Favors

Do I REALLY need them?

knottie1027knottie1027 member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited August 2017 in Favors
I am so confused on what to do. Initially I was going to have favors at my wedding. The BM was making wine for us, so the cost was never included in my budget. However, the wine didn't pan out. Not a big deal. As usual, costs are adding up and I'm trying to be creative. I have always intended to have a food truck at the wedding as a late night snack. This will be in addition to dessert. Can this count as a 'favor'? 
I mistakenly mentioned it around FMIL and she felt very strongly about having favors. So my question is, how necessary are they? Will anyone else notice they are missing/care? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do I REALLY need them?

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    A late night snack is a late night snack- they're pretty common at weddings and I wouldn't consider it a favor.  You definitely don't need a favor though!  They're a good thing to cut from the budget if things are getting a bit tight.  

• Favours not required. 
  • We didn't have favors and nobody seemed to notice. In my opinion, it's the first thing to eliminate if you're concerned about your budget. They are 100% optional.
  • @missJeanLouise
    I'm trying to avoid going down that road. I rather skip them than have to collaborate with her on what to give out as a favor. 

I'm not concerned about the budget YET, however, if it can be cut I rather just do it before it becomes a concern. No need to spend extra $$ if it's not necessary. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @missJeanLouise
    I'm trying to avoid going down that road. I rather skip them than have to collaborate with her on what to give out as a favor. 

I'm not concerned about the budget YET, however, if it can be cut I rather just do it before it becomes a concern. No need to spend extra $$ if it's not necessary. 

Stuck in the box.

yeah, if it were me and my MIL, I wouldn't try to coordinate, I would just let her go. Her money, her "need", her decision.

FTR, i am not trying to push favors. We skipped them. 
  • Not necessary! We weren't going to have them until almost the last minute, and picked a pretty low key option. If you do go down that route, edible favors are typically the favorites :) We did Girl Scout cookies and had almost none left. If you choose something non-food, be prepared to take a bunch of whatevers home with you.
  • Favors aren't required.
  • When we moved, I can't tell you how many useless decorative favors I threw into the trash!  You don't need them.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Favors aren't necessary. Skip them. The food truck is a nice touch.

• Thanks for your input! I'm down to the wire and haven't done them yet, not really feeling up to it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also wanted to chime in that favors aren't necessary.  I don't think a food truck is a replacement for favors but, as a guest, I'd rather have a food truck with some surprise late night goodies than something like a koozy to add to my dozens, with the couple's names and wedding date on it.

If you all do decide on favors, "food" ones are typically the most popular.  I wasn't going to do favors but then, about 3 weeks out, I thought it would be fun to bring pralines.  A local specialty for where I live, but my wedding was OOT.  It was about $200 for three dozen each of three flavors.  We had at least half left over anyway.

Wedding Countdown Ticker