New York-Long Island
Options

Swan Club

Hello everyone. I recently got engaged and searching for a venue in Long Island. What can you say about quality and quantity of food at the Swan Club? Thank You.

Re: Swan Club

• Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I don't recall the food being bad-so it was probably ok. I don't recall anything specifc so i guess it was average.
    my 2 complaints-the cocktail hour area is TINY and very cramped as was the room that the wedding we attended was held in. think can't get through when people are sitting at tables-the backs of the chairs were too close together. the grounds looked nice but the bride from our wedding was having issues with picures and another bridal party as they have more than one party at a time0which also makes the valet lines and bathroom lines longer.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    All in all it is a nice hall with pretty grounds.  The reception room is large enough and the food is decent.  (Though I recommend not choosing the chicken cordon bleu.)  The bathroom lines can get pretty long.  We had no problems with the valet.

I agree with the PP.  The cocktail hour room is tiny.  There aren't enough chairs or tables.  I think they expect guests to use the outdoor area but it is impossible to get from the serving station to the outdoors without tripping over other guests.  I would just be cautious with the number of guests and the size of that room.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked there for my wedding back in 2007. I think the grounds are nice, but for the price you can probably get a nicer place. (I also heard that the drinks are watered down) I ended up having my wedding at Westbury Manor and have absolutely no regrets! Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Being a newly engaged bride my fiance and I have been looking around for halls. The first place we went to was the Swan Club.  Its nice but I agree totally with the other posts.  The grounds are beautiiful..the cocktail room is small and the reception room has a weird setup. The food I hear is ok.The bridal rooms are run down also. Depending on your budget the money is on a low end. Check around other places....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Crest Hollow CC, Speak to Tom. GREAT guy. they work with your budget and their package start @ 89.00 pp. They have 3 beautiful rooms AND the grounds are spectacular. They are remodeling, but it will be done by this spring. They treat you like royalty. I also visited Westbury CC and the guy was a total JERK. the receptionist was smacking her gum and looked at my fiancee and I as if we were from another planet. Bery nasty attitue. Nice place but I felt rushed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP.. The grounds are beautiful but I wasn't impressed with the food at all. The cocktail hour is also too small and the rooms are too small. The tables are much too close together and you have to like basically climb over people to get back to your seat. I almost went with them but glad I changed my mind.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My father was remarried there when I was 9 years old.  It has been my dream to get married there since then.  I have read & heard many good reviews. 

It's very affordable; we booked it for our 10.10.10 wedding last summer.  I can't wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok,

I am getting married there this summer. I absolutely love it there. All the comments are about it being too tight. However, thats the bride and grooms fault. They tell you limits for each room and you are never supposed to have the high end of that number. That would be why it was so tight. As for the food, i went there during an event to do the tasting and it was much different and better then the tasting (lunch) that they have. They are so nice and accommodating. I was afraid of there being other weddings there, however, they already booked the other afair and it is a small reunion. I have to tell you that my fiance, and many other family members went to afairs there and they loved it. Food was amazing, and the service is great. However, just  make sure that whatever place you go with if they tell you it hold up to 250 you shouldn't be higher then like 220 invites. This will insure that it is not too tight wherever you are. For example the swan club holds 230 I am hoping to be at like 180-190 so that it can be spread out. The other thing is yes, the big room has a weird layout. However, you can change your set up. I love it, and my other recommendation is not to get too crazy with this website. Everyone has different tastes. I booked everything over a year ago, and when i first went on this, and asked questions or just looked under the conversations about venders that i am using some people were so rude and I got so upset. Go with what makes you happy, take into consideration comments people say, but don't let it change your mind. Congratulations and good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards