Wedding Woes

Friday

No Friday post at 11:06 Central time?

What's on tap for everyone this weekend? 

Re: Friday

• My SSIL (H's step sister) posted on fb about her anniversary a few days ago. Then posted last night something along the lines of "when you post the wrong anniversary date and your mom has to correct you". Which is funny in itself until you sit here and think that I know they actually got married at in late December of that year and then had a big, tropical PPD but of course didn't tell people they got married a month earlier "for tax reasons" 
  • Guess who's husband finally felt the baby kick!!
    MINE!

I texted M this morning saying baby was super active, and he's like "I know"
    Uhm what :|
    Apparently he thought he felt something other night but wasn't sure, but this morning he could a "faint running man" happening. I'm so friggen excited!

I'm also 20 weeks today :) Half baked!

Tomorrow we're going to a friend of my mum's place to shoot guns,etc. I likely will end up on the skidoo on the property, because I don't really want to - plus I feel like it might be too much for baby. I could be just paranoid, but if I was more into shooting or did it more, it might be different.
    Apparently someone is bringing tannerite - which is basically an explosive that doesn't take much. More for show than anything.
    Then we're all doing dinner at a buffet.

Sunday I might be seeing a friend, but idk for sure yet. Her bf has to go bottle and cap some wine he made, so it depends on when he can go and how long it'll take. I told her next Saturday works in worse case scenario.

Monday is redo of ultrasound. Since we really wanna know gender, if baby doesn't comply we've looked into 3D ultrasound that's by my mum's place. Reasonable pricing and you get a video. If they can't show you face/gender, they'll have you return for another appt {like if baby's covering their face or if you wanna know gender}
  • @CharmedPam, I love your "to the minute" timing.  Apparently we are all a bunch of posting slackers today, lol.

My H and our plumber are fixing the two pipes that broke from the freezing.  I'm about to call them and (probably) pick up lunch for them, because I'm about to leave work.

Oof, I feel really bad for one of our neighbors.  They are such nice ladies, though with physical limitations and fixed incomes.  They always offer us rides to the airport and to watch our dog Izzy, when we go out of town.  They need to redo almost all their plumbing from the below freezing temps we had.  They did everything they should have (kept the house warm, the faucets slightly running), but water still froze in their old PVC pipes and they cracked.  Our plumber is a friend and lives nearby.  My H occasionally works for him as a helper.  Knowing my guy, I'll bet he is going to offer to help for free, if our plumber will give them a reduced price.

I should really go to the grocery store.  But I don't wanna and will do it tomorrow instead.  I do need to stop at the bank.

Other than that, not much on tap for the weekend.  Dishes and laundry are backed up from the water being mostly off for the last three days, plus the city was asking for people to hold off on unnecessary water use.  So Saturday and/or Sunday we will be making up for lost time.

And we're right back to highs in the 20s and 30s, moving into highs in the 60s for over the weekend, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @starmoon44, woohoo! have fun
    @kvruns, yeah that's bad on them to not tell their guests.  tropical = destination I take it? 

So far we have Insidious and Paddington 2 lined up for the weekend. lol.  Two completely opposite movies. Then I have to get up at 4 a.m. on Monday for my surgery. eeek!  I'm first in, which is what I wanted but didn't think it required a 4 a.m. wake up call.

• Have fun @STARMOON44

That’s really unfortunate @short+sassy. And I hope your plumber friend can help your neighbors too! 

This week has been kind of the worst for me. I’m just feeling really down and defeated. Happy New Year. Lol. The clinical site I was supposed to have is being ridiculous and sexist, and I don’t have any other options right now, but because they’re not responding to me I can’t start there either. I’m having one of those “I chose the wrong path” moments. And work has been kind of depressing too. Plus I sprained my thumb yesterday at work and it hurts so much today. 

But pity fest aside, SO and I might go out to dinner tonight if we feel up to it, I have dinner with a friend tomorrow, and Sunday is a family event for SO’s Mom’s bday. Although that will be interesting since his sister is “hosting” it. I’m really looking forward to dinner with my friend tomorrow. And I’m finally pretty much over being sick, so I’m trying to focus on some of the positives in life. 

• @misskittydanger, I hope baby cooperates!
    @short+sassy, I feel so bad for your neighbors :(  Being a home owner can suck sometimes.  We're going into the high 30's and 40's this weekend and it felt SO MUCH BETTER already walking outside.  Sad, that mid 30 is "amazing weather". 

• @charmedpam Yep tropical destination to the 50th state. I think most guests live near them on the West Coast so easier/cheaper than going from the midwest or east coast but still. 
  • My husband's grandmother died yesterday morning.  She was 11 days shy of 93 and never expected to live that long so while it's sad, she had a GREAT life. 

Weirdness though: She had been living with my ILs.  She died overnight and the body was still in the home when we got there Thursday.  There is a bathroom door between the bedroom she died in and a door into the hall.  I didn't even pay attention to the door to the bedroom.  It was OPEN and my MIL was in there saying goodbye. 

Then DH and I went in to say goodbye.  I've never seen a body that had not been embalmed.

Grandma donated her body to science.  The people came to get the body, but one of them was stuck in traffic.  MIL volunteered my husband to help remove the body. My husband had to help place his dead grandmother in a body bag and zip it up!!

MIL went through grandma's purse to get money to buy lunch. 

They are doing a celebration of life...with a Mexican theme.  I mean, grandma was a Spanish teacher, but......

• kvruns said:
    @charmedpam Yep tropical destination to the 50th state. I think most guests live near them on the West Coast so easier/cheaper than going from the midwest or east coast but still. 
    So they could have easily have gotten married in Hawaii then, right?  I mean I have never looked into it, but it's not another country, so it's not as complicated right? (would love some further education on this) 

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2018
    @6fsn sorry for your H's loss.  Now as for the rest of it, woah. I would not want to see a body laying there, nor be asked to carry it out. Or go through the dead person's purse hours later for lunch money??

@charmedpam absolutely they could have gotten married there without hassle. Google tells me there is no waiting period for the license so they could have easily gotten it when they arrived.  But they chose to get married "on paper" in December so they could file taxes for that year as married. 

edit: this is also the person who apparently now goes around telling her mom and step dad about how she wished they would have just gotten married in a backyard or somewhere more simple. Nevermind the fact her mom/step dad (which is my H's dad) paid $30K or more for this PPD. I don't think they even knew about the early marriage until either just before the PPD or maybe just after. Her mom never acted mad about it but I know it isn't super open information
  • @kvruns- the lunch money sounds a little worse typed out.  MIL had taken cash out because grandma wanted to "pay her way" while living with MIL.  MIL knew the cash was there, but it still felt really odd to do in that moment. 
  • So sorry for your loss @6sfn
  • @STARMOON44 Whoo! Where are you going for your date? :)

@kvruns so basically the mom called her out on her PPD? LOL

@short+sassy  Your H sounds like a very sweet guy :)

@6fsn Sorry to hear :( Was this the one you mentioned wasn't doing well not long ago?
  • @6fsn oh no. I'm so sorry. Hugs for you and your H. 
  • @STARMOON44 get it girl!
    Image result for hair flip gif

Not a whole lot is happening this weekend. Meal prep and cleaning for when H leaves Monday for a business trip to Mexico. He'll be gone almost 2 weeks. I really like having my ducks in a row so I can just chill while he's away.
    *********************************************************************************

• @MissKittyDanger I wish.  The mom reminded her that their PPD anniversary (though she just said anniversary) was the 18th and not the 14th of Jan like SSIL had posted.  In reality they got married some time in December, not sure the exact day. Not sure MIL knows the exact day either
  • @kvruns damn! I wish she had :\ is there a huge difference between actual date and PPD day?
  • @6fsn sorry to hear that mr. 6's grandmother passed. i know she's been sick for quite a while, so at least she is at peace. I'm laughing at your MIL raiding grandma's purse for lunch money - I mean, it's completely practical, but the timing is a little morbid. 
  • @kvruns damn! I wish she had :\ is there a huge difference between actual date and PPD day?
    few weeks? I just know it was done near the end of the year and then they had the PPD mid January. It was 100% just to file as married on taxes. 
  • kvruns said:
    @kvruns damn! I wish she had :\ is there a huge difference between actual date and PPD day?
    few weeks? I just know it was done near the end of the year and then they had the PPD mid January. It was 100% just to file as married on taxes. 
    Hope it was worth it for them?  Last year I filed married but separately because it would have costed us more for joint!

• 6 - Sorry for you loss.  I also can't believe that your MIL voluntold your H to help move and zip up grandma's body.  I feel like that will live with him for a long time.

Last night H & I went back to the eye doctor.  I got my new glasses and a year supply of contacts!  DD did not get her typical afternoon crash nap since we had the doctor's.  She did pretty well all things considered.  Once we finally got home - we were there for an hour - I put her in her baby swing with a blanket to keep her cozy.  She was asleep in 5 minutes.  30 minutes before bedtime, I shut off the swing and she slowly woke up on her own.  We then let her play and cuddle a bit before bedtime.

Tonight is yoga.  Not sure what we will be doing tomorrow, but will most likely hit up Church.  Sunday is the Eagles at 6:40!  Go Birds!  Otherwise, it will just be a cleaning and small projects around the house.

• I’m so sorry for your loss @6fsn

• kvruns said:
    @kvruns damn! I wish she had :\ is there a huge difference between actual date and PPD day?
    Hope it was worth it for them?  Last year I filed married but separately because it would have costed us more for joint!
    No kidding, ever since I got married I stopped getting a refund (or maybe we got a super small one). Even having a kid didn't help, we still owed last year. 
  • So as I mentioned, I'm doing makeup for a wedding in September.
    Bride just mentioned that in late May - 2 weeks before my due date - there is an event for the wedding. Could I do her makeup for that and did I want to come?
    My answer: assuming I'm not in labour or just given birth, 100% yes lol
  • Aaaaaaand we just bought the condo!  Took my H 1/2 hour to sign.  My closing was from 10-5, legit (it was a short sale).
    Congrats!!!
  • Congrats!
  • 6fsn said:

My husband's grandmother died yesterday morning.  She was 11 days shy of 93 and never expected to live that long so while it's sad, she had a GREAT life. 

Weirdness though: She had been living with my ILs.  She died overnight and the body was still in the home when we got there Thursday.  There is a bathroom door between the bedroom she died in and a door into the hall.  I didn't even pay attention to the door to the bedroom.  It was OPEN and my MIL was in there saying goodbye. 

Then DH and I went in to say goodbye.  I've never seen a body that had not been embalmed.

Grandma donated her body to science.  The people came to get the body, but one of them was stuck in traffic.  MIL volunteered my husband to help remove the body. My husband had to help place his dead grandmother in a body bag and zip it up!!

MIL went through grandma's purse to get money to buy lunch. 

They are doing a celebration of life...with a Mexican theme.  I mean, grandma was a Spanish teacher, but......

I am so sorry for your loss.
    I was in charge of the funeral arrangements for my mother five years ago.  Since we had several days warning before her peaceful death in hospice, I was able to make the arrangements in advance.  The funeral home picked up her body within the hour.  This was in Des Moines, Iowa.
    It sounds as if your grandmother's death was unexpected and sudden.  The donation of her body would have required legal documents, and this could have delayed things a bit.  I am glad that your relatives followed her wishes.  I don't think it was bad that your husband (her grandson) had a part in transporting her body.  Grandma might have liked that.  Sort of like a pall bearer.
    I hope that the passage of time will help ease the shock and loss you experienced.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg