Wedding Woes

The real Thursday!

2»

Re: The real Thursday!

• yeah.  wow.  $600 is a LOT to pay for an ottoman. Mine was $97 from amazon WITH shipping (no, not real leather) 

• Update on the cow ottoman I posted about.  Apparently, it's real leather and they paid $600 for it, so they're 'not willing to negotiate at all at this point.  Maybe I'll try again closer to the end of the garage sale.  $600???????  I can't imaging paying that much for something to put my feet up on
    They probably overstretched a bit and now are trying to recoup some of the cost. In my experience, people who regularly spend that much on something like an ottoman would never have a garage sale. They'd just throw it away. Ex. "Dumpster diving" the day after Christmas in Newport/laguna beach is a real thing here because people will literally throw away things like full sets of golf clubs/surfboards/etc just because they got a newer one. The items will be in perfect condition. You don't even have to "dive." They're just sitting out, propped by the trash. It's crazy. I mean, I would totally spend $600 on an ottoman if I had the cash, but that money has to go to things like food and rent instead. Lol. 

• Hi @holyguacamole79 and fellow Knotties,

Yes, I'm as ready as I'll every be right now. Nervous and feeling a little cabin fever. But I have everything I need at the moment for the weekend.

I hope @holyguacamole79 and any other Texans are ready for Harvey.