New York-Long Island

Modern Event Spaces for 100 in Nassau

My fiancé and I live in Brooklyn, but are planning to get married on Long Island, where he is from, and where I spent a lot of time as a child, since my father is from there. Unfortunately, we're having a hard time finding the right venue and I'd really appreciate suggestions.

The closest we've gotten so far is Allegria Hotel in Long Beach. The location is perfect (easy enough for out of town guests to not have to deal with NYC traffic/hotels, but still accessible for our many friends who live in the city), but our guest list doesn't hit their minimum and I think they upcharge to make up the difference is more than we're willing to pay per plate. Plus, they have an awful lot of negative review on Yelp.

We went out to look at Westbury Manor and the Swan Club last weekend, but, while both have gorgeous outdoor spaces, we both found the interiors a bit too heavy and old-fashioned looking.

So here's what I'm hoping to find: A space in Nassau County, not too far from the LIRR (we'll have a shuttle, but I don't want it to be an hour ride or anything), with either gardens or an ocean view, modern decor, where we won't be charged $200/plate. Suggestions?