Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP Timing

Getting ready to order our Invites, and I'm psyching myself out about RSVP dates. Our wedding is 3/3, and the venue only needs a headcount two days beforehand. Should I set our RSVP date as 2/24? Or do a little earlier and build myself more time to follow-up with stragglers?

Re: RSVP Timing

• I’d leave a little more wiggle room than two days. My venue needed four days so I made the rsvp date one week before the wedding, to give H and I three days to chase down stragglers.  
    What’s your crowd like?  If you anticipate needing to reach out to a dozen people, 2-3 days should be enough.  If you’ll be chasing down 100 guests, I’d give yourself more time.
  • I think we gave ourselves a week to track down stragglers. 
  • eileenrob said:
    I’d leave a little more wiggle room than two days. My venue needed four days so I made the rsvp date one week before the wedding, to give H and I three days to chase down stragglers.  
    What’s your crowd like?  If you anticipate needing to reach out to a dozen people, 2-3 days should be enough.  If you’ll be chasing down 100 guests, I’d give yourself more time.
    We only have around 100 guests total, and most is local family, so I don't anticipate a whole lot of people to chase down - so one week should be sufficient? That makes me feel better - I feel like we're getting down the wire for sending invites but I think if we get them out the first weekend in January we should be fine!
  • MRDCle said:
    eileenrob said:
    I’d leave a little more wiggle room than two days. My venue needed four days so I made the rsvp date one week before the wedding, to give H and I three days to chase down stragglers.  
    We only have around 100 guests total, and most is local family, so I don't anticipate a whole lot of people to chase down - so one week should be sufficient? That makes me feel better - I feel like we're getting down the wire for sending invites but I think if we get them out the first weekend in January we should be fine!
    The first week of January for an early March wedding is fine!  You’re good!  Yeah a week for rsvp’s sounds sufficient.
  • If your wedding is small and/or your crowd is generally responsive, a week is fine. If it's a big wedding and/or your crowd is hard to get a hold of, two weeks will be much better.
    *********************************************************************************

• I would set the RSVP date two weeks before the wedding. That'll give you a week to call the people who don't think they need to call because of course they're coming.

You would be surprised that there are people who don't know RSVP means Please Respond! Let us know if you will be attending or not attending.