New York-Long Island
Options

Searching for UNIQUE VENUES IN the NY/Long Island Area

Does anyone have any suggestions on places that they would recommend for a wedding venue catering to approximately 320 guests?  We are looking for an elegant place that has great food, atmosphere, possibilities for pictures, and on site ceremony.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Re: Searching for UNIQUE VENUES IN the NY/Long Island Area

• Options
    edited December 2011

I love my venue - although I am uncertain if it can fit that many people - Giorgios at Fox Hill.

I'm not sure your price point, but some of the places that I visited that I would think are worth taking a look at are:

Woodbury Country Club
    Woodlands
    East Winds

Oh there is also a place in Port Washington called Harbor Links - It is BEAUTIFUL

AND - All of the vineyards out east are quite unique - some require a site fee, so that is something you would have to look into.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for UNIQUE...most places out here are mostly traditional. They all kind of look the same. I would have to say go further out east. I can send you a bunch of ideas since I have helped many friends plan Long Island weddings and I even have lists of repeat vendors for many of those friends weddings.

Martha Clara Vineyards - this is my fave so far although I am unsure of capacity. I think the last wedding I helped organize there was about 175 guests. It seemed like they could handle more no problem. Especially if it were an indoor/outdoor wedding.

You can send me an email if you want some help. My wedding is not for another 1 year 2 months and I am all booked up and ready to go. So, I have some time. I love doing this. My email is karenarnoldmaine@gmail.com

Best.
    Karen
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind outside, google Driftwood Farms in Orient, it's unlimited space and the most beautiful place I saw, just outside of our budget.

We got married at East Wind in Wading River and they can accommodate your guest size. Our day was amazing and we had our ceremony and photos there.

Vineyards can be a good option, but none of them can house that many people inside. They generally offer tented receptions though that can hold any amount of people. Here's a list compiled with the LI Wine Council with most of the vineyards and what they can/can't offer: http://www2.timesreview.com/WP/Stories/WP101510_wedding_guide
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Try the Fox Hollow. Their Garden Terrace room holds up to 350. We chose there because they have everything (space, catering, linens, etc...) like a conventional catering hall, but the setting is much more cozy than most. The gardens and bell tower are absolutely beautiful as well.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we just booked crest hollow country club,  not sure about your price however but there are so many to look at in l.i.   
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know one of the girls suggested Martha Clara Vineyards - but you have to be careful. A friend of mine got married in one of the vineyards - and paid 10k for a site fee ALONE. That's not including the price per person!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kttestkttest member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are open to Brooklyn, my venue was elegant, modern and amazing! The food was excellent.  They can accomodate over 300 and do ceremonies on site, they have great bridal suites as well.

Stage 6 at Steiner Studios
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/abigail-kirsch-at-stage-6-steiner-studios-brooklyn

GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    marina del rey in the bronx.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im getting married at Woodbury Country Club (LI). The place is AMAZING. I think they can accomodate up to 400 people? Definitely check them out.
    xo Alia
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    XxKrazy4uXxKrazy4u member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you want something really different...try Atlantis Aquarium. Im getting married there in May of next year. the per person fee was not bad and it included almost everything. all i had to book was a DJ and Photographer/Videographer.
    We also went with a florist to do our centerpieces which they did offer to include but we arent using. our cake is also included.
    we have about 200 people coming and the wedding is costing us under 27K and its been stress free so far. plus you can even tie the knot under water in the shark tank! they are building a huge center next door so since your party is very large, you may or may not fit in the aquarium itself. but the hotel is right there which is nice and convenient for your guests also and its off the water. they shut the whole place down just for u. i cant wait for my wedding. the place was amazing when i went to the bridal show there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards