Wedding Woes

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• My boss just said there's a bit of a stomach bug going around her house, so I'm basically keeping a good distance from her just in case lol
  • lyndausvi said:
    Boo to all those who have sick peeps around them.       Hoping for a speedy recovery.

I'm off to get my ski pass, then hitting up the grocery store.   Hopefully I can get there when it's not super crowded.  I don't even need Thanksgiving stuff.  Just your basics.   Very poor planning my part.

Tomorrow is suppose to be in the 50's and sunny.  Should be a nice day to hike with friends.   Then the rest of the day is watching football while DH works.  

I got my tree yesterday.  Yay.  It's a real tree that is only 3 feet. This is only the 2nd real tree I've had in 19 years.   I had some small fake trees for some 12 years, but they have seen better days.  I'm digging the smell of the tree.  Plus I picked up some scented pine cones.     

It's going to be my Carolers' village tree so it's up on a table.  (I have a huge old fashion caroler display).   If motivated I will start decorating tomorrow. 
    ditto! And I like to do Walmart supercenter now too because of the price match program AND 5% freedom back....and walmart is slow to begin with.  We get out early, fingers crossed It's not too too bad. But it'll be bad.

• @banana468 I am not married to the surprise, except DH liives for surprising his mom. So that part at least will be a surprise. I can tell my sister.
  • My boss told me not to do any work past 1pm today. Woooo!

Also, I'm getting all misty eyed over the fact that last night we upgraded our almost-4-month-old from a Baby Box (like a bassinet if you've never heard of it) to a Pack-n-Play. My growing girl ** sniffle **.   We're doing the recommended room sharing until 6 months and will upgrade her again to a regular crib in her own room at that time. I'm sure I'll get misty-eyed again when that happens... not to mention crazy paranoid over not being able to hear her every breath when she's no longer next to our bed.

To all those celebrating, have a happy Thanksgiving!!

• @MissKittyDanger thyroid testing during pregnancy is recommended because pregnancy increases the need for the hormone and pregnancy induced hypothyroidism may occur. Nothing to be freaked out about. You can look up the national guidelines for hypothyoidism from the American Thyroid Association if you want some light (*cough* 46 pages *cough*) reading. 

• banana468 said:
    Chiquito started the pukes last night around 6:30.   Poor dude was miserable and was up a few times throughout the night so I look GREAT.   WFH is nice so my attire can be a step above jammies.  Currently in a fleece, Mickey Mouse T Shirt, jeans and slippers.  I've washed my hands so many times the skin between my fingers is breaking.    

Working from home means not even wearing pants. You're doing it wrong. ;-)

Today is my Friday off, since we have actual Friday off. DK is WFH, and making me lunch (pirogies), so yay for that. I got movie tickets, and booked our seats - finally going to see Thor this afternoon. :smiley:

After movie: ? I might pick up a few groceries/ingredients - I feel bad going to TG dinner and not taking anything. I'll either do a side of some sort, or dessert. They always have way too much food. BFF invited me to her parents' house - they're our TX family - we do a lot of holidays with them. We need to reciprocate sometime - I feel bad about not having done so, but her grandfather is local and he takes his dog everywhere. We wouldn't have a problem with him coming, but with our dogs, his wouldn't be welcome. 
  • Jumping on the affected by sick train here.  Thankfully our house is just dealing with scratchy throat/cold symptoms, but our dayhome lady was looking rough today - but still took the kids (just warned me that I might get a call to come pick Dork up depending on how her day went).

I might have to work out of town tomorrow, and because I'm a poor planner, just realized this.  If that's the case Dork and I will stay with family in said town overnight and she'll play with her cousins tomorrow.

I had a massage last night, which was fantastic, but things still feel out of alignment, so I am trying to figure out when to book with the chiropractor (but given that I still don't know if I'm OOT tomorrow or not, it's hard to do.

Our roommate has had car trouble lately (no block heater, and it was -23C the other night), so DH has been helping her out.  I really want this to work out because DH is adamant that we need to have a roommate, but I also really don't like sharing my house and needing to be considerate of another adult.

• jh715 said:

Our roommate has had car trouble lately (no block heater, and it was -23C the other night), so DH has been helping her out.  I really want this to work out because DH is adamant that we need to have a roommate, but I also really don't like sharing my house and needing to be considerate of another adult.

because I'm nebby - why is your H insisting that you have a roommate? (especially when you don't sound like you're on board with it)
  • *Barbie* said:
    jh715 said:

because I'm nebby - why is your H insisting that you have a roommate? (especially when you don't sound like you're on board with it)
    We have a lot more house than we need, a roommate is an easy(ish) way to add funds to our budget (and funds to savings).  He was really feeling a financial crunch earlier this year, and wanted to get out ahead of things.  I'm hoping that as he progresses in his career and we add more kids to the house, we'll become too unappealing for a roommate.  As it is, I agreed to it, so I just need to do my best to make it work.
  • I hope everyone who's sick gets better soon.

Still job hunting and waiting for an answer back from the company that asked for my references. This was over a week ago. I guess I won't hear anything until next week.
  • I agree, I think thyroid testing is normal. Many people have issues with their thyroid and don't know it. 

I went to do all my thanksgiving shopping at 8:15 am yesterday. No one was there which was awesome! We're bringing stuffing, a pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce. I specifically asked H if he wanted anything specific at the store. No. Well, last night, he decided he wants us to take a cherry pie too. So I had to go back to the store and get cherries, and then I had to make more pie crust today because I only made enough for one pie yesterday. Luckily, I again went early and no one was there yet. 

My birthday is on Sunday, and he had BETTER be very nice to me and get me a gift and card ON TIME! Gift giving isn't really his thing, but he knows it's important to me, and he's unfortunately often a day late or more on gifts and cards. 
  • Hi, I'm here!

I keep popping in long enough to read but not to write.

TG should be easy here, Lions game in the afternoon, FIL at night, MIL with my rents on Friday.  I've been requested to make sweet potatoes.  Yup, those are going to wait until Friday.

Las Vegas was amazing.  It's like Times Square meets Miami Beach.  I had so many amazing meals....and oysters.  I want oysters everyday in my real life now.

H has today off work, but I don't.  I'm pretty sure the sales rep that reports to me is going to quit.  I suspected as such before I saw a note in her calendar to apply for a catering job elsewhere, but this week she has doubled down on the attitude and push back.  I suspect she doesn't have the maturity to just quit, so she's scapegoating me as the reason.  Because it's apparently demeaning to ask your employee where they left off on the three tasks you assigned them.

I'm glad you had fun in Vegas!

If you like oysters, you need to head on down to NOLA.  They are grown nearby and are EVERYWHERE, lol.  Including a popular Happy Hour special at a lot of restaurant bars, ie 50 cents/oyster.

Raw, chargrilled (my fave), yummy toppings on them, fried up and thrown in poboys...you name it, we do it with oysters. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi, I'm here!

I keep popping in long enough to read but not to write.

TG should be easy here, Lions game in the afternoon, FIL at night, MIL with my rents on Friday.  I've been requested to make sweet potatoes.  Yup, those are going to wait until Friday.

Las Vegas was amazing.  It's like Times Square meets Miami Beach.  I had so many amazing meals....and oysters.  I want oysters everyday in my real life now.

H has today off work, but I don't.  I'm pretty sure the sales rep that reports to me is going to quit.  I suspected as such before I saw a note in her calendar to apply for a catering job elsewhere, but this week she has doubled down on the attitude and push back.  I suspect she doesn't have the maturity to just quit, so she's scapegoating me as the reason.  Because it's apparently demeaning to ask your employee where they left off on the three tasks you assigned them.

I'm glad you had fun in Vegas!

If you like oysters, you need to head on down to NOLA.  They are grown nearby and are EVERYWHERE, lol.  Including a popular Happy Hour special at a lot of restaurant bars, ie 50 cents/oyster.

Raw, chargrilled (my fave), yummy toppings on them, fried up and thrown in poboys...you name it, we do it with oysters. 

I don't eat seafood, but I'll add Houston to your oyster list. DK and Wolverine like to go to a local raw bar when they do daddy/daughter nights. (They do all sorts of local seafood, but the oysters are their favorite. DK would tell you to try a michelada with them.)