Wedding Invitations & Paper

Online printing and image sizes

Unable to find ready-made invites that proudly boast the nerdy theme and party vibe we're going for, I designed the Save the Dates, Invites, and RSVP cards with the intention of printing them from an online vendor, like VistaPrint, PSPrint, FedEx, etc. And man do they look cool - Legend of Zelda start screen invite, 8bit cave of shadows RSVP, and Navi screaming Hey! Listen! for the StD :) 

I've used VistaPrint and FedEx before for like business cards and Christmas cards, but never really anything quiiiiiite as important as wedding invites. Christmas cards I can be a little lazy with; this is something I want to put a little more effort into. But when trying the images on various websites' uploads, the graphic gets way distorted or half of it gets lopped off (except PSPrint, but I've never bought from them to know the quality. Waiting for their free sample kit to come in.)

So question is, for anyone who has used online print shops before, who gave you the best invite without going into debt? I read somewhere the some people spend $3,000 on just invites and nearly died haha And when you used your online vendor of choice, any idea what size your images generally were to make them still look good? 

Re: Online printing and image sizes

• Unable to find ready-made invites that proudly boast the nerdy theme and party vibe we're going for, I designed the Save the Dates, Invites, and RSVP cards with the intention of printing them from an online vendor, like VistaPrint, PSPrint, FedEx, etc. And man do they look cool - Legend of Zelda start screen invite, 8bit cave of shadows RSVP, and Navi screaming Hey! Listen! for the StD :) 

I've used VistaPrint and FedEx before for like business cards and Christmas cards, but never really anything quiiiiiite as important as wedding invites. Christmas cards I can be a little lazy with; this is something I want to put a little more effort into. But when trying the images on various websites' uploads, the graphic gets way distorted or half of it gets lopped off (except PSPrint, but I've never bought from them to know the quality. Waiting for their free sample kit to come in.)

So question is, for anyone who has used online print shops before, who gave you the best invite without going into debt? I read somewhere the some people spend $3,000 on just invites and nearly died haha And when you used your online vendor of choice, any idea what size your images generally were to make them still look good? 
    Have you tried tinyprints? Under their Holiday Cards option, you can upload your own design. I did that for a few years with my own design. I realize you are printing your STDs this way, but they are great and won't break the bank. Plus they have designers who will proof it for you.