new one.  Grabbed who the hell knows what and I put my foot down.  I made him get a mop.  Yep, nothing that plugs in, needs charging or replacement pads.  A mop.   Granted he still felt the need to pay $50 for the mop/bucket combo, because we have to have a spinner mop head thingy.    Good news, he loves to do the floors, so it's one thing I don't have to do around here.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @short+sassy, are you lowering the price by $50/month or lowering it to $50/month.  If it's the latter....um hi.  I'm your new tenant. 

@Misskittydanger, one of my friends was successful in quitting cigs via vape.  Her and her husband did it together, actually!  And then another friend of mine tried it and didn't do as well.  Good luck to your H!  I agree - I love some scents. 

Haha, BY $50/month.  I see I forgot that small, but important word.  I have been advertising at $900/month, but now I'm dropping it to $850/month.  I'm thinking about adding in a "rental discount" each month if tenants pay even one day early.  I did that once before and had great results.  I mean, those particular tenants were pretty awesome anyway.  But they loved that discount and ALWAYS paid early.  Sometimes, it was just by one day.  But usually it was a few days early and, one time, they even paid 2 weeks early.

@Misskittydanger, my H vapes once in awhile and he likes it just fine.  Unfortunately, he doesn't do it to quit, he does it when it is just more convenient than cigarettes.  But he usually just smokes cigarettes.  For example, this was really sweet of him.

We went back to my hometown for our wedding and were staying a few days at my mom's house.  She is extremely allergic to a lot of things.  Including cigarette smoke.  He went outside to vape the whole time we were there because he didn't want even the smoke that might cling to his clothes to bother her. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Haha, BY $50/month.  I see I forgot that small, but important word.  I have been advertising at $900/month, but now I'm dropping it to $850/month.  I'm thinking about adding in a "rental discount" each month if tenants pay even one day early.  I did that once before and had great results.  I mean, those particular tenants were pretty awesome anyway.  But they loved that discount and ALWAYS paid early.  Sometimes, it was just by one day.  But usually it was a few days early and, one time, they even paid 2 weeks early.

I would love that.  I'm always early.  Sometimes even 2 weeks.  That was because I was OOT until the 1st.  I would rather pay early, than be a day late. Even though I wouldn't be penalized until the 5th.    I can't remember the last time I even paid on the last day of the month.  Normally it's a few days before.

I guess that is why our landlord isn't even raising our rent.  Which I'm surprised.  I thought for sure they would as it's standard practice around here.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated.