Wedding Woes
Options

Bueller?

Hi all!  Today I'm WFH then dinner with the bestie tonight.  When I woke up to pee in the middle of the night I was able to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom (previously I couldn't straighten my legs), so aside from some sore spots that were previously blisters, I may be healing from the 3 Day!

My boss supremely pissed me off yesterday by calling me out in the middle of the office - I didn't do my forecast, sorry - you were off last week and I was off Fri/Mon.  No hi, no how are you - just "you never called me back."  I said, "I was off and my phone died, I won't have a work phone again until tomorrow."  "Yeah, well you owe me your forecast."  Ugh.  And I have to turn down that other gig now because I just awarded a huge contract I can't walk away from. 

How's your humpday?

Re: Bueller?

• Options
    Glad you're starting to feel better Kimmi!!

I had a nice day of nothing planned, but our iPad won't turn on, so I'm heading in to the Apple store instead to drop it off.  But I've got lunch booked too with a colleague so it will be nice to catch up.  

• Options
    Signed the contract for the second job today; I'm not super jazzed about two full time jobs but the money is good and it keeps me in both nonprofit and academia so it gives me options. 

We're having some concerns about our real estate agent and H and I just approach things differently. She's having some family issues (her FIL passed the day we listed our house last Monday, unforeseen) and obviously had to take some time with family. We had 6 showings last week, but nothing since Saturday and still nothing scheduled. We haven't heard from her at all since last week, we emailed her Monday to check in and say we're a little nervous bc there are a few things she said she would do that haven't happened and that we haven't had any other showings scheduled. She never replied. H is pissed, and while I'm annoyed I also recognize we're not her only clients, family stuff is happening, but we really need some feedback from her, even if it's just for us to sit tight and be more patient. It's our since time selling, we're out of town so obviously we're nervous. 

When selling a house how often have you heard from your agent? What's typical here? Help calm me down. 
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten  progress! :)

@WinstonsGirl  boo Apple :(

@charlotte989875  Our realtor was amazing when we were buying and I remember the realtor my parents had was really good - mind you, my parent's house sold in 3 showings. I think it depends on the market also :\

Last night I basically came home, showered and we left to go pick up my mum. She got back from her trip and since the bus drop off was far, we opted to get her. This way we could hear about her trip also :)

I'm so glad she had fun. She doesn't go away a lot in general.

Went to bed with a headache and woke up with a headache. My eyes are trying to focus, but it's not going so well. I had tylenol couple hrs ago, but not doing much anymore.

Tonight is pretty much us playing catch-up on stuff. M said he's spending a good while in the basement cleaning the guns and possibly moving stuff around. I told him that was fine because I have to finish some DIY flower jars this week since I have to bring them to my mum's place on Saturday for the bridal shower.

Next month we scheduled the electrician to come and do the outlets, so we do have to get that basement organized. It's not messy, it's just everything is everywhere. Organized chaos lol

Side note; our dining table - aka the catch all for our stuff - has been slowly getting cleared up! I'm so glad lmao
  • Options
    BTW has everyone heard Disney/Pixar are pulling all their stuff from Netflix because they're creating their own streaming services for that? M and I heard about this and he's like "we're getting that, aren't we?"
    My response: "Damn straight we are."
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Also, and I should just start another 'what week is it?' post...but as much as I hope the NK shit is just grandstanding, the grandiose shit the Trumpster Fire says is no longer funny.  I mean, it never was funny...but I've swung back hard to angry about it.  He's going to lead us straight to fucking hell while we all scream at him to stop.  :/ 
    Right, the whole - we won't fight the war here, we'll fight it over there is so  dangerous, naive and disrespectful to the millions of people who do live over there - including, what 28,000 american troops!  Apparently all lives don't matter.  I mean, there's a reason not a single president has ever touched it!

@charlotte989875 I've never sold but it's odd she didn't have a stand in realtor while she was off.  I'd be irritated too.

@WinstonsGirl you're a teacher right, when do you go back?
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten, awesome that you're starting to recoupe again.  I can only imagine what the body went through.  again - you rock!
    @misskittydanger, sorry about your headache.  When I get them, the only thing that works is some sort of pain reliever and sleep! Pain reliever alone just doesn't help me.

So like I mentioned before, H works for the railroad and had stupid hours that go all over the place.  He's supposed to have Fri and Sat off but sometimes he works into his day off which bumps it into Sat and Sun.  My friends and I are planning for a 1 night getaway in Wisconsin and have a refundable room booked this weekend.  I am seriously crossing my fingers that my H doesn't make his day off so he can push it back to Sat and Sun. LOL.   It all depends on what time he has to go to work tonight or (hopefully) tomorrow.  So give us "work into your day off" vibes!

• Options
    @CharmedPam  Yeh last night I crashed early to see if it'd help but nothing :( I thinking it might be weather or allergies at this point. Even though the pollen levels are low, we have a stupid tree in front of our house that has pollen constantly.
    Basically I'm giving it extra water and an hour before taking allergy pill.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Our house is a shitshow right now and im
    overwhelmed. I've been up everyday at 5:45 and have been doing something until 10 pm. 

My neighbor has a foster daughter. I know it's only been a month and they are still working things out and whatnot. However, every night she's asking if my kids can play. I feel awful saying no but I/we just can't. Other friends I can let run and not supervise, but this child has a mean streak and doesn't follow rules. Its not her fault. I know this so I'm just doing my best to let them play sometimes. 
  • Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    @kimmiinthemitten - Yup.  I'm back Aug 30.  July/Aug are our months off.  I've been home 1 day (after July vacation) with DH back to work and I've already asked him if I can be a SAHW.  I get so much shit done when I don't have to go to work!!

ETA - Losing paragraphs again.  I'm not looking forward to going back as I'm not happy with the direction the school is going next year.  It's a shame cos I love my school, but Admin is pulling it down 

• Options

@kimmiinthemitten, glad you are starting to recover from the great, but physically strenuous weekend.  The story about your boss reminds me of the TPS reports on that one office movie (forget the name).  Sorry to hear things didn't work out for the other job.  But being awarded a huge contract sounds great!

@charlotte989875, congrats on the second new job!  Though it does sound like it will be tough juggling them both.  Good luck with it!  I've never sold a house but, for buying, I very much expect my agent to be prompt in communications.  I'm actually pretty demanding about that because I always seek out exceptional deals and those go fast.  I've quickly moved on from agents who took 2-3 days to get back to me with a question I had or a request for a showing.

So, to me, two days is too long to have not received at least some response back.  Even considering her FIL passing away.  I'm assuming she works out of an agency office.  Perhaps call their main line and mention you haven't heard back from her, but are aware she had a death in the family, and were wondering if there is another agent temporarily helping out her clients.

As for the showings slowing down a bit, I wouldn't think that is too unusual.  There will be a bigger flurry of interest when the property is first listed because it is new.  So buyers who are already in the market looking for that type/price of house, will jump right away for a showing.  You've said it is a strong market and, if the house is priced right, it shouldn't hopefully be too long.  Has she given you any feedback on how the previous showings went?

@MissKittyDanger, my coffee table is the "catch all" for mail and other various odds and ends.  I swear it is a never ending battle.  I'll get everything put away and organized.  And then, a week or two later, it looks like I did nothing.

@CharmedPam, have fun on your getaway!  Hopefully your H will work into his "day off" and so he has more time off with you when you get back home.

I had some good/bad news yesterday.  I've been striving for the longest to do a cash-out refi on an investment property. It will free up about $700-$750/month in cash for me.  The current configuration is a really heavy weight on me.  But there are a lot of obstacles with a refi.  Half of which I have no control over.  But the items I do have control over are 1) debt-to-income is borderline just below what I need for a conventional loan and 2) my credit score is okay, but will be substantially better when I get my credit card utilization back below 30%.

I talked to a loan guy yesterday that had a non-conventional loan option.  Super easy and super fast to do.  Except it is an 8.25% interest rate and $4700 in points/closing...for a loan that is only $80K!  Ugh.  The interest rate isn't quite as bad as it sounds, they are higher and normally run in the 5-6.5% range for a non owner-occupied property.  I spoke to him briefly on Sat. and was really expecting to have better news than that.  On the positive side, it's nice to know that option is there if the s**t really hits the fan.  But my H and I decided that it is better to wait a few months and hopefully be in a position to go the conventional loan route for a lower interest rate and roughly a $2K savings on the points/closing.  But still, it's just more of the stressful waiting, waiting, waiting.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy, I remember my refi.  It took SO long and I was so worried about interest rates going up.  I hope to never have to refi again! But the outcome was well worth it.  GL with that.

@atomicblonde, I shudder to think of your lawn after giving that description.  My brother has wolf spiders in his old apartment (along with brown recluses) because he lived over a storage unit.  The stories he told me made me seriously avoid his place.  

• Options
    @short+sassy  RIGHT!? I found a small wicker basket that I've just been tossing a bunch of small things into that will EVENTUALLY go to the basement when the work bench is set up {like electronic stuff, small bit heads, etc} and in the meantime I'm debating on just buying a plastic bin for it all so that can go too. At least the mess stays together ;)
  • Options
    @atomicblonde  welcome back!!! Hopefully your family visiting will be better this time :)
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2017
    Morning.  I ended up having yesterday off too.   The private party host thought the party was today, so it was moved.   It's been a long time since I had 2 days off.  While it was nice, it would have been better if I had advance notice so I could have done something.    Oh well, being lazy isn't all bad.

Niece leaves tomorrow.  Was happy to have her here, but looking forward to getting back to having the place to ourselves.    

I have lot of big hikes coming up. Some work related, others with just friends.  I'm killing the hiking this year and I feel amazing.   Never better.  Getting older doesn't have to be bad :)

So one of the new director's boys was fired yesterday.    About fucking time.  This kid was bad news, but the director kept covering for him.  Finally people stopped going to the director and right to HR.  HR had enough and fired him then told the director.    

Some things he did was sexual harassment (multiple women), making members feel uncomfortable, drove a cart in to a pond.  Mind you others have had cart accidents and were suspended for 2 days.  He's was "taken care of internally"   Meaning, not a damn thing was done.   He has fought with the kitchen staff.   Ignored DH when he has told him to follow ordering procedures.  DH isn't his boss, but is a director himself and as the head chef is to be listen to.  Especially by a server.  If the chef says this is how you place an order, you better place the order that way.  

His manager (who is just as bad) and the director just ignored everything.  Made everyone feel like they were overreacting.     It was getting bad.   Finally HR had enough.  I guess the final straw was him being high at work.   Which is sad that sexual harassment wasn't taken as seriously.  

Makes me being taking into the GM's office and spoken to in front of my husband, HR, board members and the director seem even more ridiculous than it already was.      Although the GM has been overly nice to me lately.   Keeps saying how great I am.     Maybe he has stopped drinking the new director's cool-aid

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Thanks @short+sassy, I get the family stuff but not to check is frustrating. We finally heard from her this morning and TBH she seemed a little annoyed at our questions. I just want someone who is going to stay in touch, even if not much is happening. Ugh, this whole process is terrible. 

Welcome back @atomicblonde hopefully your boss ends up being more Remus Lupin than Gilderoy Lockheart. H and I both got jobs in Buffalo; I'm working as a research fellow at a nonprofit agency that works to empower women and provides the largest number of domestic violence programs in the county. As of this morning I've also accepted a position at the university here as a clinical assistant professor. H is working for a tech company, he started Monday!
  • Options
    @atomicblonde

You just came up in a post about missing Knottie's - glad you were able to pop back in!  Good luck with the new boss - and the spiders, gross!

• Options
    Hi.  In teacher inservice.   Yay.  Someone rescue me.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, that's awesome! Congrats! Your non profit sounds like an amazing agency. Good luck with two full-time jobs!

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    @atomicblonde your yard sounds like my biggest nightmare. 

Today I am going to lunch with some friends. Then I'm going with my parents to hear the results of my dad's biopsy. I feel so bad for my dad. He is beyond stressed out. 

Other than that, not too much else going on today. My SIJ has flared up again so I can barely walk, but I'm hoping if I rest it today and tomorrow I'll at least be okay with some ibuprofen help at work on Friday. 

• Options
    @charlotte989875 is there any one else in her office? I would definitely be concerned with no contact for a week when the property is fresh on the market and you had a bunch of showings. 

@MissKittyDanger I don't like the Disney thing since I have a kid now and I'm sure at some point in the next few years I'd want to be able to pull up a kid movie quickly. I don't see me subscribing to it unless it is super cheap. Although I may change my mind for some peace and quiet in a few years!

@kimmiinthemitten was the other gig with your friend's company/catering place? 
  • Options
    @kvruns  I'm a child at heart and M and I have decided to attempt at "Sunday Evening/Afternoon Movie" and typically it's Disney. It'll be something we'd wanna continue with a kid, so we'll end up subscribing. But same, hoping it's not expensive :(
  • Options

@atomicblonde, it's so good to see pop in and update us on what you've been up to!  I know you weren't too fond of your last boss so, hopefully this one will turn out to be better.  But I know what you mean about getting a bad vibe.  I think that's often a person's subconscious picking up on something that their conscious mind is not.

@MissKittyDanger, I have a large wicker basket I do the same thing with, lol.

@lyndausvi, wow!  Good riddance to bad rubbish.  But that is awful it took so long for the problem to be addressed.  I was a co-manager for a big gas station/convenience store, way back when.  A manager at another store had three employees band together and sue him and the company for harassment.  Not sexual harassment, but still.  Though he was sleeping with a coworker half his age and she had a lot of "special treatment" at work that nobody else did.  At any rate, a lawsuit by multiple employees!?!?  So, of course they fired this guy right?  Nope.  They just moved him to my store.  Awesome.  Because he and our regional manager had been BFFs for years.  In fact, he'd gotten him the job to begin with.

I reported him to HR for calling one of our Hispanic employees a "puta" (whore in Spanish.  I was impressed he found a way to be both sexist and racist all in one word//sarcasm.  But then, he was obviously a high achiever when it came to being as inappropriate as possible.  About a month later, corporate people came in and took each employee aside and asked questions like if they had any problems with customers/vendors/ and/or other employees.  Though no questions were specifically asked about him and I don't know if it was related to him.  Although it was my strong suspicion.  Either way, nothing was done.

@charlotte989875, that's frustrating to hear.  To me, the biggest part of any realtor's job is communicating/keeping in touch with their clients.  And, especially in this day and age with e-mail/texting, it really isn't that hard.  Some people need more help and hand holding than others (not saying you are in that category).  It's all part of the job.  One of these days, I'm going to become a RE Agent and I'll show them all how it's done, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @kvruns yes it is.  Technically I haven't turned it down yet, we're having dinner tonight where I'm going to help her put together a job description for the current sales rep and tell her that I'm not confident boss can pay what I'm asking for.  I'm sending it in tomorrow and would rather give her the heads up first.

@charlotte989875 I mean both of those jobs sound super bad ass though!  And this gives you an easy out to avoid ex-BF!
  • Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    @atomicblonde welcome back.  We just got back from a safari in East Africa, so let me know if you want/need recommendations.  Flights were crazy, but it was so worth the cost.  But our safari tour company seemed to be better than many of the others, based on the vehicle we were in (4x4 safari truck versus what looked like mini vans)

@lyndausvi how can you drive a cart into a pond and not get fired??

• Options
    @atomicblonde welcome back.  We just got back from a safari in East Africa, so let me know if you want/need recommendations.  Flights were crazy, but it was so worth the cost.  But our safari tour company seemed to be better than many of the others, based on the vehicle we were in (4x4 safari truck versus what looked like mini vans)

@lyndausvi how can you drive a cart into a pond and not get fired??

I was wondering the same thing!  Her post made it sound like it isn't necessarily an unusual circumstance, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm here.  Not much going on today. SSDD

Yoga after work.  I'm debating between a Target run and a Wegmans run during lunch.  I think Wegmans is going to win out though!

• Options
    So, I'm now having a small panic attack for the stupidest reason.  I just did a quick search out of boredom and found out that my first house (the best duplex ever) is back on the market.  I loved that house.  I sold it when DH and I bought and moved into our current house.  I just want to buy it back and paint over the ugly green wall they put in and go take better care of it than the current owners have been.