Wedding Woes

OH the nightmares

I literally have nightmares almost every night about things going wrong at the wedding..anyone else? 

Re: OH the nightmares

• I literally have nightmares almost every night about things going wrong at the wedding..anyone else? 
    Yes. That totally happened. I often had dreams about my wedding starting without me or without my dress being finished. It does not mean anything, your brain is still just processing things while you sleep. It is completely normal 
  • I had a couple.  They don't mean anything more than your wedding is on your mind.  When are you getting married??

• Mine was more running thoughts and anxiety when I was trying to go to sleep. Mostly just logistical stuff going wrong like the chairs not showing up or our timeline getting all off. There were a few snafus (I think EVERY wedding has them) but the more you can roll with the punches, the happier you'll be with the whole experience!
    *********************************************************************************

• The big day is 10/06/2018 
    I feel like I haven't done much planning lately so I think my anxiety is just kicking in early haha
  • I had some really weird dreams .... some of the most memorable ones were:

My sister (MOH) insisting that she wear a white MOH dress and that we'd climb up a ladder to get to the aisle. 

My brother's wedding "didn't count" (he got married 3 months prior to us) and we had a dual wedding at ours.

A family friend pitching a major temper tantrum at the reception because we didn't play her dad's favorite song.   (This friend wasn't even invited to the wedding, which made the dream even stranger).
  • Believe it or not, you might actually feel better once you get more into planning. Often, at least for me, thinking about what I have to do is overwhelming, but then once I start working on those things, I realize it's not so bad. I'm not saying you'll never have another nightmare, but you may feel better as things started to get decided and taken care of. 

Just remember that no wedding is completely perfect; almost every bride has a story of something that went wrong or something they wish they had done differently. I was nervous too, but a few days before the wedding, I realized that to a great degree, it was now out of my hands. As long as I was getting married that day, I was happy, and it was okay if not everything was perfect. Try to remember that for yourself, and I think you'll be happier both during the planning process and at the wedding itself.

• I couldn't sleep 2 days before because i had anxiety that I was going to forget something.  And the venue did a lot of my work for me.  My participation was like 5% of that day, but still what I forgot the markers or table tent cards or wedding cake topper? you cant have wedding cake without a topper!!!!  Stuff like that. No, nightmares though.

• I kept having nightmares that I was late to my own wedding. I'm a freakishly punctual person so those dreams were legitimately distressing! 

• I can't think of any nightmares I had! I don't know if I didn't have them, or by now I've just forgotten. I do remember constantly checking (and double, and triple checking) my to do list. And making back up to do lists. 
  • My most recent nightmare--my MIL had a rehearsal dinner but I wasn't invited 
    My dress was purple, then my dress was stitched with blue thread on the back
  • I actually had a weird wedding dream (I wouldn't call it a nightmare).  I don't remember much of it, but it was just all-around odd .... and we've been married for nearly 5 years!
  • literally last night it was the day of my wedding and my dress wasn't here...then my hair looked awful