Wedding Woes

TGIF!!!

2»

Re: TGIF!!!

• edited August 2017
    Hi!!!  So far we're fine.  I'm in the northwest Houston suburbs, so the destruction last night didn't affect us.  We got 3.5 inches of rain overnight. Dogs were scared, but otherwise okay.  The real "test" will be this next week.  It has the potential to flood a lot, and there's a lot of uncertainty.

For now, some hurricane humor  ..... 
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154724699192093&id=203055485347
  • Hi!!!  So far we're fine.  I'm in the northwest Houston suburbs, so the destruction last night didn't affect us.  We got 3.5 inches of rain overnight. Dogs were scared, but otherwise okay.  The real "test" will be this next week.  It has the potential to flood a lot, and there's a lot of uncertainty.

For now, some hurricane humor  ..... 
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154724699192093&id=203055485347
    Glad to hear you're safe!! Please continue to be careful in the days to come.  
  • edited August 2017
    Sending positive vibes for your brother, @kimmiinthemitten!

Sending positive vibes to you, @CMGragain. Be good to yourself and let DH take care of you.
  • edited August 2017
    I stayed at the gallery reopening for a little over an hour, before it got too crowded for me. I love the place and hope FW feels the same way.

ETA: FW loved the pictures and now wants to have both the ceremony and the reception there. Just have to see whether the restaurant we were planning to go to will cater off-premises.
  • I'm so sorry, @kimmiinthemitten. I'm sending your brother good vibes. I know how hard it is to stay sober, especially after a loss. 

• Thanks for the Knottie vibes. We just heard from him for the first time since Thursday, he texted my mom and asked her to order him a pizza. So he's alive, but probably not sober.
  • How's our Texas ladies?  Just heard from my cousins daughter that they had 6 hours of Tornado warnings last night and their neighborhood is flooded (Houston). 
  • @kimmiinthemitten, one of the tornadoes was 10 miles from us.  I was taking a nap and had no idea until I woke up and my phone had exploded with text messages checking up.  DH was keeping an eye on the tracker and said we were fine. 

We are INCREDIBLY fortunate.  The most water on our street was up to my ankles.  I know peoe who have been rescued by boat / canoe.  

Here's the forecast through next week. 

Thanks for asking.  It's crazy scary. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten, one of the tornadoes was 10 miles from us.  I was taking a nap and had no idea until I woke up and my phone had exploded with text messages checking up.  DH was keeping an eye on the tracker and said we were fine. 

We are INCREDIBLY fortunate.  The most water on our street was up to my ankles.  I know peoe who have been rescued by boat / canoe.  

Here's the forecast through next week. 

Thanks for asking.  It's crazy scary. 
    Yikes!!!! Stay safe!! Thank you for updating us :-) thinking of you and all our Texas knotties 
  • Really hoping you all are staying safe down there @holyguacamole79 and @Jen4948
  • Thanks.  It's just so scary. I'm about to turn off the news.  Most schools (including ours) cancelled class through next week. 
  • @holyguacamole79 glad you're okay!  @jen4948 @*barbie* any updates

My cousin from above has had school cancelled through Sept 5!
  • Hope all the Texas Knotties are okay!!

Got negative. So either I messed up the dates, or my body is fucking confused :| 
    I picked up a double test pack, so giving a few days - testing again and regardless making dr appt
  • Jen4948 said:
    This is the view from my window:

I'm hanging tough. Haven't lost power, internet, heat or water and I have food. But some of my friends have been flooded out and one family had to be airlifted. They're now safe but it's scary as hell.
    I was thinking of you today! Thank you for keeping us posted! Glad you are okay and are still with heat/water/electricity/internet. Stay safe!!
  • edited August 2017
    Wow! So glad you are safe, @holyguacamole79 and @Jen4948! Please keep us posted.
  • Glad to hear you're making it through @Jen4948!
  • I can't believe I didn't read your post earlier, @*Barbie*! I'm glad you all are safe too. Please keep us posted.