Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

To have or not to have a recieving line?

We are having a catholic ceremony that should end around 3:00 and we have to be out of the church by 3:45 at the latest because there is mass at 4:00. I was thinking of having a quick receiving line at the end of mass then everyone blow bubbles when we walk out of the church (because I love that idea for pictures, and it is nice to thank the guests), then go back inside for pictures in front of the altar. We will probably have around 100 guest at the church. I don't know how much time to plan for pictures, but I am wondering if that would be enough time to do all that? Or do you have any advice/ suggestions on this? Thanks in advance :)

Re: To have or not to have a recieving line?

• Options
    ShelbyGT21ShelbyGT21 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I would plan for a recieving line to last longer then you think. We went to a wedding yesterday at a catholic church at 1:30, so it was earlier, but we didnt get out of there till 2:45. The recieving line took way too long and not everyone did it because it was also hot out. Alot of guests talked with the bride and groom longer then they expected too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    xoEmilyRosexoEmilyRose member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    I'm having a Catholic mass as well, and I was told they are very long including the receiving line. Since you have to be out of the church around 3:45, you should talk with your priest to see what you can do to help make it run smoothly so you have enough time to greet your guests. If you decide that the receiving line will take too long, I would just plan on greeting your guests at the reception. Good luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards