Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony , vows, I do's, etc

Hello!
I am working with my officiant to prepare our ceremony script and really struggling.  She has been so helpful and I have tweaked it here and there and then my Mom and MIL added some more traditional things to say. 
This is a small excerpt of what is being said where I am having trouble...

"            A vast, unknown future stretches out before you. That future, with its hopes and disappointments, its joys and its sorrows, is hidden from your eyes. But it is a great tribute to your belief in each other that you are willing to face those uncertainties together. May the pure, simple love with which you join hearts and hands today never fail, but grow deeper and surer with every year you spend together. May you use the love and strength you find in each other to nurture your marriage. 
(*****THIS IS WHERE IM HAVING TROUBLE******) The couple have prepared their own vows,  Spouse 1 and 2 Remember the joy you feel today joining as one and be truly present in this moment as you vow to one another.  Spouse 1, would you like to begin? or Spouse 1 ? 

Spouse 1:

Spouse 2:

For thousands of years lovers have exchanged rings as a token of their vows. These bands are not of great value in themselves, but are made precious by our wearing of them and the commitment they honor. Let these rings be a sign that love has a past, a present and a future, and that love is a circle of joyous wonder, and delight. (*************THIS IS ALSO WHERE I AM HAVING TROUBLE***********)

Spouse 1, take Spouse 2's ring, place it on her finger and repeat after me: “With this ring, / I, Spouse 1, take you, Spouse 2, to be my wife / and partner for life. / Just as this circle is without end, / my love for you is never-ending.”

Spouse 2, take Spouse 1's ring, place it on his finger and repeat after me: “With this ring, / I, Spouse 2, take you, Spouse 1, to be my husband / and partner for life. / Just as this circle is without end, / my love for you is never-ending.”

Should be skip the repeat after me and somehow form that into and "I DO" question? If we do make it an "I DO" question then when do we exchange rings? 

Please help. I kind of want to say I DO after the vows but I don't know where to exchange rings or how to phrase the "questions" 

Also, how long is too long for  written vows? **

Re: Ceremony , vows, I do's, etc

• I am a traditional lady.  I would recommend shortening your vows.

For thousands of years lovers have exchanged rings as a token of their vows. These bands are not of great value in themselves, but are made precious by our wearing of them and the commitment they honor.

Spouse 1, take Spouse 2's ring, place it on her finger and repeat after me: “With this ring, / I, Spouse 1, take you, Spouse 2, to be my wife / and partner for life.

Spouse 2, take Spouse 1's ring, place it on his finger and repeat after me: “With this ring, / I, Spouse 2, take you, Spouse 1, to be my husband / and partner for life.

I would think there should be something about promising to love and honor the spouse.  The "I do" is said when the officiant asks you the question, not when you recite your own vows.

Just my thoughts.  Love being "never ending" makes me uncomfortable.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • So I opted to remove : Spouse 1, take Spouse 2's ring, place it on her finger and repeat after me: “With this ring, / I, Spouse 1, take you, Spouse 2, to be my wife / and partner for life. / Just as this circle is without end, / my love for you is never-ending.”

Spouse 2, take Spouse 1's ring, place it on his finger and repeat after me: “With this ring, / I, Spouse 2, take you, Spouse 1, to be my husband / and partner for life. / Just as this circle is without end, / my love for you is never-ending.”

I think we will recite our vows and then the officiant will ask if we take each other as husband and wife. In our vows, we will be saying our promises to each other. 

I wrote that we decided to express our love to each other by writing our own vows and would like to recite before the officiant asks us to begin . 

• Sounds good.  Just remember that your wedding ceremony is not about expressing your love for each other.  It is about making promises to each other that you intend to follow throughout your marriage. 
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg