Wedding Woes
Options

Friday!!

What's up everyone?!

DH and 6let were up late watching the Crew game.  6let learned some new words. 

Tonight we're doing Boo at the Zoo.

Tomorrow we're cleaning house then going to a birthday party.  After that I'm making a bunch of apps and we're doing a game night- OSU vs PSU, board games, and The Great Pumpkin movie.

Sunday church, birthday party, another church service, soccer tryouts.  THEN SOCCER IS DONE!  Until January 7.

Re: Friday!!

• Options
    Why does no one I work operate under the “a failure to plan your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” or whatever the saying is? I’m “taking the lead” (not by choice) on a project that is due Tuesday, a crap ton of work, and not even in my job description. This place is pretty a clusterf*ck everyday and I don’t know how we actually get things done. 

Cannot wait for the weekend. H and I are staying in to tonight, making tacos and catching up on work. But we’re finally going out to dinner tomorrow night just the two of us! Sunday funday of football and giving the animals baths. Even the cat. Wish us luck. 
  • Options
    It feels like autumn!   The sun in shining after two pretty solid days of rain, the air is crisp and we head into the weekend!

Saturday I think is going to be errand day.  I need to make my monthly BJ's run (and NO DH.  NO.   I'm not going to "buy one" for you.)  possibly go through the kiddos old clothes to pack up the things they can't wear anymore and at some point I'm debating going over some sex stuff with Chiquita.    Last week she verified that she thought that sex involved anal penetration.   And well....whether or not she wants to be into that is a discussion that is YEARS away.  In the meantime I picked up "It's Not The Stork" to talk to her about some real facts. 

Pumpkin carving and chores are in the forecast and Sunday morning we had the 11 AM Mass said in honor of DH's aunt who lost her battle with ovarian cancer over the summer.  

Funny story of the day: The preschool teacher called me from her car last night.   Chiquito and her boy are about 4 months apart.   In the car on the way home he said, "Mom!   Chiquito's parents like beer just like you and Daddy!"  
    We aren't sure what our boys are talking about on the playground but clearly they're paying attention! 
  • Options
    Shit pumpkin carving. We haven't done that yet. 
  • Options
    We don’t even have pumpkins yet. 
  • Options
    Halloween is my favorite holiday.  I am never prepared enough for it!  DH and I were at a pumpkin patch but decided they were the same as the supermarkets and then never got around to it!
    @Kvruns, glad that worked out. I went to reply to that thread and couldn't post that day but I loved that dress!
    @banana468, great idea with that book! 

Tonight I have a waxing right after work (actually hope to get out early for it), make dinner and then DH and i are going on a zombie paint ball hayride and flashlight corn maze!  Back home to pack and then we head out first thing tomorrow morning! Bring it Boston!

• Options

@kvruns, I'm glad your dress worked out.  Sounds like coupling it with a navy sweater was very needed, temperature-wise.

@CharmedPam, Your evening tonight sounds like so much fun!  Have a good time in Boston.  I love that city.

Speaking of trips, I need to sit down with my H this weekend and figure out if we want to go to Tahoe or not in Dec.  I got an offer from Harrahs for a free flight and hotel room...but in Reno.

So, if we went, we'd take advantage of the free flight.  Maayybbeee stay in Reno for the first and/or last night.  But get another hotel in Tahoe and spend the majority or our time there.  Because Reno vs. Tahoe?  Ummm...yeeaahhh.  That's not even a question, lol.

But then, it does start to become spendier.  I can probably get a good deal on a Harrahs property in Tahoe.  I'm estimating $100/room ($400 total).  And we'd need to take a shuttle to get there from Reno, so that's another $100 total.  I just looked it up, I actually hadn't remembered it being that cheap!  (leaning further toward taking trip).

Food is going to be a few hundred more dollars, at least.  So, I'm already at around $800 for my "free" trip", lol.  But, free flights.  Free flights!!!  That's hard to pass up for a place we love to go, lol.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Super jealous @CharmedPam I love Boston. Have a great trip!
  • Options
    Boston is awesome! Have fun!

I hate dressing up for Halloween. Hate it. But DH's crowd thinks it's fun. So this party we're going to Saturday night I'm going to be Taylor Swift from her "You Belong With Me" video. Glasses, flannel PJ pants, and a white t-shirt which I'll decorate with "Junior Jewels" and all the names of our friends in this group. This is my kind of costume- comfy and free. LOL

• Options

@kvruns, I'm glad your dress worked out.  Sounds like coupling it with a navy sweater was very needed, temperature-wise.

@CharmedPam, Your evening tonight sounds like so much fun!  Have a good time in Boston.  I love that city.

Speaking of trips, I need to sit down with my H this weekend and figure out if we want to go to Tahoe or not in Dec.  I got an offer from Harrahs for a free flight and hotel room...but in Reno.

So, if we went, we'd take advantage of the free flight.  Maayybbeee stay in Reno for the first and/or last night.  But get another hotel in Tahoe and spend the majority or our time there.  Because Reno vs. Tahoe?  Ummm...yeeaahhh.  That's not even a question, lol.

But then, it does start to become spendier.  I can probably get a good deal on a Harrahs property in Tahoe.  I'm estimating $100/room ($400 total).  And we'd need to take a shuttle to get there from Reno, so that's another $100 total.  I just looked it up, I actually hadn't remembered it being that cheap!  (leaning further toward taking trip).

Food is going to be a few hundred more dollars, at least.  So, I'm already at around $800 for my "free" trip", lol.  But, free flights.  Free flights!!!  That's hard to pass up for a place we love to go, lol.  

right?  And they're (Harrah's) not even benefiting from the extra money you have to spend!  fyi, Virginia City is my 2nd most favoritest place to be! So I'd go for that night in Reno but head up the mountains to VC in a heartbeat.  Although, winter isn't the most liveliest of activity there.....

• Options
    @short+sassy I'd take the trip!

have fun in Boston @CharmedPam
  • Options
    FIL picked up the kids last night.  I'm blissfully alone until Sunday.  

I will probably do a bunch of stuff around the house, but I plan on doing some shopping too.  :)  Maybe I'll do some cooking too and get a jump making food for next week. 
  • Options
    Tonight I'm meeting M at the mall. He has a new game that came out today {Assassin's Creed Origins} and I need to get a second maternity bra in white. I didn't realize how few dark shirts I had lol Plus some tops had to be put away because they were more summer-y and it's getting really chilly.

Then we're heading to a friend's place for hallowe'en party/hangout. I'm telling our close friends tonight also.
    We're also getting a wall unit from them for our basement

Saturday - celebration of life for sFIL's SIL, then hallowe'en party at a diff friend's place. That doesn't go late, so I'm glad.

Sunday - telling M's grandparents and probably hitting costco.
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    Shit pumpkin carving. We haven't done that yet. 
    We don’t even have pumpkins yet. 
    Same to both.
    Also we have hallowe'en decor not put up .... so I guess that'll happen on Sunday :|

I need to get a plant for my front door that I can bring in, then replant in the spring.

Suggestions? {my neighbour has I think mum's and they are lovely, I need something colourful but also able to survive inside for the winter!}
  • Options
    @kvruns photo? :) It sounds like a lovely outfit!
  • Options
    Huzzah! As much as I was looking forward to telling people, plans have been cancelled because friend who was hosting is sick.

Tonight I can take a bath and relax :D!
  • Options
    @CharmedPam Have a great trip! Have you been here before? Where will you be visiting???

This weekend H & I are going to try to go out to dinner for our anniversary - with the baby. Fingers crossed she sleeps the whole time!!!

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2017
    @CharmedPam Have a great trip! Have you been here before? Where will you be visiting???

This weekend H & I are going to try to go out to dinner for our anniversary - with the baby. Fingers crossed she sleeps the whole time!!!

Once when I was like, 15 or 16 and can't remember much but the cheers bar.  And then my friend and I walked the market place near the harbor 3 years ago but it was raining and put a damper on that day :(

Saturday we have reservations at Nico at 5 and a ghost tour at 7.  We're staying outside the city, so we're going to going to check in at noon and head downtown for lunch and all that.  Any recommendations for afternoon sees and eats? 

• Options
    It's snowing here!   Sticking to roofs and lawns but doesn't look like sidewalks and streets are covered.  (I'm looking out from the 14th floor).  Not totally unexpected this time of year, but we don't usually get the first snow until later in November.  This won't last but it does serve notice that fall days are limited.

We'll probably be at home tonight.  Tomorrow DH is supposed to work, but his back is bad today so not sure if he'll be going in tomorrow.  If he's gone, I'm going to do some cleaning and finish unpacking.  Then some shopping and a manicure.  Sunday is bye week for the Packers (my team) and the Viking (DH's team) play in London at 8:30 AM our time.  I'll go to church and he'll stay home and watch the game.  Not sure what else the rest of the day.
  • Options
    @sparklepants41, Happy Anniversary!  Crossing fingers for you, for a sleeping baby.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MNNEBride said:
    It's snowing here!   Sticking to roofs and lawns but doesn't look like sidewalks and streets are covered.  (I'm looking out from the 14th floor).  Not totally unexpected this time of year, but we don't usually get the first snow until later in November.  This won't last but it does serve notice that fall days are limited.

We'll probably be at home tonight.  Tomorrow DH is supposed to work, but his back is bad today so not sure if he'll be going in tomorrow.  If he's gone, I'm going to do some cleaning and finish unpacking.  Then some shopping and a manicure.  Sunday is bye week for the Packers (my team) and the Viking (DH's team) play in London at 8:30 AM our time.  I'll go to church and he'll stay home and watch the game.  Not sure what else the rest of the day.
    please tell me you're in Canada @MNNEBride?

Happy anniversary @sparklepants41!

• Options
    snow!?!?!

@sparklepants41 happy anniversary!  I miss being able to easily take the baby in the carseat and have him sleep or be content just sitting in it 
  • Options

Once when I was like, 15 or 16 and can't remember much but the cheers bar.  And then my friend and I walked the market place near the harbor 3 years ago but it was raining and put a damper on that day :(

Saturday we have reservations at Nico at 5 and a ghost tour at 7.  We're staying outside the city, so we're going to going to check in at noon and head downtown for lunch and all that.  Any recommendations for afternoon sees and eats? 

I have to share a quick, funny story of the first time I set foot in Boston.  I've only been there once and it was last Sept.

We were staying in nearby Revere.  Our first morning out, we got on the metro line to take us to Downtown Boston.  We had some general ideas what we wanted to do, but were going to start off just wandering around a bit.

We got off at the stop that seemed most likely to put us in the heart of things.  I'd finished off my bottled water and told my H, "Before we get our bearings, let me go throw this away at the trash can over there."

I throw away my water bottle and notice a historical marker.  Across the street is the site of the Boston Massacre.  Wow, cool!  I was just throwing away my trash, lol.  You know you're in a historical city when!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I have to share a quick, funny story of the first time I set foot in Boston.  I've only been there once and it was last Sept.

We were staying in nearby Revere.  Our first morning out, we got on the metro line to take us to Downtown Boston.  We had some general ideas what we wanted to do, but were going to start off just wandering around a bit.

We got off at the stop that seemed most likely to put us in the heart of things.  I'd finished off my bottled water and told my H, "Before we get our bearings, let me go throw this away at the trash can over there."

I throw away my water bottle and notice a historical marker.  Across the street is the site of the Boston Massacre.  Wow, cool!  I was just throwing away my trash, lol.  You know you're in a historical city when!

Yes.  There's so much history in MA. I love it! Anyone who lives there is lucky. I think that's what we'll do.  Just walk and see and do what we see and do. LOL.  I did eat at the black rose when I was there...it's my favorite flower and thought it to be a sign. Food was pretty good too but I have to try something new this time around.

• Options
    Yes.  There's so much history in MA. I love it! Anyone who lives there is lucky. I think that's what we'll do.  Just walk and see and do what we see and do. LOL.  I did eat at the black rose when I was there...it's my favorite flower and thought it to be a sign. Food was pretty good too but I have to try something new this time around.
    Yaaasss!  My H and I went there twice we liked it so much.  He was there for the fish 'n chips.  I was there for the clam chowder and lobster rolls.  We had all of those items at other places during our trip, but the Black Rose did them ALL the best.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I don’t have any good pix as I am holding my plaque in most but this is the best that I have seen

YOU LOOK GREAT! :)

Also congrats!
  • Options
    MNNEBride said:

please tell me you're in Canada @MNNEBride?

Happy anniversary @sparklepants41!
    Hey now .... we do not have snow near me forecasted lol
  • Options
    Hey now .... we do not have snow near me forecasted lol
    Ok, but the only parts of North America that should be getting snow is Canada, any part of Canada. Your'e just lucky :)  You guys LOVE it.  You live for it.  Take it all!

My sister is in Winnipeg and sent us a picture of a snow covered ground on October 14th!

• Options
    @CharmedPam, I'm in SE Minnesota - not Canada.  Nothing is accumulating, just wet.