Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Post wedding blues

So I feel silly posting this. I am feeling frustrated after the wedding. Most of the day went well, the only things we we wanted from the day was to get married and spend time with friends and family.

We used my church and had it for the full day, we had an early wedding and a brunch reception and there was no time we had to be out. 

The reception flew by for me. We did about 30 min of photos after the ceremony, then walked in and cut the cake. Then food was served buffet style. I ate a bit then was pulled upstairs for photos with one person after another. It was fine and all, I was having fun but only saw about 1/2 the guests. 

When I went downstairs again after maybe 30 45 min everyone was already cleaning up and putting tables and chairs away. 
I just feel like it flew by and I didn't get to see alot of the guests. We we're cleaned up and hour before the caterer was due back so I stayed back at the church with a few friends. 

I guess I regret that it was cleaned up so soon. When the tables and chairs were put up everyone left. I feel like if I wasn't taking pics with everyone I would have been there to stop the clean up since there was no need for it, but there were alot of people that were wanting photos and stuff too and that part was fine. 

I also feel frustrated that my mom and immediate family let the clean up start so early after we talked specifically about how we had the church all day and we were planning to stay and hang out for a while. Sometimes I feel like no one listens to me.

I don't know maybe this is silly. Thanks for listening. 

Re: Post wedding blues

• Monica313 said:
    So I feel silly posting this. I am feeling frustrated after the wedding. Most of the day went well, the only things we we wanted from the day was to get married and spend time with friends and family.

We used my church and had it for the full day, we had an early wedding and a brunch reception and there was no time we had to be out. 

The reception flew by for me. We did about 30 min of photos after the ceremony, then walked in and cut the cake. Then food was served buffet style. I ate a bit then was pulled upstairs for photos with one person after another. It was fine and all, I was having fun but only saw about 1/2 the guests. 

When I went downstairs again after maybe 30 45 min everyone was already cleaning up and putting tables and chairs away. 
    I just feel like it flew by and I didn't get to see alot of the guests. We we're cleaned up and hour before the caterer was due back so I stayed back at the church with a few friends. 

I guess I regret that it was cleaned up so soon. When the tables and chairs were put up everyone left. I feel like if I wasn't taking pics with everyone I would have been there to stop the clean up since there was no need for it, but there were alot of people that were wanting photos and stuff too and that part was fine. 

I also feel frustrated that my mom and immediate family let the clean up start so early after we talked specifically about how we had the church all day and we were planning to stay and hang out for a while. Sometimes I feel like no one listens to me.

((Hugs)) sorry you didn’t get as much time at the reception as you would have liked. Have you gotten any of your pictures back yet? Maybe you will feel better about it after you see how many people you actually were able to see.
    If there are specific people you feel were missed, invite them out for coffee or something, tell them the day went by so fast and you wanted to spend more time with them.

try not to be too upset with your mom, there is nothing anyone can do about it now. If you are still bothered by it in a couple years, have a family reunion or BBQ.
  • Monica313 said:

I think it is normal to feel upset about things that didn’t go the way you expected. I would personally take a day or two and be upset about those things. 

After that, I think it would be beneficial to look back on the day and find a few things that were just as you wanted. Focus on those things and hopefully you will start to feel better. 

There red are no perfect days, just perfect moments! 

Congrats on on your marriage. Stick around and start commenting!
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2017
    Traditionally, the bride and groom were the first to leave the reception, not the last.  While that has changed in recent years, perhaps your family is from the older tradition?
    Honestly, I am sorry you are disappointed, but this won't matter to you at all a few years from now.  Best wishes for a happy married life.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Monica313 said:

((Hugs)) sorry you didn’t get as much time at the reception as you would have liked. Have you gotten any of your pictures back yet? Maybe you will feel better about it after you see how many people you actually were able to see.
    If there are specific people you feel were missed, invite them out for coffee or something, tell them the day went by so fast and you wanted to spend more time with them.

try not to be too upset with your mom, there is nothing anyone can do about it now. If you are still bothered by it in a couple years, have a family reunion or BBQ.
    yeah,you may invite the people you really care out and have a family reunion. Then it will make you feel much better i think. (Hug)