New York-Long Island

Baker on a budget?

Does anyone on LI have any reccommendations for a baker on a budget? My cake is not a big priority for me, as one comes with my catering package, but it's very simple without many options.  I'd like something a bit MORE, but I'm not interested in paying hundreds and thousands for it.  

Re: Baker on a budget?

• edited December 2011
    Have you thought of using a grocery store? Or a super wal-mart. Surprisingly enough they make wonderful cakes that taste good and look amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    There are so many amateur bakers out there that are trying to get into the market. Sometimes you can call the culinary schools and ask them about their recent graduates. Alot of them start their own companies and are looking for business. Try the Culinary Academy in Syosset or Boces Culinary school in Bohemia. I have a few friends that I can recommend to you if you would like. Shoot me a private message and I'd be happy to give you their information.
  • TheMrsPaulTheMrsPaul member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BJs, it sounds crazy but they do custom stuff too.  I was going to get a giant cupcake, but ended up making it myself.  I did however get all of my cupcakes from them and everyone raved how good they were.
  • mcgigi617mcgigi617 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

DreamCakes by Mary Ann and Rob has very nice cakes at very reasonable prices.  Check them out:  http//www.dreamcakesbymr.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards