Wedding Woes

Tuesday?

Helloooo? Anyone here? 

DH should be hearing any time now about his background check for the new place.  He's in pins and needles.  ;)  He's dying to have a 'keys on the roof' moment. 

Other than that, SSDD. 

Re: Tuesday?

• Good luck to your H. SSDD here too. Volunteering this afternoon, went to the gym this morning. Returning to the normal schedule. Have to clear out bathroom cabinets today because plumbers are coming to install new fixtures tomorrow! Yay!!
  • Barely alive this morning. Urg ... dragging ass. Allergies also bad today so that's not helping.
    I keep bending my broken toe, so M is buddy taping it tonight for stability.

SSDD
  • better enough that I am indeedy going to work tomorrow.  fingers crossed.
    I need to go to the grocery store and am delaying

• I'm here with a cold, but here.
  • Class day for work today. I'm here early even with my Starbucks stop. I'm so ready for a break. I have school tomorrow too. I might just pass out on Thursday. I think a massage is in order. Otherwise, SSDD. 

• @southernbelle0915 I love when I finally get the urge to do something I have been putting off. Especially reorganizing, so satisfying!
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    whoo hoo! hope all goes well @mrsconn23
    @missjeanlouise, salsa dancing sounds fun! I dont think if H would go, but it would be something for us to do.

I went to bed way to early last night and woke up at 4:45. I started to bake cupcakes for my H, only to find that my oven shuts down if it's anything under 400, and these were supposed to bake at 350.  I've had problems with it since DAY ONE. It was a housewarming gift from my parents 2.5 years ago and they feel so bad because I got it fixed right before the 1 year warranty was up, and it crapped out again.  It will be $300 to fix with part/labor and $500 to buy new.  Since it's been problematic since day one, I have opted to buy new but it won't be at best buy.  FUCK BEST BUY.  I have had nothing but problems with them.

Sears has free delivery, installation and a good sale, but I won't get the new oven till the 29th!  Also, took a lot out of my savings :(  (I got the 5 year warranty after dealing with this nightmare) I hate adulting.  I wanted to iphone x!

• I'm here.  Feeling better today and back in the office.  Trying to work through a small project to get back to my larger one that needs to be completed next Wednesday.  I've been able to get some help with my larger project thankfully!

Not sure what is going on tonight.  If my friend is up for it, I will go visit her and her new baby boy!

• @CharmedPam it was a beginners class but everyone else had obviously been before so it went quite fast and was HARD! Lol! I give DH mad props for going but I don't think I could get him to go again. Sorry to hear about your oven troubles. FX for the next one!
  • So my SIL is pregnant and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Her husband is H's younger brother. We're not salty that they got pregnant before us (we haven't been trying; I have a list of things to do before then so we're thinking in a few months). I think it's more like...she is honest to goodness one of the laziest & selfish people I have ever known. We went to the beach with them a few weeks ago and she did not lift a single finger the whole weekend (not even easy things like "hey can you carry those life jackets up to the house?"). She told my BIL she "doesn't work on vacation." I don't know how to say this delicately, but I think her mom married men who took care of her (SIL's dad & then step dad), so it might be a learned behavior? I hope having a baby brings positive change, but I just see it being a ton of work for BIL. 

Also @missJeanLouise We're ok here in central NC, just rain! Friends & family in GA, AL & FL are safe. GA has been getting buckets of rain & a few things are closed (schools, offices, etc), my sister in AL has no power. One of my friends in Tampa is back to work already too, but working from home since her office has no power. 
  • @charmedpam I had the same problem with a lawn mower. My parents got it for me as a housewarming gift and it was a lemon. It was fixed a couple times under warranty but always gave me problems and I eventually bought a new one. They felt so bad because they picked it out. 

Think I have a cold or something coming on - headache, sore throat, ear fullness. I seem to have it for 1-2 weeks, then a 2 week break, then it comes back. Rinse repeat. 

Starting to purge baby stuff.  He's only 9.5 months old and has a ton of stuff. I need to get rid of stuff to make room for new clothes, etc. So annoying
  • I asked DH if the son of FIL's boss checked in on FB yet and so far nothing.   Marathon Key just got hit so hard and I hope this guy is OK. 

I got a call that Chiquita cut her hair.  We've been growing out her fucked up bangs since she chopped them 18 months ago and now I see THIS. 
  • banana468 said:
    I asked DH if the son of FIL's boss checked in on FB yet and so far nothing.   Marathon Key just got hit so hard and I hope this guy is OK. 

I got a call that Chiquita cut her hair.  We've been growing out her fucked up bangs since she chopped them 18 months ago and now I see THIS. 
    Probably only funny because it's not my child....but I'm dying. And she's adorable! 

One time as a kid I cut a few chunks out of my bangs and taped them to a present for my grandma as a "decoration." She thought it was hilarious, but my mom was ready to kill me. IIRC, it was near school picture day too.
  • @banana468 she looks defiantly pleased with this recent decision. Kids....!! :D
    *********************************************************************************

• @missjeanlouise, thanks! I'll need it.  I was going to get a new stove in the spring but this one worked "every so often".  Just over 400 degrees.  And only when it wanted to.  I don't think I ever got it to work twice in a 24 hour period! Sorry about the lawnmower too. I bought one but then just started to pay someone to do it for me.  Glad I didn't invest too too much into one. lol

@chiquitabanana29! time for Chiquita to stay away from the scissors. haha!  I did my own bangs once too.  And as soon as I cut them, I hated them! I just couldn't wait for a hair appointment.  Do all kids do this?

• Banana!! Oh nooooo!! Luckily she is so cute it doesn't matter. ;) 

Glad to hear you're okay @ahoywedding
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited September 2017

Mildly bad news...the entire month of August was Coolinary.  Which means a bunch of local restaurants do special prix fixe menus.  Typically great deals and a good way to explore a restaurant you've been wanting to try and/or a great way to enjoy a fave restaurant that is typically spendy.

They do it every year in August.  Except I totally forgot about it this year, somehow didn't see any advertisements, and missed it.  Argh!

Consolation prize.  This week is "Restaurant Week".  Same idea, but only one week.  I spent last night going through the participating restaurants and what they are offering.  Wrote down my targets.

Hmmm...must hone down my list of targets.  There are only so many meals in one week, lol.  Already warned H we're going on a lot of date nights in the very near future!

Edited to add:

Whomp, whomp to the finances yesterday :(.  Though not unexpected.  $1275 for 10 boxes of insulin pens!  I did have a rare special promo code.  I use one box about every 3 weeks, so it will at least last me about 8-9 months.  I buy them in bulk from Canada because I'm paranoid a day will come when either Canada or the U.S. will ban any medical drugs from being exported/imported.

Or that this company will grossly raise their prices.  They are literally the only ones out there selling these for a price I can afford ($130/box).  Other Canadian companies sell each box for $350-$550.  In the U.S., they are $500-$550/box.    

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Luckily we were going to go for a haircut this weekend.   Her hair is super long so I'm going to ask a stylist for a recommendation to start to camouflage the offending center area.    
  • SSDD I have a work thing out of town on Thursday, so DD and I are leaving after work tomorrow, plus a wedding in the same area as the work thing, so we'll stay through the weekend.
    My next 5 days:

Today: Work, pack up, get a giant stroller in a tiny car.

Wednesday: Work, leave early, pick up DD and drive 1.5 hours, drop her off and attend work dinner, spend the night at SIL's.

Thursday: Work conference all day, hangout at SIL's and stay the night there with DD.

Friday: Morning at SIL's, pick up ice cream cake, help out with wedding setup, DD's birthday party at a corn maze, eat cake, head to wedding venue.

Saturday: Help with last minute wedding stuff (which I anticipate a lot of), head back to SIL's to shower, get dressed and ready, wedding, bring DD back to SIL's so DH and I can both be less responsible at said "honour bar" wedding - we're bringing our own drinks.

Sunday: Pick up DD, back to wedding venue for pancake breakfast (which I'm sure is a guise to get us to help with cleanup), pack up trailer and head home.

I am not excited.

edited September 2017

Mildly bad news...the entire month of August was Coolinary.  Which means a bunch of local restaurants do special prix fixe menus.  Typically great deals and a good way to explore a restaurant you've been wanting to try and/or a great way to enjoy a fave restaurant that is typically spendy.

They do it every year in August.  Except I totally forgot about it this year, somehow didn't see any advertisements, and missed it.  Argh!

Consolation prize.  This week is "Restaurant Week".  Same idea, but only one week.  I spent last night going through the participating restaurants and what they are offering.  Wrote down my targets.

Hmmm...must hone down my list of targets.  There are only so many meals in one week, lol.  Already warned H we're going on a lot of date nights in the very near future!

Edited to add:

Whomp, whomp to the finances yesterday :(.  Though not unexpected.  $1275 for 10 boxes of insulin pens!  I did have a rare special promo code.  I use one box about every 3 weeks, so it will at least last me about 8-9 months.  I buy them in bulk from Canada because I'm paranoid a day will come when either Canada or the U.S. will ban any medical drugs from being exported/imported.

Or that this company will grossly raise their prices.  They are literally the only ones out there selling these for a price I can afford ($130/box).  Other Canadian companies sell each box for $350-$550.  In the U.S., they are $500-$550/box.    

first bolded:  That will not be a problem for me
    second bolded: holy crap that's expensive!  Thanks for opening my eyes on the cost.  My doctor said I'm headed towards insulin (I'm type 2) but she's trying a medication first.  Since Friday I have been really trying to eat well but it's SO FREAKING HARD since health food does not fill me up.

• All the good vibes to your H, mrscoon! 

Starting to feel like I'm in nesting mode, which is really odd because I'm only right on the 1st/2nd trimester border. I basically reorganized our entire basement last night, which....well let's just say it has been kind of serving as an "I'll get to it later" dumping group" and mostly untouched for almost 5 years. :o It felt really good, but now I'm just feeling like I need to go through all the stuff I organized and do a massive purge. 
    I got the nesting urge right around that time too. As a result the nursery was done by the end of my second trimester and once I was around 33 weeks and really starting to not feel well, I could just relax because everything was pretty much done. Make sure you take time to rest as well! 
  • So glad to hear the good Beagle news @VarunaTT!

Busy day at work, multiple meetings and H was cranky this morning because he has a ridiculous three hour team building exercise tonight from 6-9. We both keep forgetting to pick up coffee filters so I had to work in coffee stops today. Other than that just trying to keep all the balls in the air while feeling like I'm constantly forgetting something important. 
  • Hmmm...must hone down my list of targets.  There are only so many meals in one week, lol.  Already warned H we're going on a lot of date nights in the very near future!

Edited to add:

second bolded: holy crap that's expensive!  Thanks for opening my eyes on the cost.  My doctor said I'm headed towards insulin (I'm type 2) but she's trying a medication first.  Since Friday I have been really trying to eat well but it's SO FREAKING HARD since health food does not fill me up.

I can give you a couple bright sides.  If you do end up needing some insulin to supplement your medication, it would probably be a lot less than what I take.  For Type I, there are no pills that help blood sugar.  Insulin is it and the only way to control blood sugar levels.

There are also much cheaper insulin options, but they are "old fashioned".  The "old" types are classified as R, N, and (I think) 70/30.  At Wal-mart, the vials are $26/each.  One vial is the same amount of insulin as in one box of pens.

Prepare to learn way more than you probably want to know about insulin options, lol.

Oh! I don't want to be confusing, but it isn't just the delivery system that is different, ie pens vs. vial/syringe.  The insulin pens (and it can also come in a vial, that's almost as expensive) are a newer, more advanced type of insulin as compared to "R" insulin.  It's a much quicker acting insulin and makes managing blood sugars 10x easier.  It's both in my system and out of my system faster than the old-fashioned "R".  This faster insulin is closer to how insulin normally works in a person's body.

Heck, I spent my first 8 years or so as a diabetic using the old "R" and "N".  Because that was all that existed, other than insulin pumps.  And, when I'm unemployed, I go back to them.  But it isn't pretty.  My blood sugar range runs both higher and lower than when I'm on the "fast" version.

With all that said, if you're only taking a little bit of insulin 1-2x/day, it would probably be a lot easier for you to get away with the older versions than it is for me.  Something to discuss with your doctor if you have a ridiculously high deductible on your insurance plan.  Like I do (sigh). 

----------------------------------------------------------------

As for food, I'm not sure if you've seen a nutritionist or what your doctor has recommended, but I find low-fat proteins to be a lifesaver.  I know everyone is different, but food like chicken and fish go a long way for me, hunger-wise.  Although it is high in fat, even a bit of peanut butter or handful of nuts are great snacks to stave off hunger until my next meal.

Or maybe try six mini-meals?  I've heard a lot of recommendations for that.

Or dishes you do like and that do fill you up, but adjusted to lower the fat and calories.  For example, I love tuna or chicken salad.  Very healthy...with the MAJOR exception of lots of mayo.  That sends it into the "most unhealthy meal ever" category.  So I make it with low-fat or fat-free mayo.  I haven't tried plain Greek yogurt yet, but I've heard that's another awesome sub for mayo. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited September 2017

Edited to add:

I can give you a couple bright sides.  If you do end up needing some insulin to supplement your medication, it would probably be a lot less than what I take.  For Type I, there are no pills that help blood sugar.  Insulin is it and the only way to control blood sugar levels.

There are also much cheaper insulin options, but they are "old fashioned".  The "old" types are classified as R, N, and (I think) 70/30.  At Wal-mart, the vials are $26/each.  One vial is the same amount of insulin as in one box of pens.

Prepare to learn way more than you probably want to know about insulin options, lol.

Oh! I don't want to be confusing, but it isn't just the delivery system that is different, ie pens vs. vial/syringe.  The insulin pens (and it can also come in a vial, that's almost as expensive) are a newer, more advanced type of insulin as compared to "R" insulin.  It's a much quicker acting insulin and makes managing blood sugars 10x easier.  It's both in my system and out of my system faster than the old-fashioned "R".  This faster insulin is closer to how insulin normally works in a person's body.

Heck, I spent my first 8 years or so as a diabetic using the old "R" and "N".  Because that was all that existed, other than insulin pumps.  And, when I'm unemployed, I go back to them.  But it isn't pretty.  My blood sugar range runs both higher and lower than when I'm on the "fast" version.

With all that said, if you're only taking a little bit of insulin 1-2x/day, it would probably be a lot easier for you to get away with the older versions than it is for me.  Something to discuss with your doctor if you have a ridiculously high deductible on your insurance plan.  Like I do (sigh). 

----------------------------------------------------------------

As for food, I'm not sure if you've seen a nutritionist or what your doctor has recommended, but I find low-fat proteins to be a lifesaver.  I know everyone is different, but food like chicken and fish go a long way for me, hunger-wise.  Although it is high in fat, even a bit of peanut butter or handful of nuts are great snacks to stave off hunger until my next meal.

Or maybe try six mini-meals?  I've heard a lot of recommendations for that.

Or dishes you do like and that do fill you up, but adjusted to lower the fat and calories.  For example, I love tuna or chicken salad.  Very healthy...with the MAJOR exception of lots of mayo.  That sends it into the "most unhealthy meal ever" category.  So I make it with low-fat or fat-free mayo.  I haven't tried plain Greek yogurt yet, but I've heard that's another awesome sub for mayo. 

I was diagnosed in 2014 I think, with type 2.  It was SUCH a scare and one of my friends' moms emailed me and said 'don't follow the diabetic association diet. do low carb!"

And I did.  And I worked out a lot.  I lost 50 lbs, and when I went back to the doctor she was blown away because it was under control.  She even said "wow, you should start a support group to teach others you're doing so good!"

and then I plateaued.  And then I met now DH....and I fell off that wagon so hard it's not even in sight anymore. I stopped working out, started to eat carbs and sugary stuff here and there. My numbers creeped up and they're now higher than when I was first diagnosed.  So I am in scare #2 and on Friday, when she mentioned kidney failure and insulin and organs going I decided to do low carb again.  But it's just NOT filling me up. Carbs fill me up.  I am also seeing if I can get approved for the gastric sleeve.  I would LOVE it if only meat and veggies did fill me up!

edit for: And thanks for those tips.  I'm not usually a red meat person, I eat it maybe 1 a week?  I have chicken here at work, with (regular) mayo that I mix together for chicken salad and then put it on bagel thins (20 net g of carbs).  When I say low carb, I shoot for under 40g's per meal 

• I was diagnosed in 2014 I think, with type 2.  It was SUCH a scare and one of my friends' moms emailed me and said 'don't follow the diabetic association diet. do low carb!"

And I did.  And I worked out a lot.  I lost 50 lbs, and when I went back to the doctor she was blown away because it was under control.  She even said "wow, you should start a support group to teach others you're doing so good!"

and then I plateaued.  And then I met now DH....and I fell off that wagon so hard it's not even in sight anymore. I stopped working out, started to eat carbs and sugary stuff here and there. My numbers creeped up and they're now higher than when I was first diagnosed.  So I am in scare #2 and on Friday, when she mentioned kidney failure and insulin and organs going I decided to do low carb again.  But it's just NOT filling me up. Carbs fill me up.  I am also seeing if I can get approved for the gastric sleeve.  I would LOVE it if only meat and veggies did fill me up!

edit for: And thanks for those tips.  I'm not usually a red meat person, I eat it maybe 1 a week?  I have chicken here at work, with (regular) mayo that I mix together for chicken salad and then put it on bagel thins (20 net g of carbs).  When I say low carb, I shoot for under 40g's per meal 

I'm actually the opposite.  Carbs will fill me up, but only briefly.  Protein is my long lasting "full".  Carbs are my "Chinese food" in that way, lol.

I'm also lucky in that I've really never had much of a sweet tooth.  Even before I was diagnosed.  So I don't think it was as hard for me to give up that kind of stuff as it probably is for most people.  And I'm not going to lie.  I occasionally have a few bites of dessert or a mini candy bar or other stuff I'm not supposed to have.  But I keep it "once in awhile" and small portions.  And just take more insulin to cover the increase in sugar grams. 

The biggest and only thing I miss not being able to have on a regular basis?  100% juice drinks.  OJ.  Pineapple juice.  Apple juice.  All the juices.  If it is squeezed from a fruit, I want it!

If you haven't already, I'd recommend talking to a nutritionist.  I saw one when I was first diagnosed.  It was a great experience.  The first questions she asked me where what were my favorite foods and what did I normally eat.  She then made suggestions based on the foods I liked and, if needed, tweaks I could make to lower their carb counts.

More examples/suggestions:

• Hamburger wrapped in lettuce instead of bread.  Or, what I actually do lol, I keep just enough bun on one side so I don't get my fingers dirty.  And rip almost all the rest of the bun off for that side.  I do similar things with hot dog buns and burritos.  Rip off excess bread/tortilla that isn't adding to the flavor.
    • For sandwich bread you buy at the store, read the list of ingredients.  For the majority, "sugar" is #2.  Avoid those.  Stick with breads that have no added sugar or it is further back on the list.  Hint: They're usually the "natural", preservative-free ones.
    • Same with peanut butter (if that's something you like).  Stick to the natural ones that don't have any sugar added.  If there isn't a layer of oil on top that needs to be stirred in, gua-ran-teed there is sugar in it. 
    • Pasta made with one of those veggie spiralizers instead of noodles.  You might be able to "trick" your brain.
    • Potatoes...maybe.  I remember my nutritionist telling me that potatoes are a mystery when it comes to blood sugar.  For some people, they have no effect at all.   For other people, they cause their blood sugar to sky rocket.
    • No sugar-added "sweet" foods.  Eeeeehhhhhhh.  Eh.  There are a lot of no sugar-added foods out there.  Even your grocery store bakery probably has a few pies/cookies like that out.  There is also a special section in the grocery store that has no sugar added candy and cookies.  For someone with more of a sweet tooth, those might satisfy nicely when you just need something that tastes sweet.  But I find those products to usually taste "off".  Not bad, just not quite right.  The texture is sometimes weird also.  Though, every once in awhile I'll come across a great one.
    • For the better no-sugar added options.  Ice cream actually comes pretty close.  And it comes in so many varieties of flavors...as long as it is vanilla or butter pecan, lol.  Jello and pudding are an almost perfect match to their sugar filled cousins.  If you have a Winn-Dixie grocery store near you, their no-sugar added oatmeal-raisin cookies absolutely blew me away.  Not so much that they are amazing cookies, but they taste exactly like cookies with sugar in them.  I am not kidding.  The first time I ate one, I was worried they'd been mislabeled and kept checking the ingredients.  And then kept checking my blood sugar.  JIC, lol.  But it was fine!
    • Lastly, no-sugar added does NOT mean low in fat or calories.

I remember you mentioning in some previous posts that you are considering a gastric sleeve.  I don't know much about them, but could see that helping if hunger pangs are a problem.

I realize this is a different and more extreme procedure, but I had a friend get gastric bypass a number of years ago.  I remember her telling me that, after the surgery, she was just never hungry.  She was only supposed to eat tiny portions a few times a day anyway, but said she often had to force herself just to eat those.  Though, over a long period of time, a bit of her appetite returned and she could eat larger portions.  Comparatively speaking anyway!  Her portions were still tiny.  She would still have a full meal, ie meat and two sides type thing, but each part of the meal was 3-4 bites. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited September 2017

More examples/suggestions:

• Hamburger wrapped in lettuce instead of bread.  Or, what I actually do lol, I keep just enough bun on one side so I don't get my fingers dirty.  And rip almost all the rest of the bun off for that side.  I do similar things with hot dog buns and burritos.  Rip off excess bread/tortilla that isn't adding to the flavor. I love doing this and usually an easy option when dining out
    • For sandwich bread you buy at the store, read the list of ingredients.  For the majority, "sugar" is #2.  Avoid those.  Stick with breads that have no added sugar or it is further back on the list.  Hint: They're usually the "natural", preservative-free ones. Yes. Although not really into bread, trader joe's makes a great all natural one with 4 g of carbs per slice.  albeit very small slice!
    • Same with peanut butter (if that's something you like).  Stick to the natural ones that don't have any sugar added.  If there isn't a layer of oil on top that needs to be stirred in, gua-ran-teed there is sugar in it.  I do love smuckers all natural, but I'm actually not big on peanut butter unless it's PB cups or flavored pb something.
    • Pasta made with one of those veggie spiralizers instead of noodles.  You might be able to "trick" your brain. I cannot be tricked like this! LOL.  I actually did buy a bunch of those shirataki noodles to replace with anything that needs it in my homechef meals.
    • Potatoes...maybe.  I remember my nutritionist telling me that potatoes are a mystery when it comes to blood sugar.  For some people, they have no effect at all.   For other people, they cause their blood sugar to sky rocket. I never tested potatoes when I did well on low carb years ago.  I'd love love love if I fit in the 'no effect at all' category. Did I mention love?
    • No sugar-added "sweet" foods.  Eeeeehhhhhhh.  Eh.  There are a lot of no sugar-added foods out there.  Even your grocery store bakery probably has a few pies/cookies like that out.  There is also a special section in the grocery store that has no sugar added candy and cookies.  For someone with more of a sweet tooth, those might satisfy nicely when you just need something that tastes sweet.  But I find those products to usually taste "off".  Not bad, just not quite right.  The texture is sometimes weird also.  Though, every once in awhile I'll come across a great one. yeah, the bakery items with no sugar added are good for less sugar, but still use flour and usually, it's not low carb.  Atkins has good treats I'll buy into from time to time. 
    • For the better no-sugar added options.  Ice cream actually comes pretty close.  And it comes in so many varieties of flavors...as long as it is vanilla or butter pecan, lol.  Jello and pudding are an almost perfect match to their sugar filled cousins.  If you have a Winn-Dixie grocery store near you, their no-sugar added oatmeal-raisin cookies absolutely blew me away.  Not so much that they are amazing cookies, but they taste exactly like cookies with sugar in them.  I am not kidding.  The first time I ate one, I was worried they'd been mislabeled and kept checking the ingredients.  And then kept checking my blood sugar.  JIC, lol.  But it was fine! wow, I want to to keep an eye out for those. We don't have winn-dixie :(
    • Lastly, no-sugar added does NOT mean low in fat or calories. No, it usually doesn't.  Wish it did!

I remember you mentioning in some previous posts that you are considering a gastric sleeve.  I don't know much about them, but could see that helping if hunger pangs are a problem.

I realize this is a different and more extreme procedure, but I had a friend get gastric bypass a number of years ago.  I remember her telling me that, after the surgery, she was just never hungry.  She was only supposed to eat tiny portions a few times a day anyway, but said she often had to force herself just to eat those.  Though, over a long period of time, a bit of her appetite returned and she could eat larger portions.  Comparatively speaking anyway!  Her portions were still tiny.  She would still have a full meal, ie meat and two sides type thing, but each part of the meal was 3-4 bites. 

So I had to go a psych e-val for this procedure and the psych doctor told me something in the bypass surgery HELPS bring blood sugars down for diabetics.  Not sure of the science behind it, he told me, but it does.  Odd.  I don't think I want to do bypass.  I know two people who have had bypass and both have gained the weight back.  I know four people who have done the lapband and all four look great, but apparently they're in the 'new stages' of this and my doc told me the results for lapband are not long lasting and he's had some people come back and ask for sleeve or bypass.  He urged me to do the sleeve when I went in for lapband.  Told me he got paid the same for either, but he's not a fan of lapband for some reason. I have meant to talk to one of my lapband surgery friends to ask her what she thinks of my doctor saying that, but haven't gotten around to it.

edit words