New York-Long Island

Lombardi's On the Sound

My fiancee & I want to get married at a venue on the water or overlooking the water.  So far, it seems that we both like Lombardi's On the Sound the most, in terms of the gorgeous view and such.  We will probably get married and have the reception at the same venue.

I am so torn because I NEVER buy something without hearing from OTHERS that have "been there" how it REALLY is.

Can anyone out there help with their review of Lombardi's On the Sound?  Anything I should look out for?  Negotiate about?

Re: Lombardi's On the Sound

• positivelypositively member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Breathtaking!!
    No other words to describe it.  Went to wedding last October and even though it was autum it was still unreal - I don't think it matters for the season.  Food was great, service was great.  Nothing to complain about.  Not a "mill" so it makes it more special.
    HIH
  • LBCJRS1125LBCJRS1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding going to be, because if you are having a wedding during tennis playing season, your ceremony could be happening with the sound of a tennis game going on within ear shot....I was there and heard ball bouncing and talking... Beautiful venue but they told me they will not stop the tennis game...so if you dont mind that...its amazing!
  • monte0813monte0813 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to look tomorrow at Lombardis!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you positively, LBCJRS1125 & monte0813, for your replies!!!

It is so helpful to get at least SOME feedback from others who have "been there".

Seems like not too many people visit this board too often, so it's a bit difficult waiting for people to reply when you're ANXIOUS to get HELP!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't spend this kind of MONEY on ANYTHING if I don't get reviews on it and get to "test drive" it first!  I really believe this is the HARDEST part of planning a wedding!!  Choosing a venue!!

monte0813, good luck with your visit to Lombardi's!  If you go to Lombardi's On the Sound, let me know what you thought.  Also, if you actually get to sit down and talk to anyone there about PRICES, let me know what they tell you.  Or we can PM back and forth and see if we can help each other out in negotiating a better deal for each of us with them!!!  LOL!  We'll "tag team" 'em if we have to!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards