Wedding Woes

Bonus: 4 women in the world

Dear Jane,

I’ve been in a relationship for over a year. I’m a 35-year-old man, she’s a 24-year-old woman. I am completely in love with her. It is because I love that I overlook what some might say is suspicious behavior. She forbade me from posting any photos of us together on social media, she lives with her father and I am not allowed to visit their home (I own my own home so we’re okay there), I support her in many ways financially (I pay for her car insurance and miscellaneous bills), I am absent-minded and at times have difficulty hearing (I suffer from anxiety, it could be the cause) and she has a very short temper with me. I love her with all my heart but I feel like I have a pet tiger (if I’m not careful I’m going to be torn apart). Am I being used? Am I too old and this is how young people act? My mind is telling me these things but my heart just doesn’t care. What should I do?

Re: Bonus: 4 women in the world

• mrsconn23 said:

Dear Jane,

I’ve been in a relationship for over a year. I’m a 35-year-old man, she’s a 24-year-old woman. I am completely in love with her. It is because I love that I overlook what some might say is suspicious behavior. She forbade me from posting any photos of us together on social media, she lives with her father and I am not allowed to visit their home (I own my own home so we’re okay there), I support her in many ways financially (I pay for her car insurance and miscellaneous bills), I am absent-minded and at times have difficulty hearing (I suffer from anxiety, it could be the cause) and she has a very short temper with me. I love her with all my heart but I feel like I have a pet tiger (if I’m not careful I’m going to be torn apart). Am I being used? Am I too old and this is how young people act? My mind is telling me these things but my heart just doesn’t care. What should I do?

Her "father" may be sad to see you break up with his baby girl but I think it's for the best if you tell her to move on. 
  • This is not how all young people act; it's suspicious and if you want to stay with her get to the bottom of it. But being afraid she'll "attack" is not a healthy way to have a relationship. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

Dear Jane,

YES.  #runnoft
  • Um, you are probably a sugar daddy dating a bratty young lady who is in an actual relationship with whoever she lives with (probably NOT her father). Break up before you waste any more time.
    I'm thinking either this or she's lying about her age and is actually a minor.
  • Um, you are probably a sugar daddy dating a bratty young lady who is in an actual relationship with whoever she lives with (probably NOT her father). Break up before you waste any more time.
    I'm thinking either this or she's lying about her age and is actually a minor.
    So maybe he really IS her father. 
  • This woman is cheating on someone else with you and/or lying about her age. Get out and get out NOW!