Wedding Woes

Thursday

2»

Re: Thursday

• We're going to a wedding soon and just got the official invitation. Overlooking the faux-pas of dictating dress code, it's actually "formal." Believe it or not, I've never been to a formal wedding! Weddings in my crowd are nice but women wear cocktail dresses, not gowns. 
    I own one, count it one, floor-length dress and it's actually a bridesmaid dress from two years ago. I really like the dress and am happy I finally have an excuse to wear it again! Let me just pray it fits over my newfound birthing hips.
    Interesting- I would never read formal as long gowns required. I would def wear a cocktail dress to this. 
    Oh yeah? It's definitely not specified as black tie where the gown would be "required," but cocktail attire is default/bare minimum for weddings around here. So thinking that they took pains to say formal leads me to believe they want people to step up their game. 
    I would probably interpret it the same way. Long dresses are common in my circle but if someone has formal invites/many black tie elements and says formal I’m wearing a gown. 
  • That for all the thoughts, prayers and good vibes. She had an ultrasound this afternoon and everything is fine. They are still in there and growing! Yay, happy day. It was a long restless night and morning in the beachmusic household.
    SO happy to hear this!

• That for all the thoughts, prayers and good vibes. She had an ultrasound this afternoon and everything is fine. They are still in there and growing! Yay, happy day. It was a long restless night and morning in the beachmusic household.
    I 100% understand the feels on that.
    So glad to hear!

Thanks for updating us.  VERY good news!  I'm glad to hear everything is fine and hope the rest of her pregnancy is healthy and uneventful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker